...life can be translucent

Menu

What's your website?

august moon

visitor
Reaction score
In some posts, people mention "I like your website", etc. Is there a list of links to members' I Ching websites? Or would people mind posting their web address here on this thread?

mudpie

visitor
Reaction score
click on the names in the left corner of the posts people write and their home page/website is usually listed in their profile

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks to that question, I just learned that my own profile data got erased,
maybe when Hilary switched systems a while back. So maybe not everybody's
website is as available as they think it is.

Sparhawk

One of those men your mother warned you about...
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Mine, at least one of them, should be in my profile. From there you can jump to my other sites.

Cheers,

Luis

heylise

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score

heylise

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, I was already asleep, thanks for answering for me.

The old one, the "org" will indeed stop existing. I will try to tell about changing the link to everyone I know of. Maybe the counter can tell me who they are, apart from the ones I do know.

Oh darn, I suddenly realize I cannot say anything about it on the old one. This provider has been changing owner or something similar, cutting off my access to the site without any warning. Since more than a month now I cannot change anything, so I cannot put the new address on it either...

This was the best provider of the Netherlands, hm. I have a rather unknown one now, Argeweb, which was recommended to me. Costs less than 1/3 and has lots more features and possibilities. Wonderful helpdesk, great manual, perfect homepage where I can find anything I need to know. And hopefully a better administration than the old one. The bills used to make me desperate. I have still a stack of bills to sort out. Lots of credit ones but never anything back.. Where is that nice rant emoticon we had on Clarity? I need it! View attachment 224

If this works, I will edit it and add a big smile!

:D :D :D

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
LiSe- it's done.

This is sort of an object lesson for budding Yixue teachers and entrepreneurs out there.
If somebody is going to have links to their work on websites around the world, the last
thing they want to do is casually change their URL. The earlier one will just become
a dead link on hundreds of websites, and will likely just get erased instead of replaced.
You should make sure to find one that will be portable, regardless of your host or server.

If you're in this position you can google the part of your URL after the w's and see who all
has you linked, then go to those pages you want to keep and send them each a standard
notice.

ewald

visitor
Reaction score
Oh darn, I suddenly realize I cannot say anything about it on the old one. This provider has been changing owner or something similar, cutting off my access to the site without any warning. Since more than a month now I cannot change anything, so I cannot put the new address on it either...

It seems strange that you aren't able to access your own site, or contact the new provider and demand access to it? -- Are you sure this is all impossible?

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
eeek?

LiSe - does that mean your translation will no longer be available online?

*panics*

:eek:

Or will you be adding it to the new site? Please (pleasepleaseplease...) say you'll be adding it to the new site...

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
LiSe - does that mean your translation will no longer be available online?

Hilary-
LiSe's translation is at the new site
Just hit the "Choose" link, or else bookmark
http://www.yijing.nl/i_ching/index.html

What's changed is that all of us who had links to her old website address
now need to change those links because the old one will soon be no good.

heylise

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Bradford - good idea! Googling who has a link. Going to do that.

Ewald - I have no access to the old one. The provider is being bought by, or fusing with, another one, so everything goes to other whatever, and the only thing I can see on my ftp address is an empty thing, just a few folders. They gave no warning before they did that, and that is more than a month ago. Did the same with the other one, and there I am trying to make my little shop work.. grrr.
But now I have a much better provider with lots more nice things I can use, and lots cheaper for each website. A homepage where I can actually find what I am looking for, and an online helpdesk which actually answers. Fast.

August moon - it works fine for me, I have no idea what goes wrong.. Maybe type it in your browser, and then make a shortcut?

I know how much trouble it is, to change a name, but I had 3 websites and it cost lots of money, so I decided to only keep 2. I did not want to lose the yijing-one, so I hoped the links-thing would be nothing dramatic. Most people come here often, so they know already.

And all - happy that my website is loved. It makes it very rewarding to work on it.

LiSe

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Yahoo (which tends to list more incoming links than Google) knows about 206 links to your site! Here's a direct link to the results which I hope will work for you. You might need to log into your Yahoo account to see it.

RindaR

visitor
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Very much loved here, too, LiSe.

Rinda

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom