...life can be translucent

Menu

12 to 25 for Outcome of Literary Contest

AnitaS

visitor
Reaction score
Hello Fellow Seekers,

I recently submitted three entries to the Man Asian Literary Prize (Asian equivalent of the Booker Prize). A 100,000 word novel - Here Be Dragons (which was the last one I submitted on March 31, deadline date), a collection of novellas, and a funny fantasy novel. It will be so wonderful to win! I asked the Yi whether I'd win and I had hexagram 12, line 1 changing to hex. 25.

It seems to me that the yi is saying that if I follow my heart/write from the heart of things beneficial to others, I will succeed. Here Be Dragons is about the transformation of a wild woman into a serious spiritual practitioner - a memoir really!

Any suggestions?

J

jesed

Hi circe

Could you give me the date when you casted the hexagram? (year, Month, Day and Hour in your local time)

Best wishes

AnitaS

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Jesed,

Thank you so much for offering to help me out with this. I asked the question on March 31st, 2007. I think it must have been in the night. I live in Bangalore, India.

Best for your Quest

Anita

AnitaS

visitor
Reaction score
oh yes, it was a Sunday. Sorry, I don't exactly recall the hour. Could have even been in the afternoon.

Thanks
Anita

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
"I asked the Yi whether I'd win and I had hexagram 12, line 1 changing to hex. 25. "

Hex 12.1 this line says that it would be best for you to forget about winning and retire gracefully so as not to humiliate yourself.

Hex 25 this hex is about innocence and it suggests that you are no longer innocent in thought and deed because you are striving/wanting to win the literary prize and in doing so you are bound to know only misfortune.

Well, this is not a winning answer.

L

lightofreason

"I asked the Yi whether I'd win and I had hexagram 12, line 1 changing to hex. 25. "

Hex 12.1 this line says that it would be best for you to forget about winning and retire gracefully so as not to humiliate yourself.

Hex 25 this hex is about innocence and it suggests that you are no longer innocent in thought and deed because you are striving/wanting to win the literary prize and in doing so you are bound to know only misfortune.

Well, this is not a winning answer.

more rubbish.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
more rubbish.

If you disagree with what I have said, then have the good manners to offer a better interpretation not just say "more rubbish". Ignorant peon!

I presume from your stupid comment that you believe that she will "win" the literary prize?

Well, next time, instead of saying "more rubbish", say exactly what you "think" the right answer to be!

L

lightofreason

If you disagree with what I have said, then have the good manners to offer a better interpretation not just say "more rubbish". Ignorant peon!

I presume from your stupid comment that you believe that she will "win" the literary prize?

Well, next time, instead of saying "more rubbish", say exactly what you "think" the right answer to be!

My comment has nothing to do with the question etc - it had to do with your interpretation of what 12.1 and 25 was about. Your interpretation is 'wrong', too XOR at the particular level, but then a lot of your stuff is like that and as such misleading to those asking questions and so you are misleading overall - which is unfortunate for 'newbies' in that, in the realm of divination questions you dominate replies but your material lacks sincerity and often these people will take anything to get them over their issues so I see you exploiting that for your benefit, not for their benefit.

Thus my other comment was on your interpretation of what 56 is about. It is all as if you have memorised Wilhelm and then imposes a distortion of that on all questions without consideration of context, as if the questioner is a passive, non-involved, has no choices, sort of being - IOW powerless to instigate change. Now that may be YOUR situation, you have surrendered yourself to a distorted form of the IC since you are powerless, and so you try to impose it on all others but the problem is that there is no empirical evidence to show you are 'right'.

I usually dont get involved in these threads since I disagree with the favoured methodology but I will sometimes comment on the universal meaning of some hexagram or pair of where such a comment on the universal may aid in understanding the hexagram as a hexagram and not necessarily as 'the' hexagram for their question.

I will also 'comment' when an interpretation is weak (as yours often are) or too 'left field' ;-) -- and suggest the use of the Emotional I Ching as well, when I sense an emotional issue at hand where taking YOUR interpretations could cause un-needed problems.

I realise you seem to use the forum for self-medication and try to share that with others but there are times when the medication is obviously, unfortunately, poisonous.... as can be your prose, example above and in the other post, in showing the poison within.

Chris.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
My comment has nothing to do with the question etc - it had to do with your interpretation of what 12.1 and 25 was about. Your interpretation is 'wrong',

but the problem is that there is no empirical evidence to show you are 'right'.

I usually dont get involved in these threads since I disagree with the favoured methodology

when I sense an emotional issue at hand where taking YOUR interpretations could cause un-needed problems.

I realise you seem to use the forum for self-medication and try to share that with others but there are times when the medication is obviously, unfortunately, poisonous.... as can be your prose, example above and in the other post, in showing the poison within.

Chris.

If your stupid comment has nothing to do with my interpretation of 12.1 > 25 then why call it "rubbish" and "wrong"?

There is no empirical evidence to say that the drivel you talk about in your posts is correct either!

As for your not getting involved in this forum, well, that's a lie, you are all over this forum like a case of the pox!

What unneeded problems do I cause? When I interpret the hex and it says that she won't win is that wrong? People like you seem to be afraid of the truth, fate is fate, and you are full of **** and from what I can see of your future, you will always be.

Self medication? I take an aspirin when I have a headache!

Poisonous? It is you who is the poisonous toad around here!

Why don't you offer an interpretation to the querants instead of waffling on and on and on about your stupid XOR which nobody seems to understand especially the newbies. You do more harm by absolutely confusing people with your continued preaching of nonsense.

So, why don't you take your sorry ass back to your outdoor toilet and stay there!

LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RindaR

visitor
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Chris,

Attacking WF's interpretations is, IMO fair game, but attacking her person is not.

Please limit your comments to her interpretations, you are both valuable here and we need you both to keep your kewl in this way in order to keep things from degenerating into a flame war, which might later prove to be an embarrassment to the whole community. Please see my post in the other thread in which you two have seemed to cross swords.

Rinda

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Thank you Rinda. :bows:

Place to debate individual interpretations: here.
Place to debate methods and philosophies for interpretation: here.
Place to open threads entitled 'everything that's wrong with x's personality' - if you really have an unquenchable thirst for public fights: here.

J

jesed

I asked the Yi whether I'd win and I had hexagram 12, line 1 changing to hex. 25

Hi circe

Just in case some of my rubbish (Chris' dixit) can be useful

When the question is more a prediction kind of question, I rather use mathematical method than text based method.

DAY: Rat
MONTH: Rabbit
SUBJECT LINE: Circe
OBJECT LINE: Aspect Father (writings)
KEY ELEMENT: Aspect Money (To win a prize; unless your main interest in asking wasn't to win or the economic reward, but the fame or recognition)
ANSWER: 12>25

1.- Subject Line and Key element in line 3, Rabbit. Combines with Object Line (Implies that the writings are closed to your heart). Same than the month, and produced by the day. . It means the chances you win are very good.

2.- Object Line in line 6, Dog. Combines with the Month and Healthy by the day. It means the writings have good qualities.

3.- Effect of the Month (long term). Produces fire (aspect Husband, meaning status and fame), destroys earth (aspect Father). Combines with Dog (object line). It means there are good chances for you to reach some status by your writings in the long term.

4.- Effect of the Day (short term). Produces wood (Subject Line and Key Element), destroys fire (aspect Husband, fame). Clashes against Horse; because Horse is produced by the month, the clash makes that line would be active. It means hinderance in the short termn to reach recognition, even if you had good fortune.

5.- Active Lines
Line 1. Sheep. Moves to produce metal (aspect Brother, competitors), and against water (aspect Kids, good fortune). Combines with Horse. The resultant element is Rat (aspect Kids, good fortune), wich produces wood (Subject Line and Key Element)
Line 4. Horse. Combines with Sheep, reinforcing it's movement.

6.- Hex 12 is Total combination. It means good fortune; and when the question is yes/no question, it means YES.

7.- Hex 25 is Total Clash. It means the fall of a proyect; and when the question os yes/no, it means NO.

INTERPRETATION. Very tricky answer. From Total Combination to Total Clash.. from good to bad; from yes to no. You are in a good season; and the writings have high quality. Even so, there would be a strong movement to favor another competitor.
From this answer, sems like it still is in the air the final outcome; unless your main interest in asking wasn't to win or the economical reward but the recognition or fame. In that case, since the fame is affected in the short term, you wouldn't gain the contest, but achieve recognition later.

As you can se, since I'm not able to interpret if you would or wouldn't win, this comment of mine is more rubbish than usual; but that was the honest thing to say: "tricky answer".

Best wishes

Last edited:

AnitaS

visitor
Reaction score
Well, well, well,

hile I'd like to thank Willowfox for the interpretation, I must say I'm rather appalled by the ensuing row. Chris, I' d love to know what YOU think the right interpretation is And Jesed, much thanks to you my friend. It is true that this book is close to my heart. It's autobiographical and deals with the effects of my mother's rejection of me. It's called Here Be Dragons. She was the dragon with breath of flame, reaching me even when she was no longer around. It ends with the cloud dragons in the skies over a temple in Japan. It is really about my transformation from wild woman to a spiritually driven woman. Eventual success - that is good news. It's the recognition I seek, although money is always welcome!

Best for your Quest
Anita

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
so did you win the competition? I only ask as I got this same reading today and was looking around to get a better idea of interpretation. :bows:

Last edited:
G

goddessliss

ching ching wanting to send u a pm but cannot get through?? xx

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Meanwhile, looking through archives at the prize website, I can't find her (real) name :( . So unless she has a pen name I don't know, no luck.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
She is Anita of the old days...she used to call herself something else...and put her photo up and tell us all about her publications and so on so I think it would be easy to find her if persistent. She was the one who was at the temple in India and had a 'sensai' ...well everyone probably knows its her cos she always sign 'best for your quest'

I thought her name was Anita Desai but i think thats another authors name...anyway if you look under her pen name prior to her being Circe I think she should be easy to track as she was always linking to her stories...and a radio 4 programme with her story on i think

or just check out her threads following this one where she may have mentioned it.

I have the feeling I read somewhere that she didn't get the prize

Last edited:

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
I followed that link, and subsequent others ...she's an interesting lady. She won a prize for her copywriting in 1993 though. ha, how bout that.

my question was about a career change, the line uprooting leading to unentangled I found interesting, a nice couple. Following that link trojan I feel like have pulled up the thatched grass , the roots are tangled. Circe was the title of her first novel.

well.... anita if your are reading this, it was interesting google-ing you!
:bows:

AnitaS

visitor
Reaction score
Well Hello!

No I certainly did not win. And thanks for checking out my stuff! I have just got a contract for my new novella 'The Choosing' from Solstice Publishing. A sort of female Pilgrim's Progress.

Best!

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks circe,

I got these hexes asking how I could change my career path. hmmmm.

Anyway congrats on the contract!

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Well Hello!

No I certainly did not win. And thanks for checking out my stuff! I have just got a contract for my new novella 'The Choosing' from Solstice Publishing. A sort of female Pilgrim's Progress.

Best!

Thanks for dropping in - and congratulations on the contract!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).