...life can be translucent

Menu

what is 9.5 about?

esolo

visitor
Reaction score
Anyone?

Is it about being honest and up front and how this leads to good things? Can someone offer me some various translations of that line?

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Our real wealth and promise is in how we are to each other.
With trust we resist the wearing forces.

This is how I translate the line and its commentary

09.5, 9 5th,

Being true is as good as a bond
Enrichment is by way of one’s neighbors

09.5x Being true (is) as good as a bond:
There is no enrichment alone

B

bruce_g

bradford said:
Our real wealth and promise is in how we are to each other.
With trust we resist the wearing forces.

This is how I translate the line and its commentary

09.5, 9 5th,

Being true is as good as a bond
Enrichment is by way of one’s neighbors

09.5x Being true (is) as good as a bond:
There is no enrichment alone

This bond, this relatedness, which 9.5 speaks to, it makes me think of LiSe's "Tending small livestock". There's a relatedness that the farmer has to his livestock; not as with a family pet, but as a being of enrichment, namely: food. Without this bond between farmer and livestock, the farmer's work becomes drudgery: "With trust we resist the wearing forces."

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I remember getting it asking about if I should accept an offer of a paid for holiday from someone close. Pretty literal, I took it :)

esolo

visitor
Reaction score
So, it's talking about gaining something via someone else or being "enriched" by someone else. Sounds like it has been literal in some readings and meant money.

Is it always material enrichment?

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
esolo said:
So, it's talking about gaining something via someone else or being "enriched" by someone else. Sounds like it has been literal in some readings and meant money.

Is it always material enrichment?

No I can't see why it would always be about material enrichment, though I don't see how one would interpret it if there were no other people involved, but there must be a way.

Hmm making me think of Bruce asking once how you'd interpret 13 if you were on a desert island (alone) because I think Bruce you always like to understand how a line might be understood when there are no other people involved. Maybe thats what you are trying to put over in your post above about the relation between the farmer and the livestock. But without any other living thing entailed how would you interpret it,( if your're there :) )

esolo

visitor
Reaction score
Hmm making me think of Bruce asking once how you'd interpret 13 if you were on a desert island (alone) because I think Bruce you always like to understand how a line might be understood when there are no other people involved.

Maybe you wouldn't get 13 if you were on a desert island all alone :)

B

bruce_g

esolo said:
Hmm making me think of Bruce asking once how you'd interpret 13 if you were on a desert island (alone) because I think Bruce you always like to understand how a line might be understood when there are no other people involved.

Maybe you wouldn't get 13 if you were on a desert island all alone :)

True observation, Esolo. I do first seek answers within myself, maybe to a fault. The desert island scenario wouldn't have any bearing on which hexagram someone would receive, would it? Eventually each and every one would come up. Would some then be no longer applicable? With 13, there would still be relatedness with the sun, sky, moon, earth, with wind and sea, with animals and vegetation. In fact, there may be experienced an even greater sense of fellowship in that setting, than that experienced with a life dominated by human relationships and activities.

Owlietta

visitor
Reaction score
Okay... I just asked about the recent lack of sex in our relationship, and got 9.5

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
9 is about the wearing forces, of erosion and attrition, the little things and the little annoyances that add up to larger effects. The change or Zhi Gua is towards those larger issues, things that you want to outlast the changes. I'd have to suggest that this is about keeping your higher priorities in mind, Relationships stay healthier with good sex and intimacy. Oxytocin is a great bonding cement. It's best to go the extra distance and keep that going, even if you have to push through difficult moods or resentments and insist that you allow yourself the intimate exchanges. Men and women, on average, are different here. Men will tend to see sex as a path to closeness, while women will tend to see it as a reward for closeness.These two usually have to be reconciled.

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
While obviously not knowing anything about your situation Owlietta, nevertheless, you and your partner might find this website useful to kick-start the intimacy and therefore the sex:

http://www.reuniting.info/

N

nAstWr

Does the line 9.5 show a relationship with honesty and trust between a man and a woman?

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).