...life can be translucent

Menu

Analysis Hexagram 55 (ABUNDANCE)

U

unsubscribed_cm

Hexagram 55 marks the peak of a cycle, which seems to also elude to hexagram 24, a
turning point. If there is a numerical meaning to any hexagram it would be hexagram
55 and that number would be a big one, perhaps the biggest number possible - infinity.

Hex 55 is also concerned with a bounty that has been brought upon by the determination of a individual.

"The king imagines it"

So hexagram has many meanings.
One essential meaning is that of abundnace, of plenty, of large sums, of wealth, of
grandiosity. Not only abundant but of maximum abundance.

But another meaning that having reached the peak of abundance, the mark is also
forshadowed by a waning. The moon being full leads to the waning of the moon.
So it is also advised:

"be not sad. Be like the sun at midday"

---
Therefore, If one asks the question:

What are the possibilities ____ will happen?

And recieves the answer as Hex 55.

---

The possiblities at first glance seem to be said as abundant,
as very large, in-otherwords: very possible, perhaps even probable.
How then, would you suppose the 2nd ingredient of the hexagram would fit:

"Be not sad, be like the sun at midday" ?

For if the possibitliy brings happiness how could sadness be realvent?
And yet Hexagram 55 seems to imply more than abundance.
This part about being not sad. Seems to be a essential part of the meaning.
But wealth + sadness togather do not seem to be alike
In fact Wealth, and Sadness seem to be natural polar opposites.

Discuss.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I think the sadness has to do with the fact that this is likley as good as its going to get - you have abundance now, be glad of it, but don't expect further increase, things will naturally start to decline as the sun does at noon, but don't mourn that, thats the way it is. At noon the light is as much as it will ever be, don't be sad it can only decrease from now on, enjoy it while its there.

I recently got 55 unchanging about a problem skin condition I was wondering whether to take medication for - i took 55 unchanging as 'this is as bad as its going to get - hmm and as it was reasonable decided if this was as bad as it got i wouldn't take the medication. Turned out right. So sometimes the counsel of 'this is as much as it gets' is not cause to be sad anyway

B

bruce_g

Agrees with CM and Trojan.

It's also a good idea to bring sunscreen or an umbrella/curtain (underbrush can get pretty uncomfortable ), or be hurtin' for certain later.

U

unsubscribed_cm

But what about a question involving possiblitiy.

If you ask a question regarding the possiblity somthing will happen

is it saying then that there are abundant oppertunities now but they will soon wane?
What if your question was a question of indefiante time span not meaning now but indefinatly?

U

unsubscribed_cm

I mean if you asking what are the possiblities the Big Crunch will occur in the universe. And you get the hex 55 as the answer. How the would it make sense. It would be saying there is a strong possiblity now, but as time goes no there is less of a possiblity... That seems to not make sense over certian questions.

If your asking what are the possiblities I will win the lottery?
It gives you hex 55.
It would be saying then that there are abudnant possiblities
but as time goes on there are less possiblities?
Even though you continue to play?

That seems absurd.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I mean if you asking what are the possiblities the Big Crunch will occur in the universe. And you get the hex 55 as the answer. How the would it make sense. It would be saying there is a strong possiblity now, but as time goes no there is less of a possiblity... That seems to not make sense over certian questions.

If your asking what are the possiblities I will win the lottery?
It gives you hex 55.
It would be saying then that there are abudnant possiblities
but as time goes on there are less possiblities?
Even though you continue to play?

That seems absurd.

If i got 55 to either of these questions I would take it as advice to enjoy what I have right now. Not that i would ask either of these questions as both answers are known through ordinary factual means, ie i have as much chance of winning the lottery as anyone else and the world will end sometime - if thats what you mean by the 'big crunch'. I don't think 55 advises looking expectantly into the future, just full aprreciation of what is now

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).