...life can be translucent

Menu

Why did he do it? A perspective on 13 -> 55

parisopen

visitor
Reaction score
I asked why the person who murdered Kelsey Smith did it. And the answer was 13 to 55.

I think this reading, given time for the truth to come out, plus the third to last paragraph in Hilary's article about hexagram 13 (below) is a good opportunity for many of us to see more possibilities about answers from the I Ching.

"One final note. A member of the I Ching Community asked Yi before the US election how feasible it was for Kerry to win, and received 13 changing to 14. With hindsight, he doesn't quite know what to make of this answer, and neither do I. But I just wonder..."

cejudesc

visitor
Reaction score
One would ask: who was the focus in your mind when you tossed the coins? Kelsey or her murderer?

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
It would seem that the man had been watching her for sometime, it is possible that this person has in the past tried to form a relationship with her but she turned him down, so he had it fixed in his mind to get to her one way or the other. Perhaps, at first he had a crush on her but later it appears that he was probably angry and wanted to get back at her for turning him down. He probably lives quite close to her.

Hex 55 says that he felt fulfilled and satisfied by killing her, he has no regrets because he sees it this way, that she was a bad person who needed to be punished.

Just some random thoughts.

parisopen

visitor
Reaction score
And very good random thoughts Willowfox. I know of another situation where a woman asked why a man who'd broken up with her was stalking her, and she received the same answer. It will be interesting to see the story unfold as the facts come to light over time.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
13.5 does appear to suggest the two knew each other, but the police report says they did not. Perhaps he had a fantasy about her? Does seem to suggest he had her specifically in mind, and not just some random attack.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).