...life can be translucent

Menu

Casting, IC Online

laylab

visitor
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am wondering about everyone's opinions of casting IC online. How accurate do you think it is? Best methods? Has anyone used AOL's I ching? Is there really a good online IC program out there?

getojack

visitor
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am wondering about everyone's opinions of casting IC online. How accurate do you think it is? Best methods? Has anyone used AOL's I ching? Is there really a good online IC program out there?

I mistrust all computer-based I Ching programs, and I would never trust AO-Hell with my future... :eek: I used to have a really simple I Ching program on my old cellphone that was amazingly accurate though.

Sunfit

visitor
Reaction score
Hi.

I read somewhere here from Hillary herself that it does not matter,that you can also read I-Ching online and accurately.
If you FOCUS on your question you get your answer.
I have done online I-ching readings and ALL have been dead on accurate,tarot readings too.
Online,offline it doesnt matter.
Works for me!

Deb

getojack

visitor
Reaction score
Well, maybe it's me, then. If you can calmly focus on a question while staring at a computer screen, then it's probably fine. I can't seem to do that, though.

Sparhawk

One of those men your mother warned you about...
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Personally, I take a dim view of consulting the Yijing online. IMO, nothing substitutes a hands-on approach...

L

Sunfit

visitor
Reaction score
Its not hard for me at all to "connect" online.

I focus,visualize and I feel.(intuition) I know when its right to ask.

Im certainly not lazy to toss a few coins,I dont happen to have an I-Ching right now so I did a few online readings.

Like Hillary said,It dont matter,my goodness the force is "everywhere".

I hope she chimes in here because I dont remember where she said that.
It was not on the forum I dont think,it was on her front page on her site I THINK,about doing readings for people?
Not sure.

I have also donetarot readings online and they were 100% accurate so I dont need any convincing and Im not trying to "convince" others either.
I shuffled them online,(a real visual tool) focused on my question and got it.
It was confirmed both by certain people that it was dead on (and I knew it was)and the events that happened that said would happen.

I have owned tarot cards but no I-Ching. Im very NEW to the I-Ching,so like I said I consulted it online.I just dont happen to own the I-Ching at the moment.

I guess you just do what you "feel" feels right.
If it dont FEEL RIGHT for you it dont feel right thats fine.
Everyone is different.
I dont find staring at a computor screen COLD and impersonal at all.
My MIND and thoughts and feelings are into what I am asking.
It dont matter to me if I am consulting with with it offline or online,'My' feelings and focus are there.
Thats just me.

To each their own.:)

Deb

Sunfit

visitor
Reaction score
By the way Hillary herself has "Online" I-Ching readings here on her site so I guess she does not find it useless.

But again like I said if it dont feel right,if you need the hands on approach fair enough but others do consult online and accurately.

Anyay...its a great forum!

I gotta go.

Deb

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Personally, I take a dim view of consulting the Yijing online. IMO, nothing substitutes a hands-on approach...
L

I think it's largely an aesthetic preference that I tend to avoid online stuff too. Ewald's is great though I tend to use his for a quick reading of the basics rather than an actual consultation. Chris Lofting's emotional I Ching has also been extremely accurate for me, but I generally stay with my old IC book 99% of the time then cross reference with other translations.

There's something about having the coins and the book in your hands that for me is very important. Then again, perhaps the principle of divination operates through matter in an infinite number of ways. The intent is always the defining factor imo, where it defines the quality of the reading. The "link" or feedback with the unconscious /collective unconscious and neurological factors etc. may be determined by this - or at least a big factor. But it's a personal preference which may not have anything to do with the actual results.

Topal

Sparhawk

One of those men your mother warned you about...
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
The "link" or feedback with the unconscious /collective unconscious and neurological factors etc. may be determined by this - or at least a big factor. But it's a personal preference which may not have anything to do with the actual results.

Topal

On a practical level, I am of the opinion that synchronicity is one of those things that are highly subjective. Synchronicity is "found" by the subject, not stumbled upon. It is the subject that makes the subtle connections necessary to appreciate synchronicity. (Have I written "synchronicity" enough times in one paragraph? hmmm) Be it as it is, the subject will find connections under a rock if so bound and inclined. Thus, any subject that likes to use online versions of the Yijing, will find synchronicity (last one! :D) and feel the answers are accurate. But the subject is already predisposed.

There was a discussion the other day where someone (I can't remember who) questioned the accuracy of the Yijing in general because she found that, for her, it wasn't accurate at all. My first thought is that there is no worst blind or deaf person than those that refuse to see or hear. If one does not open the channels, nothing gets in...

As Topal mentions, perhaps it is a matter of aesthetics. I consider myself a little on the "purist" side regarding the Yijing. Also, I do not casually consult the Yijing for everything that crosses my mind. If I have a nagging problem or concern, it takes me weeks, sometimes, to come up with the right question to ask. Something that takes that long to formulate deserves all the attention that separating yarrow can take. After all that, I find answers very clear and synchronistic.

L

Sunfit

visitor
Reaction score
spelling error :)

I just thought of something else.

One could always say they prefer to go to a live psychic "in person" versus doing a reading on the phone or through e-mail etc..
When you are there in person eye to eye with the psychic literally touching the cards or I-Ching or whatever of course there is no substitute for that one on one contact!
I agree 100%.
BUT!
Thousands of readings ARE accurately told every day by phone (voice vibrations) Radio and tv.

There is one psychic here in my city,one of the top psychics in Canada,he has been reading for 25 years.
Anyway every Sunday night he has a LIVE call in tv show where you can call in and ask questions.
He is very accurate and has predicted many things that have come true.
He may not be sitting right in front of the person,he cant see them or touch them but he can still read them.
His guides are with him period.

I guess Im making a comparison to that.

I just did another online reading..still the same..same answers as three different types of readings from three different sites AND the same answers as a psychic friend of mine told me and the same answers of a few vivid dreams I had.
All the same,no contradictions.
If there were many contradictions well then of course I would highly question it.

My guides are with me,period. I know. Yes I can "tune in" on a computor.

Having said all that...I do think that I will go shopping sometime on the weekend for an I-Ching set! lol

That way I can just sit on my bed in comfort to read instead of having to boot up the computor and sit up in a chair.

As I am no expert on the I-Ching is there any particulat type of I-Ching you recommend?
I know tarot cards and different decks but not the I-Ching.
Is one any easier to read than another?

Thanks.

Have a great night folks.

I really am learning a lot from this forum.

Deb

Last edited:

mudpie

visitor
Reaction score
Deb, you can always toss your own coins and then go to different sites and look at those texts. LiSe has a site , Bradford has a site, (see their profiles) there is also www.dreamhawk.com/iching.htm
in book stores look for Karcher, Sorrell, Huang, Legge. On amazon, you might get Jack Balkin

Hilary's online I Ching works for me very well, btw

RindaR

visitor
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I use it almost exclusively.

Rinda

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I never use online I Ching, I neither like nor trust them. I prefer a sense of connection I get in casting coins.

getojack

visitor
Reaction score
OK, as an experiment, I just used ewald's online I Ching. The question was "Is there any difference between online casting of hexagrams and traditional casting of hexagrams." I got...

1.2 > 13

1. Sunrise
Line 2:
Seeing a dragon in the field.
It is beneficial to see a senior person.

There is potential (an idea or inspiration) that is becoming manifest, coming to realization. Some form of guidance will be beneficial, like the help of an advisor or mentor, or information from a book.
(The dragon in the field is like the sun that has just come up.)

Nice. So what do all you senior people think?

hollis

visitor
Reaction score
Hey! What do you guys say to this! IC online oracle is so TO THE MINUTE minute
hand casting coins deeper issues
yarrow even more so

cuz when i do online oracles they go to the micro second not alwasy the soul level!

Just now for instance I did one on Clarity online throw, and it was 58 to 34
was like 'hunh??' to my question
but a thought or two later
realized it was NOT about the question I mustered in my hazy just
woke up IC first thing in the morning habit
but about STOP being so LAZY

that was how I broke it down.

Online for me, now that I think about it, is micro minute.
hand casting longer lasting.:)

mudpie

visitor
Reaction score
Have to admit I think it is true, Hollis. I would never use an online cast if I was asking about a Life Destiny

getojacks question too openended...i asked about pc generated response: 34.3 >54

hand tosses: 48.4.5 > 32

I used hilary's online I CHING for those :)

stevev

visitor
Reaction score
If you really want ...

deep online synchronicity, write your own program, it isnt hard and you might find it helps de-mystify some inline hogwash ;-)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).