...life can be translucent

Menu

esolo

visitor
Reaction score
I have another one now. What's 25.4 about? Is it about someone who wants to do what's right in order to remain free of blame? It looks that way to me but in 42.4 it looks like it might be a bit self-serving.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
I have another one now. What's 25.4 about? Is it about someone who wants to do what's right in order to remain free of blame? It looks that way to me but in 42.4 it looks like it might be a bit self-serving.

If you feel in your heart/mind that you have made a good decision then stick with it, and take no notice of the naysayers. So, it is about being true to oneself, believing in oneself.

I do not consider any extension of line 25.4 to be valid, so getting line 42.4 has no basis in reality, if one were to carry on in such a way then every hex and every line would somehow relate to each other.
Perhaps this is the string theory (strings attached)that "dobro" wanted to explore on 29.4?

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score

I don't see it as doing what you think is right in order to remain free of blame. I see it as doing what you think is right, and you're free of blame in doing so. You don't do one in order to arrive at the arrive. You just do one, and the other one happens at the same time.

This is all in the context of spontaneity and intuition of course, and staying free of certain entanglements, especially those of a self-controlling type. So staying free of blame is in tune with the time in a big way right now. And being in tune with the time is an important state to be in, even though 'free of blame' doesn't sound very grand.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
According to Wilhelm, a yang line (solid) in a yin position (the forth place) is not correct, nor is it central, so it is not in a strong position. However, as it is the lowest line of the upper trigram Chien, it is able to preserve the firmness belonging to the Creative. By this means it remains free of the blame otherwise to be feared.

The lines leading up to 25.4 suggest to me we're on a downward spiral by the time we reach this point. That is, being in a state of innocence worked out fine in lines 25.1 and 25.2, but by 25.3 bad things are happening to good people so 25.4 seems to be advice on how to behave after the misfortune, that is, how to avoid the common problem of being blamed for being the victim - and the IC says just get up and keep moving.

Last edited:
L

lightofreason

IC+ 25.4

Line 4
"One uses the principles of non-involvement to survive possibly testing times. No harm."

Line position 4 is ruled by hexagram 16 with its focus on foresight/planning etc and so concerns with what is to come. For the XOR perspective that 16-ness is expressed in 25 by characteristics associated with 42 where the issues cover augmentation, a shift of level and how to deal with that. Since 25 covers assertion of one's point of view there is a sense here of 'shifting up' a level with that assertion - we use forsight/planning (enthusiastically) in the form of this shift up. The warning is this could be a bad idea - and so better to sit things out from one's current position where such an action will not cause issues over the long run.

Chris.

cassius_clay

visitor
Reaction score
Hexagram 25, line 4

"God has designed Man's life in such a manner that we cannot loose what truly belongs to us. We must therefore maintain peace and joy, our true nature, when we seem to have suffered a loss. All worldly possessions are transitory anyway."

B

butterfly spider

Buying very old camper - it feels
Right somehow although it might fall to bits. Exciting ...
Going somewhere or no where it doesn't matter possibilities ...

canislulu

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
How is the old camper doing, Butterfly?

drSurya

visitor
Reaction score
In my experience, the 25.4 is a reminder of what my "true nature" is. Sometimes I need that reminder because my environment suggests something against my nature. Sometimes I crave for something that is not really, fully according with my inner being. This is an advice to stick to the inner nature, rather than to pressures from the outside or ego or my own base cravings.

grace heart

visitor
Reaction score
In my experience, the 25.4 is a reminder of what my "true nature" is. Sometimes I need that reminder because my environment suggests something against my nature. Sometimes I crave for something that is not really, fully according with my inner being. This is an advice to stick to the inner nature, rather than to pressures from the outside or ego or my own base cravings.

So very true.
Been off cigarettes for a few months, then got caught up in drama and smoked again today. Stopped on a park bench on the way home and asked Yi, WTF??
25.4>42

Time to give the rest of the pack to my neighbour, Phylis, who’s about 110, fit as a fiddle, smokes like a chimney - and ain’t me.

EmMacha

visitor
Reaction score
Got this line today, on the birthday / anniversary of my Spirit Daughter, Rainbow, who arrived today 17 years ago, at 22 weeks gestation
She did bring many gifts in there brief touch of spirit light she brought to our lives, but I am often shaky, raw and emotional on this day

I got this line after a few other casts, including 6uc; deciding to focus on self-care & a gentle day (clean my room & change my sheets, have a bath & facial), rather than running around tackling the various paperwork/official situations I've been attempting to deal with lately, or going onto Twitter to read more about the awful attacks on women's health in the US, or joining the protests against new National Maternity Hospital here in Ireland being sneakily put under Vatican control of an order of nuns who ran Magdalene Laundrys & Mother & Baby homes.
These issues are extremely triggering on my spirit daughter's anniversary, as, if I hadn't delivered a few days after my waters burst, I could have caught sepsis & died (due to anti-abortion laws, now repealed), as did women like Savita Halappanavar, who died a few years later in the same hospital, because they wouldn't terminate a 19wk miscarraige, even though her waters were gone and she was running a fever, because the foetus had a 'heartbeat'.

But there I was this morning, dressed and trying to go out and do a bunch of things, or go online, into all these issues; so this cast 25.4 is affirming that focusing on self care & remaining 'free of blame' ie free from entanglement, from discord, or from making mistakes, is the right thing today.
The last thing I need is conflict on a day like today!

In a way, is 'blame' consequence? i.e. you reach out intentionally into the world to create a desired effect (send email, post form, write soc media post, contact people), to try to achieve something, whereas, with hexagram 25, you move without intention to cause effect, so you are free of 'entanglement ', consequence, or 'karma'?
ie you are not responsible, answerable in thus movement, but are as innocent as the wind, or the flowing water?

Feeling weak, but strong in this decision, I feel exactly as Rosada describes the lines below

According to Wilhelm, a yang line (solid) in a yin position (the forth place) is not correct, nor is it central, so it is not in a strong position. However, as it is the lowest line of the upper trigram Chien, it is able to preserve the firmness belonging to the Creative. By this means it remains free of the blame otherwise to be feared.
Staying with the 'firmness' of innocence, or in the moment, in the inner emotions, the light of my own heart today, yes it's not perfect, or big realisations or power moves, just self-care, quiet, reflection time, yes this is 25.4 to me today

Innocence. Eminent - expansion
Harvest - divination
. An incorrect attitude brings disaster through shortsightedness. No ground for fruitfulness.

The great image says: Below Heaven rolls Thunder, beings associate in innocence.​
www.yijing.nl

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).