...life can be translucent

Menu

50 -> 32

avaze

visitor
Reaction score
i have taken a decision and there is much delay. so i asked iching if i shall still go ahead with my decision or reconsider it?

it gave me 50 as first hex and 32 as the final. and 6th line changing.

heylise

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Go on!

I took as obvious that you still agree with the decision itself. If that is not so, then this does not apply of course. 32 has to do with going your own direction, the one your heart tells you to follow. So that is a very steady course, hearts don't change all the time. If 'you' feel your decision was good, then I think 50.6 means Yi agrees with sticking to it.

In the YiLin this change warns of the danger of letting things seep in. When water enters the charcoal room under the Ding (Ding is leaking maybe) then the food will not be cooked well. So you will have to take care not to let anything be troubled by doubts. Try to make your choice of going on or letting go a very clear one, based on clear facts.

LiSe

ewald

visitor
Reaction score
LiSe, in my text it's not water that enters the charcoal room, it's cold (or ice perhaps).

Yilin 50-32
Deceptive talk explains words.
Companions give each other bad fortune.
Cold enters the charcoal room.
Extinguishing and destroying, not putting to rest.
I personally feel that this has nothing in common with 50.6, which surprises me. 50.6 is one of the most fortunous lines in the Yijing, definitely an encouragement to go on, while the Yilin talks about bad fortune and a totally different situation.

B

bruce_g

I received this same sequence not very long ago, about a matter of great personal importance. Though I'm familiar enough with each of the elements (hex. and line), applying the whole reading to my situation required not acting on caprice, as I felt an obligation to act from the correct position of line 6. This took a little time and a lot of thought. I acted on it, and now waiting the outcome. I'm glad I acted on it, even before knowing the outcome. I trust it came from the right place in me and I wouldn't have really been myself if I had not acted. If I had not acted, the soup would have boiled over or burned. But before acting I had to first "cool my jets", control the fire, and steady my mind and heart.

There's a refinement process goin' on (50), and line 6 requires that it be handled with great care. 32 calls you to be true to yourself. Give it a little time and some earnest thought, then decide. It is your call to make, not the Yi's or anyone else's.

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
i have taken a decision and there is much delay. so i asked iching if i shall still go ahead with my decision or reconsider it?

I like this quote for the path from 50.6 to 32:

Say nothing, froth not, do not raise the lid of the cauldron;
Simmer well, and be patient, for I am cooking you. —Rumi

The counsel may be to simmer down and be patient.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score

Hex 50.6 says your decision should meet with success.

Hex 32 persevere, to carry on, to keep going, success.

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I received this same sequence not very long ago, about a matter of great personal importance. Though I'm familiar enough with each of the elements (hex. and line), applying the whole reading to my situation required not acting on caprice, as I felt an obligation to act from the correct position of line 6. This took a little time and a lot of thought. I acted on it, and now waiting the outcome. I'm glad I acted on it, even before knowing the outcome. I trust it came from the right place in me and I wouldn't have really been myself if I had not acted. If I had not acted, the soup would have boiled over or burned. But before acting I had to first "cool my jets", control the fire, and steady my mind and heart.

There's a refinement process goin' on (50), and line 6 requires that it be handled with great care. 32 calls you to be true to yourself. Give it a little time and some earnest thought, then decide. It is your call to make, not the Yi's or anyone else's.

This is exactly my experience with this line too. It's quite a positive one for sure but as Bruce says, it does require some fine tuning and a sense of timing. All the ingredients are there but the heat needs to be adjusted by patience and observing the signs. This is part of the natural culmination of that refining. Then, all at once, there can be some real creative action.

topal

heylise

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Ewald, you're right about the ice. Looked in the big 'real' YiLin book. For this line I still had the text I found somewhere else.

LiSe

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).