...life can be translucent

Menu

53 and Ethics

B

bruce_g

I had an interesting connection with them today. Briefly, I sent a fishing rod to my son via UPS, which got totally botched up, I mean really pathetically handled. Eventually, the protective tube arrived to my son's work place - without the rod. Get the picture? 6 phone calls, 4 emails, and no answers which matched. I just hate it when companies don't deliver the goods.

Okay, so, finally I'm told my claim will be honored, up to my coverage amount, which was $100. The rod only cost $59.95, with another $20 to have it shipped to me. The next model up costs $99.95. You can see my temptation, can't you? Come on, don't say it's never happened to you :mischief:.

So, I asked Yi about it. I could easily rationalize claiming the full $100, given the huge hassle it became for me to resolve. Still, that "thing" inside, saying.. don't do it.. you know it's wrong. Yi's answer was 53.5-52. My claim is for $79.95.

This isn't to pat my back and say what a good boy am I. It's just a curious example of 53 and ethics. Never made that connection so clearly before. Can learn a lot from a goose.

B

bruce_g

hmm, they approved the claim, but for $89.95. How nice! $10, give or take, does gradual progress make.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).