...life can be translucent

Menu

Get smart Quick

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Tired of being stupid? Tired of making the same mistakes over and over and yes - God forgive again one more time - OVER AGAIN? You KNOW you're smarter than this, you KNOW you learned all this before, so why am I experiencing this yet again one more time?

Toss an I Ching and defend your answer.

B

bruce_g

Rosada, yer killing me! :rofl:

I won't even throw the coins on this one; it's too obvious.

Answer: 4

thedave

visitor
Reaction score
Well, I asked something along those lines. I recently(about six months ago) went through a breakup with someone I loved a lot. It was a four year relationship, and to be honest I'm still affected by it, of course. Anyway, this is the second long term love relationship that hasn't worked out, so I asked the Yi what the deal was. Why do I have to go through these relationships, making the same mistakes, with the same outcome: losing someone I seriously thought I was going to marry. Seriously. Now, this isn't to say that I haven't learned lessons. The first relationship was my HS sweetheart, and those rarely last forever, I know now in retrospect. This last relationship I have learned a lot too, still learning in fact, things I did wrong, things I could have done better, things I did right, etc. And always, more about what I want and don't want in a partner. Sorry if this all sounds naive, but I'm going through my first saturn return right now, and for those of you who know astrology, you know its a pain in the ass. :p Anyway, I threw the yi and asked: Why do I keep going through these serious relationships, what is the point?

9.1.4.5. - 26

I don't care for hex 9. But in this case, I'll take it. This seems to be a very hopeful reading, nurturing the small to accumulate the large, so I guess in the end, everything will be fine, and this is all a part of the process to grow as an individual. and in retrospect, I could have told myself that and known it was true, but I guess sometimes it helps to hear it from someone else.

9. The Image

The wind drives across heaven:
The image of Taming power of the small.
Thus the superior man
Refines the outward aspect of his nature.

26. The Image

Heaven within the mountain:
The image of the taming power of the great
Thus the superior man acquaints himself with many
sayings of antiquity
And many deeds of the past,
In order to strengthen his character thereby.

<3 I Ching. Seriously when I get answers like these I almost want to cry because it understands so well.
Wow, Rosada thanks for the idea to explore this. When I first read the post I didn't understand what you meant, so I didn't reply until you clarified in the other thread.

:bows:

mudpie

visitor
Reaction score
question: I THOUGHT I WAS HEALED BUT HERE WE GO AGAIN. WHY?

47. 4 to 29

what a perfect symbol for the mind that gets trapped inside its own limited thoughts. Sometimes old ways of thinking are a habit. the potential for freedom is there, but if you dont change the basic constructs of the thought patterns, you will only move ahead very slowly and with frustration.
The price of liberty is eternal vigilance

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
I tend to be overly enthusiastic, overly committing to new possibilities only to experience buyer's remorse as soon as the newness wears off. Whether it's a new friend or a new job, I promise we'll be Best Friends or I'll swear I'll be The Miracle Worker, and of course I end up feeling trapped but I stay on feeling guilty until ultimately I drop out, inevitably just when others have come to trust and depend on me.
I asked the I Ching what's going on here?

45.2.3.5 Gathering Together.
...It furthers one to undertake something.
...the superior man renews his weapons in order to meet the unforeseen.

This struck me as very comforting. Seems IC is giving me encouragement that it is right and appropriate to gather with others and to commit to projects, and that my problem is not unique, and that a smart person knows unforeseen events might change the feelings, and therefore to be prepared for feelings to change (d'oh!).

Letting oneself be drawn
Brings good fortune and is blameless.
If one is sincere,
It furthers one to bring even a small offering.

IC seems to be saying one should wait to be sought out, when one is wanted for one's true self it is not necessary to promise the Sun and Moon.

Gathering together amid sighs.
Nothing that would further.
Going is without blame.
Slight humiliation.

Again with the advice to wait to be sought out. At least, that's how Wilhelm interprets these lines. Curiously, although probably not intended to mean this, I see hex 45.3 also reads as if the IC is saying, "If gathering together seems to be a heavy thing, sighing and a feeling that nothing will come of further contact, well then, going is without blame" Even so, "Slight humiliation" in these circumstances is a fact of life.

So okay, when I meet a potential a friend or consider a new job, the IC seems to be saying, let myself be wooed, and don't pretend to be other than who I am, then if it doesn't work out, I can leave, and while parting may not be pleasant, it's not the end of the world.

But what about when my initial enthusiasm comes on so strong and I really really feel I have a calling to be here, even if the Other doesn't see themselves as even needing me?

If in the gathering together one has a position,
This brings no blame.
If there are some who are not yet sincerely in the work,
Sublime and enduring persistance is needed,
Then remorse disappears.

This says to me if I truly have a calling, my enthusiasm will not wane. I might have moments of doubt, but if I just keep doing the work I see needing to be done, eventually I'll be glad I did.

Last edited:

hollis

visitor
Reaction score
question: I THOUGHT I WAS HEALED BUT HERE WE GO AGAIN. WHY?

47. 4 to 29

what a perfect symbol for the mind that gets trapped inside its own limited thoughts. Sometimes old ways of thinking are a habit. the potential for freedom is there, but if you dont change the basic constructs of the thought patterns, you will only move ahead very slowly and with frustration.
The price of liberty is eternal vigilance

god i wish we may be healed. and never have to 'go there' again. eternal vigilance. may i be always awake to the open field. may listener be free and healed forever.

hollis

visitor
Reaction score
IC seems to be saying one should wait to be sought out, when one is wanted for one's true self it is not necessary to promise the Sun and Moon.

amen to that. just an inner nod may even bee all it is. and that little nod, is it. the whisper of the true one to the true another.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).