...life can be translucent

Menu

I Ching: Estructura y Fórmula de los Trigramas

Sparhawk

One of those men your mother warned you about...
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Behold! My Yijing Master and friend: Cat-Yi

cat-yi.jpg

I really wish that book he's resting on (I Ching: Estructura y Fórmula de los Trigramas; by J.C. Fernández, ISBN 84-85805-35-6) had a version in English. Alas, it is only in Spanish and it is near impossible to find extant copies. The whole book is dedicated to discussing trigrams and their structure and interactions. There are diagrams there that I've not seen in any other work in English, or even in Chinese. All diagrams are drawn by hand (see sample below). I purchased the book just recently and I'm reading it. Aside for the quasi-religious connections he makes, it is a very interesting reading and has some original ideas.

Rodrigo (Jesed), do you have a copy of this book? I'd like to know your opinion about it, if you do.

estructuratrigrams2.gif

estructuratrigrams1.gif

Luis

martin

(deceased)
Reaction score
Oh, I think I could read that book in Spanish.
It's about structural similarities between trigrams and formula one racing cars, right? :cool:

Sparhawk

Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
It's about structural similarities between trigrams and formula one racing cars, right? :cool:

Exactly!! Emerson Fittipaldi is mentioned several times in the book... :rofl:

L

Sparhawk

Clarity Supporter
Reaction score

:D Actually, this may be the only cat that likes to have its tail gently pulled... Kind of chiropractic for him (the whole spine cracks and he's happy afterwards--he's almost 15 YO...) Stepping on its tail is a 'no-no', though. My wife still bears the scars on her ankle after one such incident, some 13 years ago... :D

L

Sparhawk

Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
silent.jpg

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Ah what a fine and beautiful cat - and to think, not only beautiful but reads books in Spanish on the structural similarities between trigrams and formula one racing cars in his spare time !

Sparhawk

Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Ah what a fine and beautiful cat - and to think, not only beautiful but reads books in Spanish on the structural similarities between trigrams and formula one racing cars in his spare time !

Yes, Cat-Yi is fully trilingual: English, Spanish and Chinese. Furthermore, not only his Chinese is far better than mine, he makes me doubt my Spanish... :D

Luis

J

jesed

Hi Luis

Yes, this is a very interesting but most-un-known author (J.C. Fernandez).

For those who can read in spanish, his work is being published in the Blog compendiu d' iching
http://iching-ichingyafines.blogspot.com/

There, in the section "otro material" (other material) you can see 6 pdf files with Fernandez's take on structure of the Yi (including 4 pdf from the book you talk about here on trigrams); and in the section of "los 64 hexagramas" (the 64 hexagrams), everytime is not mention another author, the text if from Fernandez.

It is worthly work in my opinion...

Best wishes

Last edited:
J

jesed

pd- BTW... Cat-yi seems to be twin of Salima (my cat)... funny. Maybe they can organize together for us a catzhouyi semminar soon (1)

(1) catzhouyi is the short reference to an ancient and hermetic text: the authentic lessons we cats teach to King Wen in order he can rule over Shang dinasty :rofl:

Sparhawk

Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hola Rodrigo,

Gracias por responder. Yes, I had those links. I think "Afines" is doing a great job with his compilation of Yi materials in Spanish. There is a lot of material in Spanish out there that most people don't know about and once in a while you find authors, like J.C. Fernandez, that are very good but remain mostly unknown. I wonder where he is... He does mention in this book that it is only the first part of a series of books but, alas, only this one was ever published (back in 1988).

Best,

Luis

Sparhawk

Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
pd- BTW... Cat-yi seems to be twin of Salima (my cat)... funny. Maybe they can organize together for us a catzhouyi semminar soon (1)

(1) catzhouyi is the short reference to an ancient and hermetic text: the authentic lessons we cats teach to King Wen in order he can rule over Shang dinasty :rofl:

:rofl: Good one! Knowing my fat cat--er, sorry Master Cat-Yi...-- he will demand a king's ransom in tasty food and a clean litter box every morning, plus 1%fat Milk and bottled water... :D

L

Sparhawk

Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Gracias Chema! (porque sos Chema, verdad?) :D

It is great to see those files posted here.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).