...life can be translucent

Menu

Help, finding an apartment 17.15.6-35

Grandma

visitor
Reaction score
Hi, I am in need of help with my situation. I don't know what to do anymore.
I am trying to move from the expensive area I live in in NY state to a less expensive place in Pennsylvania. The problem is I get a housing certificate so I can only rent something within a certain price range and the bigger problem is the apartment needs to be wheelchair accessible which if anyone is not familiar with that problem is very difficult. A number of factors have to be in place in order for someone in a wheelchair to be able to live somewhere, such as getting in the front door, and having bed rooms on the first floor and most difficultly having a bathroom you can get into and utilize. Than you have to find a landlord that wants you as a tenant.
I found a wonderful place and it's in a safe area but the housing authority in Penn. won't let me rent it because it's a little over my income budget. The housing authority in NY called and tried to negotiate for me but she was told no, I couldn't rent it.
Should I call the people in Penn. myself and tell them how very difficult it is to find an accessible apartment within any price range and that I really need them to make an exception for me (they have the power to do this, if they want to) And that is the reading I got 17.1.5.6-35 I think it says I should call them. Can anyone please help me. It's the start of a long weekend here and I want to call them tomorrow or else I won;t be able till speak to them till Tuesday and I'm afraid the new landord will not want to wait.
Thanks.

peace66

visitor
Reaction score
Hello, Susan

The lines seem to be urging you to go for it!! Especially 6, which seems to indicate
that you're going to be an inspiration to others. All The Best!

Grandma

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you much Peace. It's been so hard for me to try to figure out what to do here. I didn't know if I should be passive or aggressive with the people in Penn. It's really hard to go up against a beaurocracy.
I never could figure out line 6. I always thought the sage was someone other than me in that line. Maybe I'll be an inspiration to my kids for fighting for this?
Thanks again.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Hex 17.1,5,6 > 35 says to go for it, phone them up and explain your problem, follow through on this one and you should be able to find someone who will be at least willing to listen to you. I would suspect that you will have to go into the matter more deeply, perhaps you may have to go for an interview so that you can explain the situation to someone who actually makes the decisions. But overall, the situation does say that you will actually make some progress with your request.
Therefore, after you have phoned the housing authority and the news is good, in that they will actually consider/do something, then you should phone your potential landlord and explain to him and ask him to hang on a bit longer.

Grandma

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks for reply Willowfox.
I did call them and the woman was sympathetic but I am still in beaurocratic quandry where they say they cannot do anything because of the numbers. She was going to speak to the woman in NY and call me back. I doubt I'll be able to rent this apartment.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Is there any way to cut throught the beaurocratic quandry by communicating with someone with much more authority in the situation than the person you spoke to ? You know bypass the normal channels and head for the person at the top so to speak and present your case. Whenever I've hit some illogical beaurocratic tangle and its important to me I've found its worth trying going to the top of the organisation or whatever rather than spend ages wrangling with people further down the line.

Well I don't know if thats feasible for you to do but to me it does sound like you have a strong case and with the reading you got I feel sooner or later someone is really going to hear and honour what you say - hex 35 speaks of an interview with the prince and honour with revenue.

I wouldn't give up just yet if I were you :) I wish you luck

Grandma

visitor
Reaction score
Hi topal,
well that is my understanding of the beaurocracy in general also, not to get a no from a low level person when you could get a yes from a higher up. I thought I was doing things correctly by letting the people in NY speak for me. But the woman Linda in Penn is assistant supervisor and I couldn't get past her today. But she was sympathetic and she called the Ny office and inspired (as Peace says) her to write the federal gov't for a increase. It still wouldn't be enough for this place. So the landlord would have to lower his rent (in exchange for a larger deposit that he could keep) but none of this can be done by June 1. So I don't think the landlord is going to hold it for me. I asked if I will move in July 1 and got 62.4-15. If the landlord will call me back 18.1.6-11.
So on the first reading I think I made some progress and someone was inspired to help me. Oh I did call an disability advocate and he is going to call them also. The issue to me does seem like a sort of discrimination that they are unwilling to acknowledge because it is so hard to find something within the parameters that I am confined to. Maybe the advocate will get to speak to a higher up? I'm not giving up just yet, but it's very depressing.
Thanks for the encouragement.

peace66

visitor
Reaction score
Hello, again Susan

I know this has nothing to do with your readings, Susan, but have you heard of
National Grants.? They're headquartered in Florida. They are a private company
that helps you cut through red tape and they help you get grants to own property.
Their fee is $1,300, but they will start working with you for 25% down and you work
out a payment schedule for the rest. Considering your situation, maybe they would
lower or waive their fee. You might like to have your advocate give them a call.
Their number is: 1-800-440-8775 and their site is: www.nationalgrants.com
I truly admire your courage and determination. You've certainly inspired me!!

Grandma

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Peace,
No I haven't heard about them, but I don't have the money for that now either, but will look into it for the future. Thanks. I don't know how I've inspired you, but thanks.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
"I asked if I will move in July 1 and got 62.4-15. If the landlord will call me back 18.1.6-11."

Hex 62.4 > 15 this says to hold off and don't try to force the issue, be quiet and wait patiently for something to happen, but the eventual outcome could well be possible for a move but I doubt very much that the date you have set, July 1st is the date that you will be moving.

Hex 18.1,6 > 11 I would think that he will most likely not bother to phone you, as he may be under the assumption that you are not interested in the apartment anymore, so I would suggest that you phone him to explain the situation, you are the potential renter, so it is basically down to you to tell him what is happening, it is not down to him to chase you.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
well that is my understanding of the beaurocracy in general also, not to get a no from a low level person when you could get a yes from a higher up. I thought I was doing things correctly by letting the people in NY speak for me. But the woman Linda in Penn is assistant supervisor and I couldn't get past her today. But she was sympathetic and she called the Ny office and inspired (as Peace says) her to write the federal gov't for a increase. It still wouldn't be enough for this place. So the landlord would have to lower his rent (in exchange for a larger deposit that he could keep) but none of this can be done by June 1. So I don't think the landlord is going to hold it for me. I asked if I will move in July 1 and got 62.4-15. If the landlord will call me back 18.1.6-11.
So on the first reading I think I made some progress and someone was inspired to help me. Oh I did call an disability advocate and he is going to call them also. The issue to me does seem like a sort of discrimination that they are unwilling to acknowledge because it is so hard to find something within the parameters that I am confined to. Maybe the advocate will get to speak to a higher up? I'm not giving up just yet, but it's very depressing.
Thanks for the encouragement.

Hmm the 62.4 -15 to me just encourages a balanced outlook - and to keep expectations very realistic. I can't read it as saying yes you will or will not move on July 1st but I do feel it indicates that somehow you will be in an okay position with this matter by then - sorry to be vague, maybe it will be held for you. I think theres work to be done, details to be sorted out that these require a steady effort on your part now. You've already been quite proactive and got the attention of certain people, now think this answer encourages you to continue at a steady pace to improve things - its like the ball is set rolling and a now its time to keep it rolling - who knows even if this particular place doesn't work out something else may turn up.

Re the landlord calling you back, there several ways to look at line 6. Wfox takes it I think that the landlords attitude will be that it is up to you to call him - that could well be so. Another way that i see it is simply this problem will be dealt with for you by others, those of whom you have elicited help. The transitional hexagram is 41,6 thats the stepping stone between the 2 and it mentions having many helpers. Hex 11 does look favourable to a smooth solution to this. It was a good idea to call the disability advocate I think.

I'm at a disadvantage because i'm not familiar with the way these things work re housing in the USA - don't understand the relationship between the landlord and the housing authority, so if some of the above sounds like nonsense thats why :D

Last edited:

Grandma

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks Willowfox and Trojan.
For WF, I called the landlord and left a message, but I will try him again.
Trojan, for the details to be sorted out, i guess I needed to know the parameters of what I could rent with their assistance. Well, I guess I just have to keep trying. I guess the advocate is good because I did feel like no one really understood (in Penn.) and by myself they weren't really responding well to my problem.
I asked about another place that I haven't seen and got 58.2-18. It has one bedroom in the basement- I said I don't want a bedroom in a basement 46.2.4-62. 62 says to stay low to stay out of danger. And this place is less expensive, maybe the other place is just too expensive.
Thanks, I guess I'll see what the advocate can accomplish.
For the rental assistance I get the housing authority has to approve the rent I'm paying and the condition of the place. The landlord doesn't really have anything to do with them except he just has to agree to be paid by them.

Grandma

visitor
Reaction score
Spoke to the landlord and he has someone else moving in there but it might only be for 3 months. He said to call him back in 6 weeks. I am very upset because he was so easy to deal with and instead I waited to hear from the Penn office if they would make an exception for me instead of just negotiating something with him that they would have accepted. I thought I was doing it correctly, I am so upset.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Dear Susan,
Are you familiar with Bach flower essences? You get them at the health food store. The one called Sweet Chestnut is for when you are feeling a situation is hopeless. Amazing how things turn around after you've taken a few drops. Water Violet is for connecting with the people of highest authority, like an advocate that can actually cut through the red tape for you.
In view of all that has happened I am re-reading your posts and trying to figure out what 17.1.5.6>35 could be pointing to since you didn't get the apartment you wanted now. Perhaps it means an advocate will take a personal interest in your situation and eventually there will be Progress.
58.2 > 18 could mean that in the context of 18, something that you feel is less than perfect, you actually are able to find 15.2 Sincere joyousness. Good fortune. {so much so that} Remorse disappears. So perhaps you should check out the basement apartment after all.

Best wishes,
Rosada

Grandma

visitor
Reaction score
Rosada, yes I've heard of Bach flower essences, I'll keep them in mind, right now too broke to buy them, even! But I do take iodine for these feelings, and today I have taken it yet because you are supposed to take a break from it every week or so.
I did hear some potential good news about something else 19.1.2-2 .

I will check out the basement apartment (only 1 room in basement) maybe it will be good
for the interim to cut my expenses?

Grandma

visitor
Reaction score
Update on this situation is that I finally got the original apartment that I asked about.
I actually started paying rent there from the 15th but am moving the end of the month.
So thanks for the help here and anyone who said the situation looked good for me was absolutely correct.

Rosiie

visitor
Reaction score
Just wanted to comment on this thread even though it's quite old now and to say what an impressive thread! From beginning to end, so nice to see a request for help play out so beautifully with three or more diviners picking it up with such attention to detail ando support and it coming to fruition following the first cast and the subsequent guidance with the querant responsive to the guidance. It's a group effort. It's a beautiful thing and I would have thought it's exemplary ? I love it!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).