...life can be translucent

Menu

Virtual I Ching Communities

stevev

visitor
Reaction score
Does anybody know of any in virtual enviroments like www.SecondLife.com ?

If there aren't any I might try to set one up with virtual consultations etc.

Reaction score
Second Life Yi Jing Community

A community based around a Second Life version of the Yi Jing called the Avatarian Oracle can be found in Rieul, Mieum and Callisto, SL. Just enter Avatarian in search places to find the Order's locations and those of its friends. The Order is called The Avatars of Change. At Great Avatar Temple you will find offering vessels, a Chinese text of the Yi, and a sacred space dedicated to some of the great figures in Yi Xue (Kong Zi, Wen Wang, Zhou Gong, et al.)

May Supreme Avatar Smile Upon You!

stevev

visitor
Reaction score
The whole thing is fabulous

Hello Taras,

Thanks for the info. I visited the Great Avatar Temple and the Zen Retreat, recieved an oracle "The Cauldron", it's all amazing. Hope to develop some software for it when I figure out how.

Wanted to join the group "Avatars of Change", but don't know how yet.

Thanks

Steve

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Is anyone else simply in awe of Yi's sheer pervasive power?

Reaction score
Joining The Avatars of Change

Hello Taras,

Thanks for the info. I visited the Great Avatar Temple and the Zen Retreat, recieved an oracle "The Cauldron", it's all amazing. Hope to develop some software for it when I figure out how.

Wanted to join the group "Avatars of Change", but don't know how yet.

Glad to hear you dropped by! To get an invitation to The Avatars of Change in Second Life just send an IM requesting it to Taras Balderdash. You might want to mention that you heard about us here on Clarity.

May Supreme Avatar Smile Upon You!

Sparhawk

One of those men your mother warned you about...
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi steve,

I was reading an article in a magazine last week about SecondLife and it had me intrigued. Are you a member? Am I right in thinking it's like a big interactive Sim City?

Hi Nicky,

I've been a member of SL for about two years (ElCurandero Angelus). Not very active there as I used to be but it is getting better and better as they iron some kinks. IMO Sim City doesn't hold a candle to SL. SL is the future of interactive computing. Chris Gait, aka Taras Balderdash, is at the forefront of Yi studies and services in SL and has built beautiful places there. I wish I had more time to spend around there; my attention span though, is kind of lacking... :D

Luis

stevev

visitor
Reaction score
I second Luis' opion

SL is an order of magnitute above SimCity, it is similar in that you can design and build cities, in 3D but they are then just places to go in SL unlike SimCity where that just about the whole point. It's what happens at these locations the interaction between the virtual people you meet that's the real point. I'm telling you, you need to experience it. There are all sorts there but when communities like this one are transfered there we could be having this conversation there with coins or marbles to consult the I Ching and everybody standing around with our favourite copy of the book pointing out relevent passages in the text instead of typing.

Of course we would have to write the software and scripts to enable all of this to happen, which is the major difference between SL and other 3D environment games, apart from being able to walk and talk there is very little hard coded behaviour in SL, it's up to the participants to build all the content. SL provides basic objects, APIs and scripting languages to allow you to do that.

There are some basic menu items that allow you to change your apperance and clothes etc. and you can buy clothing other people have created. Of course if you build something you can choose to give it away.

Hope to see more of you there soon.

stevev

visitor
Reaction score
Hello Taras

It looks like you can only IM friends so I remotely offered you friendship from Pragma Planer, I hope it worked thanx

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).