...life can be translucent

Menu

Help with Hex 14 about employment

M

mirian

I asked the Ching if I will get a job this year in the city where I have just moved in. The response was Hex 14, Possession in Great Measure, with 2nd and 3rd changing lines. I am not sure if this a positive answer and I wonder if the Ching might be saying that my strategy to get a job is not all correct, especially because the 3rd line.
Anyway, I would appreciate any comments on that.

Mirian

RindaR

visitor
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I'm thinking it may mean that you could be overlooking something that seems small to you, either in terms of a job opportunity, or in terms of a gift/talent that you have. It may also be telling you to stay within areas where you have proven yourself ??

M

mirian

Hello Rinda,
It is interesting what you are saying because I cannot apply for the positions that I have great experience due to nationality restrictions ( I am not a resident in the UK and can only take on part-time jobs ). So, I imagine that the interpretation about overlooking something is more likely to be the case. Thank you for your thoughts.
Mirian

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
First, yes you can get a job in the UK but it would be a very good idea for you to send the money back home, it would be dangerous for you to hang on to it. It might be tough at first but if you persevere it will bring you success.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
A big wagon for loading.
One may undertake something.
No blame.

This sounds very positive. Even if the jobs you have experience in are not open to you, I think the I Ching is saying you've got what it takes to make it.

A prince offers it to the son of heaven.
A petty man cannot do this.

I wonder if 14.3 could be suggesting you do some volunteer work? Or is it a warning about working for someone that can't afford to pay you, especially if it's part time work like day care and you end up saying, "Oh that's all right, I know you need the money to feed your kids."

gene

visitor
Reaction score
"There are at hand able helpers." You must load the wagon. It is not going to fall together for you, but you do have help, either on the physical level, or the spiritual, or both. It can happen, but you will have to work for it. "Place it at the disposal of the ruler." You must make yourself available. It may take time, but you can do it. Changes to 21, biting through. You must take the plunge. It is something you will have to put yourself into position for, then it can happen. But you cannot sit back and wait for it to happen.

Gene

Last edited:
M

mirian

Dear all,
Your comments on Hex 14 have given me more confidence. They sound quite positive that I can succeed in getting a job. I think that is really clear that I have to make some effort to get it, that things will not fall from Heaven (perhaps only a little help from the invisible world...).
Gene, I think that your interpretation is straight to the point because I should be having a more proactive role in this job hunt... The good thing is that I am going to a jobs fair this afternoon...
And, yes Rosada, before casting the Ching I had already considered volunteer work in my spare time (maybe at weekends).

Thank you all
:)Mirian

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Good luck at the job fair Mirian! I hope you'll get back to us in the future and let us know how things actually worked out.

M

mirian

Thank you Rosada. Actually, yesterday I had my first application turned down:eek: -
But, it doesn't matter. I think that it rings true that I have to make it happen, I have to carry on doing my best to get it and I believe that the volunteer work is somehow part of that.
I will let you know about the outcome.
Mirian

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Yes, its going to be tough but if you persevere then you will succeed.

M

mirian

Thank you willowfox for your thoughts. It is being tough, already. I have sent my CV to many employers and also applied for volunteer work. But I rely on the interpretation, I have to persevere. I am hanging on in there:)

ZeroPoint

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I, too, have 14.2 and 14.4 changing. I am seeing this after a shocking reversal: promised a permanent job from a temporary one, I was becoming a leader at work, and was abruptly terminated. No reason given. From which I think I will get another job, but must not be a leader. Any other interpretation valid? I feel despair. For if I have possessions to share, how will I evade leadership? (Relating hexagram is Beauty. I can't fathom it. Still pondering...) Other thoughts warmly welcomed...

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Start a new thread. This one is 12 years old. It confuses people to do this since they often see the first post and think it is current. There's no reason to tack your new query on to a 12 year old thread.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).