...life can be translucent

Menu

Please help: Undersatanding Hexagram 2

U

unsubscribed_cm

I enquired about this week thats now almost over and got the resulting:

Hexagram 2 ? 40
line 2 and 4 changing

I understand that hexagram 2 means to basically yeild to whatever comes.

It also has the extreme statement:

"If the superior man undertakes somthing, and tries to lead,
he goes astray"

Does this mean for the whole week I'm supposed to basically wait for things to come up and not seek to fullfill any of my own ideas? Should I stop looking for a job? Should I stop exercise?

What does this mean exactly?

I can understand it means don't try to lead others, or to accept fate, to be feminine yeliding... But does it also mean let your ideas on moving forward and changing your life go for now?

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
"I enquired about this week thats now almost over and got the resulting:

Hexagram 2 ? 40
line 2 and 4 changing"

Hex 2.2 says that you should not try to hard to achieve you aims, take it easy and do things in a more relaxed, laid back way.

Hex 2.4 says to watch out for possible problems or disagreements, so watch your mouth, so keep a low profile.

Hex 40 when the week is over then your problems will ease off and you can expect a better time in the weeks to follow.

mudpie

visitor
Reaction score
Pacman, why do you post things, get people to respond, and then just go on to another thread/post without acknowledging the responses to the first posts or wrting any followups?

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
I see 2.2 saying the situation is what it is and there are no hidden insights you haven't already discovered.
I see 2.4 saying you are just passing through or have no great insights or roll to play in the events that roll past you just now.

I see 40 as meaning again you want to just fulfill your obligations and move on.

As far as looking for a job,
40. makes me think you should probably go through the motions just to keep active, but you may not find what you are looking for long term. Possibly indicates a short term job that will pay your bills.

J

jimnammack

The meanings of the hexagrams and moving lines vary from reference book to reference book. You need to decide on one I Ching reference book to use for your question, then refer to those hexagram meanings exclusively. There are no cosmic, universal meanings for hexagrams and moving lines.

Hexagram 2 usually means to follow, to go with the flow. The moving line you got for that hexagram could be telling you to avoid the impulse of trying to control someone, or it could be telling you to avoid being controlled by someone else. When the situation arises in your daily life that your reading is referring to, you will know it instantly and intuitively. Your forecast is NOT general counsel telling you to avoid taking decisive action in everything that comes up in your life.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).