...life can be translucent

Menu

What is the effect of prayer?

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
I just asked the above question and received 9.1.6 - 48.
9.1 talks about when one encounters obstructions and ought not press forward nor try to obtain things by force.
9.6 is about being content with what is and not advancing before the appropriate time has come.
So seems prayer is good for maintaining when situations call for patience.
48. THE WELL is of course wonderful for feeling encouraged.

Any thoughts?

magictortoise

visitor
Reaction score
I think you have interpreted it nicely, Rosada. I would only add that in the first line we are counseled to return to the way. I would say that prayer is a way of returning to ones 'way', i.e. one's nature. It would lead to a fulfilling of potential. (hexagram 48)

Thanks for posting.

Ken

M

maremaria

A wish rides the wind and reach the heaven. Then the wish turns to a drop of rain and enters in the well ... (our sourse of nurisment) ?

I asked too "what is the effect of prayer for me? " 37.1.3.4.6 >45. I try to inteprent it having in mind the questions "why I am angry with God" (41.1.6 >7) :eek:

Last edited:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Different people mean very different things by prayer. Prayer is not always for an effect - it isn't always a petition to get something. Some people mean prayer as simply being open to God ( or the equivalent in their belief) or just being with God, or expanding in to God.

I think everyone would have a different answer to do with their own practice. I don't see here that one answer fits all, everyone would need to ask for themselves - if they wanted to.

B

bruce_g

What is the effect of prayer? 9.1.6 – 48

9/48 and line 1 - Returning to your well with your many complex issues. This is at least one reason why goats, pigs, chickens, etc. were brought to the temple to be sacrificed, in many early cultures. 9 has to do with managing small beasts. So does prayer.

Line 6 - Once the rain has come and matters have been settled, emotional persistence brings danger, threatening what has been gained. I suppose there’s also the danger of becoming greedy, wanting everything in your life to be perfect. How many prayers give thanks for past prayers answered? Prayers of appreciation are most oft overlooked.

"What is the effect of prayer for me? " 37.1.3.4.6 >45

Prayer joins together your elements, your family. Your prayers are as wind, stirred by fire, and you follow suit.

Line 1 - Prayer gives order to your family, and gives you a secure place to live.

Line 3 - Your family argues, debating with God the reasonableness of your requests. It’s not a good idea to mock or make light of God.

Line 4 - It is through the wife (your openness and willingness) that nourishment comes.

Line 6 - Ultimately, success of your prayers depends on being true.

45 Your prayers pull you together.

"Why I am angry with God?" 41.1.6 >7

The focus of 41 is on the reduction of self for the benefit of the whole. Your anger comes from wanting more for yourself.

Line 1 has this same message. Your own interests feel passed over. Consider decreasing this tendency.

Line 6 The things you pray to lose, those you hold onto. The things you pray to gain, those you give up. Continuing this way may acquire servants (or soldiers - see 7), but you lose the security of your homestead (see 37).

Last edited:

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
A wish rides the wind and reach the heaven. Then the wish turns to a drop of rain and enters in the well ... (our sourse of nurisment) ?

I asked too "what is the effect of prayer for me? " 37.1.3.4.6 >45. I try to inteprent it having in mind the questions "why I am angry with God" (41.1.6 >7) :eek:

That's a nice synchronicity. I wasn't aware of this thread when I did a reading for myself yesterday evening. I asked: "What do you think about prayer?"

I got 37 unchanging.

I see this as getting in touch with your ancestors in your lineage via genetics/cellular memories, communion with different aspects of yourself, Little "I"s past/present/ future incarnations; your higher self, the soul, etc. etc. i.e. family.

Never pleading, or trying to force things, just asking respectfully and just making contact. I think answers come in surprising ways - even innocuous ways - but they come.

Topal

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).