...life can be translucent

Menu

A Way Out of Financial Difficulties

justa

visitor
Reaction score
I am a single parent on benefits with many debts and no real income. Plus I owe my Dad a large sum I can't repay at present. I asked How can I find a way out of my financial difficulties and recieved; 37 change lines1/2 changing to 57
I know it's about structure and maybe women in the family, but don't really understand the advice, particulary the lines and how it all relates to 57.

I want to work but have to be able to cover my rent and look after my child out of school, but don't get how above would apply!!!

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Well it seems to me to be literally advising you to stay home. Line 1 talks about being safe within family boundaries, and line 2 gives an image of preparing the food. 57 suggests gradually working on your financial problems nothing drastic.

If still staying home doesn't sound realistic/ feasible then i think it suggests doing something you are pretty comfortable with, like work you've done before and so on. Also as you mention your dad and The Family came up perhaps you shouldn't feel too badly over having debt to him, if hes okay with it that is - look at it as he is being father as is his role to his daughter who he is caring for in a sense - thats what families are for - anyway maybe its an idea to think carefully about whats 'home' to you, how home and family support you or don't.

I think theres many possibilities here but you know best about your circumstances - but I think thats where the Yi is pointing you to look at - home. Oh also of course line 2 advises you to be conscientious about fulfilling your immediate duties - not seeking to go beyond them or use energy and resources which are beyond immediate necessity - hence the reference to food i guess, thats a pretty basic need. Could even be advise to really economise - you need to think about how it might apply - in anycase I don't think it says 'go and conquer the world' more like 'think about the price of your groceries' lol

Last edited:

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Yes indeed it is telling you to stay home and look after your child and stop with the ideas of doing something.
Hex 57 says there is not very much you can do about your problem, you must be patient and alert for any opportunities that may come up in the future.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Interesting that 37 says,
The superior man has substance in his words and duration in his way of life.
Leading to 57,
The superior man spreads his commands abroad and carries out his undertakings.

Like the advice of 37 just flows into 57. Something you are doing at home grows and and is carried abroad.

Tossing ideas about... I agree that 37 says put the family requirements first, but I don't think 57 is saying there is not much you can do about your problem. I think it's saying that solutions will come out of putting your family first.
57 specifically says, "Success through what is small."
So something that is small. Well, how about having something to sell? Avon?
"It furthers one to have somewhere to go."
A clearly defined goal. Like, "My goal is to make X amount and not work past school hours."
"It furthers one to see the great man." This can literally mean finding an employer, or it can mean coming up with your own work plan that you adhere to.

I once had a thriving business running an after school tutoring service twice a week. The P.T.A. allowed me to run it in an unused classroom and the teachers sent me my customers. Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:15 - 4:15 I supervised 15 children doing their homework. I charged the parents $35 a month.
This was before afterschool programs were provided by the school districts, so I don't know as there would be the need nowadays, but even if your child's school provides after school child care there may still be a need for specialized homework assistance.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score

I once had a thriving business running an after school tutoring service twice a week. The P.T.A. allowed me to run it in an unused classroom and the teachers sent me my customers. Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:15 - 4:15 I supervised 15 children doing their homework. I charged the parents $35 a month.
This was before afterschool programs were provided by the school districts, so I don't know as there would be the need nowadays, but even if your child's school provides after school child care there may still be a need for specialized homework assistance.

Yes but could you have supported yourself and your children on that income alone ? Things like Avon etc only work if you have another job or theres a man in the background giving support, you can't live on that kind of money. Justa says she is a single parent, so if she worked an hour a day (infact 2 hours a week in the job you described) that couldn't help her, she would likley lose any kind state assistance she got also. To get the kind of money she needs to live on shes going to need a full time job. Actually I don't know what country you are in Justa, if in England you could work part time and get working tax credit and child tax credit - but i guess you know all that, hmm anyway I'm veering off topic but the point is one is not guaranteed to be better off by working a few hours here and there

Last edited:

justa

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Guys and thank you for your advice. I am in the UK (London) one of the most expensive cities in the world and to cover rent alone ( I'm in one bedroom flat) I'd have to clear a pretty big sum. I need a full time job to even begin to meet my expenses, but I do believe I can find a way out of this situation. I went a little deeper into this and got some strong answers that I have shared in another thread. More way out of financial difficulties :)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).