...life can be translucent

Menu

Dreams: When people whisper in your ear

laylab

visitor
Reaction score
Does anyone here have any experience with dreams and psychic communication during sleep?

In the past few months I have had three dreams in which someone was whispering in my ear.

The first dream was my lover. He left my house but when the door closed I heard him whisper in my ear, "I love you". I thought it was real at first but then realized I was dreaming at the moment he left the house (I had fallen asleep and he kissed me on the cheek and left). It was definatel a dream, not real.

The second time was when I had a dream of all my family around me after my son told me he was gay. In the dream one of my aunts walked up to me and whispered something important in my ear. But I can't remember what it was.

The third time was last night. I had a lucid dream and one of my ex-lovers was whispering in my ear, "what have you done to me? I think of you all the time."

All three times the person was very distinctivly whispering in my ear, close to me.

Does that mean something? Something different from dreams where a person just says something to you but doesn't whisper?

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
It means it's up close and personal, for you only. It's interesting that when somebody whispers, it's really quiet, but you hear it more closely. The part of you that's delivering these whispered lines *really* wants you to hear the message, but wants you to know it's for you only to hear.

I won't tell anybody you told me about this lol.

hulda

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
sounds fascinating. one question: you didn't ask the yi for an interpretation, only the IC community. why not do that?

laylab

visitor
Reaction score
sounds fascinating. one question: you didn't ask the yi for an interpretation, only the IC community. why not do that?
OK, on your suggestion I did just that. I asked ti Yi, "what did the dream mean in which my lover whispered in my ear, "what have you done to me, I can't stop thinking about you" ?

And got: Hex 59.5 Dispersion

Chris's site says it's dispelling illusions http://members.ozemail.com.au/~ddiamond/h59.html

But what illusion? As I never believed that he really cared about me. From the very beginning I have been hard on him because I didn't trust him. Sometimes I bit his head off or accused him of having ulterior motives. So I have never been under some illusion that he cares. That much is for sure.

I then askd: In general, what does someone whispering in your ear in a dream indicate or mean?

Answer was 48.5 The Well
I looked at chris's site again and found it interesting that he refers to a meditative moment and drawing information from a passive source.

Last edited:

nhyuyi

visitor
Reaction score
Gee, I wish there were more responses to this :\

I've had these type of dreams, and divining about them has given me similar results.

Synchronicity..I love when that happens!

b

esolo

visitor
Reaction score
I've had this happen both in dreams and while awake. It doesn't happen very often but when it does it always seems to be something that I need to know, but have no way of knowing. The only time it happened regarding something mundane was when I heard the name of the person calling on the phone whispered to me. It's always my own voice btw.

dobro p

visitor
Reaction score
OK, on your suggestion I did just that. I asked ti Yi, "what did the dream mean in which my lover whispered in my ear, "what have you done to me, I can't stop thinking about you" ?

And got: Hex 59.5 Dispersion

But what illusion? As I never believed that he really cared about me. From the very beginning I have been hard on him because I didn't trust him. Sometimes I bit his head off or accused him of having ulterior motives. So I have never been under some illusion that he cares. That much is for sure.

Here are some possibilities:

* You're supposed to disperse the idea that the dream guy refers to the lover. If that were the case, then you'd have to identify the dream guy who whispers, and the prime candidate of course would be an aspect of yourself: it's *you* who can't stop thinking about *him*. This obsessiveness is a real possibility. I mean, you're posting questions about him and your relationship with him on the internet.

* You're supposed to disperse the idea that you've entertained all along that he doesn't care about you. The reality is that he *does* care about you, and that's what the dream's showing you. You've got a blind spot. Of course, if you *do* have a blind spot about his dependence on you, then my pointing it out won't make a bit of difference lol.

* It's a desire dream. He doesn't care about you, but you *want* a lover up close and personal who absolutely dotes on you. (Yeah, I want one of those too. If you find someplace where that sort of person is to be found, let me know...) I have a hunch the dream you had might be this sort of desire dream.

* You're supposed to disperse this asking about what the dream means. There are more important things you need to be doing. I mean, some dreams *don't* carry much meaning, right?

* You're supposed to disperse the relationship. I mean, if he cares as little about you as you say, and if you have as much resentment and as little trust toward him as you say, what's the point?

59.5 could apply to any of these intepretations - it talks about a rather intense and emotional form of dispersing which involves dispersing even your position - an approach which is entirely without fault or blame. Nice.

laylab

visitor
Reaction score
Dobro, this is the second time he has whispered something in my ear. The first time didn't even feel like a dream.

I believe that dreams are just a glimpse at what we are in the process of creating with our conscious thoughts.

It could be that I have created the desire (as you say) or that I have created the situation of him feeling something but not being able to express it OR me feeling something but not being willing to express it. Either way, not expressing a truth and choosing to express another facade leads to illusion. So I see this as an opportunity to disperse of illusions.

Meaning: I am willing to admit to myself that I fell in love with him and accept the possibility that he could care about me. That doesn't mean we will be together though. It just means that when we meet again, I will feel comfortable telling the truth. And his reaction to MY truth will disperse or dispell any illusion that I have had about the situation.

Whispering

To hear whispering in your dream, suggests that you need to pay closer attention to something or listen to someone more carefully.

Last edited:

laylab

visitor
Reaction score
I guess I finally have my answer. I got fed up guessing and got a bit of attitude with the Yi. I said, "tell me once and for all! Does he truly care about me or was this predominately about sex?"

Yi said; 17. 4.5

Line 4
"An influencial person, due to his position, can attract followers whose prime intention is self-interest. If surrounded by these people and their flattery, the individual will loose sight of his path (due to feeling secure) and eventually suffer. A false sense of security. See through this to survive."
Line 5
"When in accord with one's belief, one moves towards the ideal and away from the past."

So the Yi is saying, "yes he is very attracted to you and admires you but his primary interest is self-interest. So you can go ahead now and get on with things because he's not in love he just enjoys having such a out going, beautiful woman on his side''

this leads to 24 Returning to my path..meaning>..do not go back to him unless you want more of nothing.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
One more interpretation...
It seems the relationship is over yet you have not been able to get this man out of your mind. You have been telling yourself he didn't love you but even this has not dissolved your interest. Perhaps this dream is helping you Disperse the romance by considering a totally different possibility. Consider the possibility that he did love you - so totally, madly, wildly, he can't forget you! Now consider your relationship from this perspective, that here was a man who loved you from the very pit of his being, with every ounce of passion he could muster, and yet he still couldn't get it together to treat you very nicely. Well duh, doesn't that make it a little easier for you to walk on? I mean, if that was the best he could do when he was wild about you, I'd hate to know how he would have treated you if he hadn't loved you! Anyway, Wilhelm translates 9.5 thus,

His loud cries are as dissolving as sweat.
Dissolution! A king abides without blame.

Perhaps your personal translation should read,

His soft whispers are as enticing as sweat.
I'm outta here! But he did love me - in his fasion - so I wont blame him.

Last edited:

RockxTheDawg

visitor
Reaction score
Dream

does any one know what it means if I dream of my ex but I can't hear what he's saying?

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).