...life can be translucent

Menu
Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: "Aha!!" Answers - little chat, just post your favourite or encouraging results

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Default 47

this is a lovely thread

when I was first learning the yi I often asked about meaningless matters, so as not to warp the reading with my emotions. one day at work I asked "how will my lunch hour go?" and got 47, unchanging.

I was aghast! arrested? thrown in prison? sunk into despair? I threw again and got it again. Then a third time and got 47 changing to something else.

anyway. I shook off my anxieties and marched off to the parking lot where I found . . . my car was blocked by a firetruck responding to a minor emergency. Hemmed in by officials in scarlet indeed. I actually sat down on the curb and laughed. That reading made 47 (a hexagram I loathe) much easier to take.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to knot For This Useful Post:

salvia (October 2nd, 2014)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nice one, Knot!

Last week, I put my 18 yrold daughter on a plane to Paris. It is her first time abroad and the first time she has gone such a distance from me, and for such a long time ( two weeks). At the airport, she looked so grownup and confident and she was dry-eyed and, it seemed to me, quite indifferent to the whole thing of saying goodbye. On the other hand, I started to cry like a baby.
    When I got home I asked the I ching about her "indifference"...even though I knew it was probably a good and necessary thing.

and the Yi said 59.6.

To me this answer was so clear and quite comforting, too. "Dispersing the blood" meant to me that it is timely for her to leave "the nest," take wing, and "go far away" without any sentimentality in this process. Kind of like "don't look back now and cry, just go.........!" there is no fault in that.

kind of reminded me of the first day I put her on the bus to kindergarten. She was thrilled, no backward glance. I went home and fell apart

mirian Guest

About ten years ago I had a nasty health problem. I woke up in the middle of the night in terrible pain and was taken to hospital with severe internal bleeding. But, before going to hospital I quickly took my coins, tossed them in bed and asked the Yi - "Am I going to die?" .
    The answer was Hex 38 3rd moving line.
    "One sees the wagon dragged back,
    The oxen halted,
    A man's hair and nose cut off.
    Not a good beginning, but a good end."

It was so true! It took the doctors a while to get hold of the situation, which eventually they did. But thanks to my Yi reading I knew all the way through what the outcome would be.

Mirian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A while back someone here posted a question concerning Lyme disease. They asked something like what could be done to improve their husband's health and received 7. The Army. We posted our interpretations and I believe the general feeling was that The Army indicated the need to organize all one's forces. As my sister has Lyme I was particularly interested in this discussion and continued to think about the answer and to talk it over with my sister for her ideas. She replied that Lyme disease was unknown in the Northeast (although the tick that carries the germ was known in Texas) until the late 1940's when the army began engaging into explorations of the possibilities of using germs as weapons on an Island not far from Lyme, Conn. (The disease is named after this town as this is where cases of it first started appearing) While our government has never admitted to this possibility and has even refused to acknowledge the disease exists or to fund research, if you google "Lyme disease germ warfare" you will come up with pages of information. Thus I believe the I Ching was telling us that in the case of "Lyme - 7. The Army" the cure will only come when we know the origins of the disease and it's literal connection with The Army.
    Last edited by rosada; April 9th, 2008 at 01:25 AM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Mm - maybe in Open Space, if he does? I like the 'aha' answers we're getting here very much, and don't want to lose the thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hello!

Definitely I agree with your train of thought about those moments of wow in the relevance of i-ching answers!

I got hexagram 63 to a question about my place within a group of people/ living arrangements (See the thread if you're interested
    And I have had very useful and perceptive interpretations of the hexagram fitting with my doubting that I'm on the right path etc..

Anyways it is amazing how it works (as I have said in the last thread of my own post!) and I do wonder what or who controls it??
    Is it you and your subconscious expressing itself? Or a spirit guide type thing? Or the magic of coincidence/ synchronicity?

I dunno eh.. questions questions..

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

That would be this thread. (Just adding a link before the thread vanishes from the front page.) It's really good to hear that interpretations here led to the 'aha'.

questions questions..
    Indeed. I dunno either. Fortunately that doesn't matter in the least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default 15.3 > 2

I had to let a friend know by email that I was not going to be able to continue with a project I had agreed to, My reasons were valid but I was concerned he might think I was a flake. After sending the email I asked the I Ching ,
    What will be my friend's response?
    I received the answer,
    15.3 > 2
    A superior man of modesty and merit
    Carries things through to conclusion.
    Good fortune.

I interpreted this to mean that my emailed explanation was enough and that he would understand, especially as the hex. changed to 2. The Receptive, meaning he being receptive to my explanation and also - as I see 2 as meaning Silence - that the matter was complete with no loose strings.

This is exactly how it worked out but what is interesting to me here is how upon re-reading the interpretation, "A superior man carries things through to conclusion," I see now where the I Ching could have just as easily been interpreted as warning me he would think I should have completed the original promise - and yet I didn't see it that way at all when I read it the first time. So while it's nice to know I read it right, it makes me aware of the importance of that special mysterious element that determines if we are going to be able to get the message.
    Last edited by rosada; May 3rd, 2008 at 04:51 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Default 44

that's lovely that you understood it correctly so intuitively

I recalled another aha -- and it was another yi-practice question, "what about when I leave work now." The answer was 44, which seemed alarming -- danger, temptation, etc. But what actually happened was that a woman ran up and begged me to give her car a jump-start.

I often think of 44 as the jump-start hexaram now -- a sudden surge of power that can be enormously useful; but don't try to keep it going too long ("marry" it), and whatever you do, don't try to grab it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When I made my website, I needed a name. Everyone here, where I live, tought back then that the internet was a dangerous place and wanted me to be anonymous. So I took the other half of my name, which I never use. Nice thing was, that it also sounded very Chinese. LiSe, in chinese Li-zi, same zi like in Lao-zi, Kong-fu-zi and so on. For li I took the chinese character for the cry of cranes and waterbirds. But zi is a term of respect for great masters, so I was not sure if it was not a bit arrogant to use it.

So I asked Yi: 61.2. Cry of the crane, although here another character is used. Calling it's young, zi.

And the fanyao about divining, turtle-shells and all this good fortune. So I knew it was ok.

LiSe
    'There's a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in.'
    < Leonard Cohen >

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast