...life can be translucent

Menu
Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 LastLast

Thread: "Aha!!" Answers - little chat, just post your favourite or encouraging results

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I asked a question about one person, got a hexagram 19 - approach. I run into that person that day )

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I asked why our realtor had not told us about the leaky roof and dry rot in the house we were interested in when she already had reports from previous inspections? We spent several hundred dollars on new inspections only to learn the house needed extensive repairs - which she knew because a previous client had payed to have inspections done only a few months previously. I think she should have given us the old inspection reports at least to give us a clue as to what we were getting ourselves into and to let us decide then if we were still enthusiastic enough to want to purchase updated reports.
    I received 48.2.3 - 8.

The jug is broken and leaks.
    -
    Wow, that certainly describes the house!

The well is cleaned but no one drinks from it.
    This is my heart's sorrow,
    For one might draw from it.
    if the king were clear-minded,
    Good fortune might be enjoyed by all.
    -
    Hmmm...maybe she thought the owners had corrected the old problems.
    Last edited by rosada; August 6th, 2017 at 11:23 PM.

nAstWr Guest

I was asking a question and yi answered me: 34 <3> 54
    I was trying to interpret the answer and then I realized....When I was asking suddenly somebody was coming and I had to hurry up...
    I pushed too hard yi to answer me...I was too forceful....I used all of my strength at the utmost... and no answer came out..

I'm impressed from the yi's respond!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I really feel bad when I try to answer questions and don't get feedback. "I'll so appreciate any help!" the posters plead. So I spend a big chunk of time working on their problems, I post my reply and....zilch. Not even a thank-you click. This really upsets me. I think it's so disrespectful. In fact, I think it clearly shows why these people have problems in the first place - they're a bunch of clueless, brainless, idiot users who will rot in Hades before I'll ever try to help them again and I'm going to start keeping an enemies list and I'm going to post it and - oops, got a little carried away there. Well, as I said, it bugs me and my spiteful attitude probably isn't adding to the advancement of mankind. So... I asked the I Ching, What should be my attitude when I get no acknowledgement for my efforts?
    I received Hexagram 8.1.5 - Hexagram 24.
    8. Seeking Union, line 1 talks about being in harmony with ones self - sort of like saying, "Do the interpretations for your own satisfaction." and then 8.5 is about the animals being free to go if they choose to - as in, know that people (those animals!) are free to respond or not, it's okay. And finally this hexagram changes to 24. Return, which I see as meaning a nudge to me to get over it and get back on course. Anyway, I thought this was a nice helpful spot on answer.
    Last edited by rosada; August 10th, 2017 at 04:44 PM.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rosada For This Useful Post:

equinox (November 9th, 2017), iams girl (October 8th, 2017), Liselle (October 29th, 2017)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have recently considered taking up a particular faith because it aligns very much with my experiences and beliefs. I feel like it would help me explain my beliefs to others more easily. However, I do not agree with it in certain respects. Another problem is feeling like I have to be able to put a name on my faith, to put it into some little box. I have worried myself over whether I should take up this faith, or any faith at all. In general, I have been very confused and unsure of what to do. I asked I Ching for advice on this matter and received 14.6 > 34.It is difficult to articulate the warm glow I felt within when I received this response. It seemed to say to me, "Don't worry about all of that stuff. You already have everything you need."

7. The Following User Says Thank You to alex_p For This Useful Post:

rosada (October 28th, 2017)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My very first reading , about (surprise) a relationship situation I'm in at the moment. Basically the issue is that I'm in love with someone else's partner.. and he returns the feelings for me. We have decided to keep our distance while trying to make sense of it all. The last time I saw him, he told me he doesn't see anything happening between us at all, not even in the future and that broke my heart. Weeks later it still hurts so much it knocks the breath out of me sometimes.

And so I asked: What can you tell me about the relationship situation with R?
    Answer: 5 (waiting)1.2.4 - 31 (influence). Another website calls this one 'mutual attraction'.

Especially nr5 was a big Aha! moment for me, as it confirms the exact position I'm it at the moment. Nr 31 was a bit of a puzzle, until I started googling this hexagram and came up with an explanation that goes more into the mutual attraction between two opposites.

I'm still wondering what the Influence bit is about though. I often have trouble making my way through the hexagram descriptions as the text in my book is quite dense.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Hi Suzanne, nice to meet you - if you'd like some help with your reading, you could post it in the Shared Readings forum. Members come by there and share their thoughts and try to help figure out what Yi's telling you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is such a rich forum thread --- it's amazing -- the concise connections -- but it's like reading a book without an index or a list of chapters.. . (Hilary/site engineer Would it be possible to re-post it in such a way that it could be searched in and of itself, or so comments on individual lines/concepts/images could be found without reading the whole thing?

(...as example ... I searched "mulberry" in the forums looking for a deeper understanding of what it means to be tied/tie oneself to a mulberry tree/bush/shoots as in 12.5 ... this thread is one of my search results & I'm 3 pages in but realize I might be reading for another hour before I find the bits about mulberry... also, in my mind this is one of the best, most concise focused & useful threads in terms of how people talk about the imagery vs their experience, it's a shame to have all these insights "buried"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

If you scroll down towards the bottom of the page,
    You can see 'Tags' for this thread, and you can add tags.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

What I usually do is use the browser's page-search feature "Ctrl-F".

However, that does rely on people using consistent notation like "37.5" to indicate a line...it also works best if you have the forum set to display the whole thread on one page. To change that, go to Forum Settings here:
    https://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/frie...do=editoptions

Scroll down under "Thread Display Options" to where it says "Number of Posts to Show Per Page". There are several options, including displaying 500 posts per page.

While we're on the subject, have you discovered the forum's Hexagram Search feature? The forum search feature which maybe is what you used to find "mulberry" - it can't be used to search for things like "52.2.3". So Hilary commissioned a better one:
    https://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/hexsearch/

Hexagram search is in the menu at the top of the page. Hover over "Community" and look in the "Search" column.
    Last edited by Liselle; December 23rd, 2017 at 11:18 AM. Reason: corrected wrong link; added information

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 LastLast