...life can be translucent

Menu

*ANTdb 2005 (I-Ching Chaos Engine) 1.5.60 - Divination Software

wishcraft

visitor
Reaction score
This application explores this fascinating 5000 year old fractal that can be applied to just about any vector in science. ANT stands for Alpha Numeric to Trigram, it is displaying the basic trigram not my yantra extended one that was developed as an object in 2004-2005. I have not further developed this application from 2005 as I decided I would eventually rewrite it in .NET when time is sufficient. This also include the code for Fractal Encryption Set which kinda turns a byte on the side. As the i-ching is recognized as a fractal by Texus Professor Kayta Walters who authored a book called the Tao of Chaos which lead me to develop this application for a better understand of the literature.

This is the final release of ANTdb until it get rewritten in .NET.:rofl:

petrosianii

visitor
Reaction score
neat!
I have recently been studying fractals in semantics (I'm an SEO spec.) and I confess, I don't understand it. I do know, however, that the I Ching is a fractal. (Whatever the hell a fractal is exactly!) I would like to learn more about fractals - for I Ching, and my work. I want to create something new, innovative.
Perhaps I'll download your application. Is it free?
Cheers,
Eric
http://gnosisarts.com/i-ching-insights.com

petrosianii

visitor
Reaction score
I ching music?

I'm a professional jazz pianist...what I had in mind: use the fractal nature of I ching to create software that will produce a "I Ching musical composition"? What do you think? Can you help me do it? I would LOVE something like this.

Cheers,
E

RindaR

visitor
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Just finished reading "Chaos Making a New Science" by James Gleick - it's been around a long time - copyright is 1986. It was a great introduction to the history of Chaos theory, even for one who isn't great at maths.

S

sooo

The math logic of it is way over my head, but I sense a similarity to asymmetry of I Ching, even though it is a complete system, and nothing doesn't add up by the complete cycle, it's unrepeatable and unpredictable. I see we gather around it like a big Christmas tree, some in white lab coats, taking notes or drawing sketches, to find the symmetric sequence. Alas, some get close, but then the anomaly completely destroys symmetry, which the scientific observer was hoping to find.

Petrosianii, this is why I'm curious how this can be repeatedly played in an I-Ching melody, unless the element of random and surprise are a unique part of each composition, each time it's played - something a jazz pianist is well acquainted with, I'm sure. :bows:

Visual representation of a "strange attractor"
Atractor_Poisson_Saturne.jpg

A trajectory of the dynamical system in the attractor does not have to satisfy any special constraints except for remaining on the attractor. The trajectory may be periodic or chaotic or of any other type.

I know one thing: asymmetry makes life beautiful, and I'm glad the Yi is chaotic in its order, if for that reason alone.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).