...life can be translucent

Menu

help please...hexagram 58 lines 2 and 5 becoming 51

sparkler

visitor
Reaction score
please help...asked I Ching why partner was being so unpleasant to me...got a very confusing answer...hexagram 58 lines 2 and 5 becoming hexagram 1...can anyone help please? Thanks sparkler:)

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
"asked I Ching why partner was being so unpleasant to me...got a very confusing answer...hexagram 58 lines 2 and 5 becoming hexagram 51"

Hex 58.2 says that he has joined up with some kind of riff raff who are definitely leading him astray, probably too much alcohol and other pleasures on offer.

Hex 58.5 again says that he is mixing with the wrong crowd when he is not with you, and they certainly know how to influence him, probably telling him not to be tied down by you, and that he is a free man to do as he pleases.

Hex 51 says the man is in for a big surprise that will hopefully shake his shocks, perhaps he will finally realize that he is mixing with idiots and being way to harsh on you.
So, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Alternatively it may be referring to you. If hes been unpleasant to you and if this is the same person you have asked about frequently here then I think 58,5 says you are continuing to put faith in something that is not viable. He may be trying to create an argument in order to get you to finish it, or because he wants to finish it but doesn't want to say so. Maybe you should take a long term retrospective look at this relationship and make a decision. If not you may be faced with the shock of him ending it because you haven't read the signs and have continued to put faith in him. I've just read a book called 'Hes just not that into you' its very amusing but also I think is pretty handy at helping you figure out if you are making excuses for a relationship that really is going nowhere.

sparkler

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks willowfox and trojan for both your interpretations on this answer...phew...now i need to think...which interpretation rings most true...I tend to favour willowfoxs' although i may be a little biased.Although either could apply really. What does anyone else think? Thanks sparkler:)

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Perhaps the two readings are not mutually exclusive, sparkler. Your friend could indeed be hanging out with folks who do not support your partnership, but maybe you should ask yourself why? The images of 58 and 51 say alot:

If it is true that..
58. The superior man joins with his friends for discussion and practice..

And he's not choosing you to be among those friends then...
51. Set your life in order and examine yourself.

btw, although I am inclined to interpret this reading as Trojan did, I don't see it as necessarily having long term ramifications. I mean, you asked, "Why was he being unpleasant?" and I think the I Ching mirrored back the situation, "You preceived him as being unpleasant cause you wanted him to want to be with you, but he had other friends/things he wanted to put his attention on." This doesn't necessarily mean this is
the whole story of your friendship, could be just feedback on why he didn't want to be close in this instance.

Last edited:

sparkler

visitor
Reaction score
thanks rosada...what about line 5 of 58 that talks of "disintegrating influences"...how would anyone else interpret that in relation to my question...could that be the friends he is associating with?

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
please help...asked I Ching why partner was being so unpleasant to me...got a very confusing answer...hexagram 58 lines 2 and 5 becoming hexagram 1...can anyone help please? Thanks sparkler:)

A few thoughts as they come.

Going on my own experiences of 58 it seems to place emphasis on being natural and being true to yourself. How can we find true joy when we have little of our own sense of self or energy to draw from? It's about honesty and communication and the establishing of correct foundations in our relations with ourselves and others. That demands self-reflection.

Sometimes when we are in relationships the imbalance and lack of harmony can get to the point where one or both of you begin to see the cracks and paper them over without really addressing them. Or, or both of you can sit down and really talk over how you feel. If you can't do that then this is obviously not good.

Here, I have no idea what the long-term future is between you, but line 2 seems to say as long as the comunication lines are open and there's sincerity between you all will go well. If not, then it won't. So, I suppose that's the first thing to establish in a way that you will figure out.

Line 5 could well be about your partner but it could also be commenting directly on the relationship itself. If trust, sincerity and TRUE communication is lacking so will the harmony and it is now that everything should be discussed calmly and reasonably.

The shock maybe illustrating your partner's reaction to the situation or it may well be describing what happens when things are laid out in the open i.e. how you both cope with the resulting changes. Either way, coming out into the open with your feelings could be the way forward, even if that results in a shock.

topal

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).