...life can be translucent

Menu
Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: "Aha!!" Answers - little chat, just post your favourite or encouraging results

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Beautiful.

I was looking through old reading journals the other day - written in big notebooks, before I knew what to do with a computer, and long before I thought of starting out as a diviner. I was wondering what to do with myself, and I asked about various options, like more study, or becoming a kind of agent for David, and also 'What if I set out to make my own living independently of David?' Yi said Hexagram 30.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I asked the following:
    "Did i piss off X by replying in the blankblank thread(in another website)?
    Yi Answer-Hexagram 27 Corners of the Mouth(Providing Nourishment) Image: At the Foot of the mountain, thunder...
    The image of providing nourishment...Thus the superior man is careful of his words and temperate in eating and drinking.
    So I shut up, and keep a low profile, and came here to lurk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default I know exactly what you mean! aaaai, I;ve Had the sme fear.

Quote Originally Posted by laylab View Post
    Everyone knows those moments, you have a situation that is highly specific, you enquire to the Oracle about it and receive an answer so obviously fitting that you experience renewed enthusiasm or trust in the I Ching.

Here is a thread, less about asking others for interpretation and more about sharing those moments of clarity. So fitting considering the name of this site

So please, keep the rythm going. Just briefly explain the background behind your question and the answer that you got from the I Ching that made you say, "Aha! So fitting..I get it!"

I'll start.

I met a man a divorcée and we have a nice connection but are both weary. We have both had our heart broken in the previous year.

He was persuing me and I was weary and then all of the sudden he said, "I'm afraid of this, you are the first serious woman I have met since my divorce and the implications scare me, I need to be free right now but still want to keep seeing you and often. I'm crazy about you but scared too."

We had to discuss how we both feel about that and I told him "oh I feel the same way, that's why I kept telling you to slow down".

Nevertheless it took me by surprise because up until that moment he was an assertive, daily persuer.

I asked the I Ching:

What was all that about this morning?

It answered:

Hex 12 Standstill changing line 5 / Related Hexagram 35 Progress
    Nine in the fifth place means:

Standstill is giving way.
    Good fortune for the great man.
    "What if it should fail, what if it should fail?"
    In this way he ties it to a cluster of mulberry shoots.

Aha!!

My reservations are based on not having purged myself of the passionate, unfruitful relationship with a married man. His reservations are based on the hurt and trauma that ensued after his marriage failed.

I just love it when I feel that the I Ching is for real..when I just know deep down that it's talking to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Chickenalities

My friend has a group of young roosters, she wants to keep them until she knows which ones will grow up to good roosters, because that is very different. Some seem nice when they are young, but attack everyone when they grow up.
    In this group there was more and more trouble.Two of them played boss, the rest could hardly get to the food, and the underdogs were really very hungry. They were not allowed out of their corner.

So she put an old experienced rooster in with them, the best she has, a Gemini. We know the signs of all roosters, it makes a big difference if a rooster is an air- or earth sign and so on.

All roosters were very excited and angry, but nobody dared to attack, until one of the intermediate finally did it. Not a bossy one and not an underdog, but a middle class one.
    The Gemini makes a gesture of threatening him, but not actually doing anything. The young one runs away, fast! But all the others had seen how impressing the old rooster was.

Now there is peace, everyone can eat, nobody ever gets the idea of making any trouble. The old one does not have to do anything at all, his authority goes unquestioned.

I asked Yi “what did happen in that chicken coop?” Answer: hex 60.1, 2 and 5 to 2.
    All yang lines changing to yin!
    60.1 everyone who did not attack but kept a low profile (line 1): good.
    60.2 line 2 is about contacts but from a lower person, that one did not stay in his own territory but tried to fight the higher one: misfortune.
    60.5 line 5 is the king, he imposes agreeable limitations. Success. He meets with recognition.

Now all is quiet (see judgment of hex.2).

LiSe
    Last edited by heylise; June 6th, 2008 at 07:51 PM. Reason: did put the title where it belongs
    'Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable.'
    < Cesar A. Cruz >

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oo, seems line 2 is not that clear..
    Oh well

Maybe 60.2 is about not being able to get out of the coop - misfortune for the little fighter
    < Cesar A. Cruz >

meng Guest

Quote Originally Posted by heylise View Post
    Oo, seems line 2 is not that clear..
    Oh well

Maybe 60.2 is about not being able to get out of the coop - misfortune for the little fighter
    Perhaps the misfortune of line 2 - them not going out of (or out into) the courtyard to challenge - has to do with maintaining a healthy species, which relies on checks and balances of power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Had to think about that but I think I understand.
    He did try, the little fighter, and by doing so made it all clear. If he hadn’t, then misfortune. The fanyao 3.2 tells him that this big rooster is no bandit but comes for the harmony.
    < Cesar A. Cruz >

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

LiSe, your story about the roosters cheered me up, almost unexplainedly. Maybe it awakened the Gemini rooster inside my chicken coop of a mind. I am going to add him to my notes on 60.5.
    love that story

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

My reading for this week was 60.2. Its first meaning for me was very literal: unless I make an effort, I spend all day inside the same walls and same routine, never walking further than the front door, never focussing on anything further away than the next wall. (And I get fatter and stiffer and more myopic.)

So yesterday I used my day off to have a full day out, and it was lovely. We went to Birdland, where just before coming home we met a free-roaming jungle fowl rooster sitting on a fence.

60.2 for me is what happens inside the chicken coop with no senior rooster and no way out.

maremaria Guest

Hi ,
    Yesterday I’ve been gloomy and edgy for two reasons related to a health issue. its has to do with the way affect my daily life and the illness itself and the fact that it will take longer than I excepted to have a final diagnosis
    I wake up this morning and the symptoms were still there. Had a little chat with myself and agreed that we can’t do anything but wait. Then I asked Yi :
    what should I know about that issue and got 5.5 >11
    Aha !!! Yi said the same. Wait !!!

I perceive it as not just wait and don’t act, but as do what you should /can do (follow doctors treatment have all the necessary examinations) but I have to wait to gain more knowledge on what is this about and how to treat it. That will help me to keep a kind of peace in the meantime.

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast