...life can be translucent

Menu

Of what significance was the gift?

spica

visitor
Reaction score
21.4.5*>42

My love interest gave a jewellery gift to a friend, which she did not hide from me. I brushed it off at first but it has become a sort of irritant in my mind. I was curious so I asked the iching, hoping for an answer to a question I haven't even been able to phrase properly in my mind.
So I asked, what is the significance of his gift to her?
Considering she did not hide it from me, and he doesn't seem guilty, it's a mystery to me. I know I should ask him but this is not the time for accusations.

So, the iching probably gave an answer, but am not sure what it says. Anyone with interpretations would be good. :)

Edit: I decided to be more specific, so I asked a follow-up: Was his gift to her holding any romantic tendency?
Hex 55,1,4,6, > 52.

It seems like a contradiction

Last edited:

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
I don't think there is any contradiction between these two answers, they speak of a potential romantic urge.

spica

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Willowfox, thanks for helping me with the interpretations.
I wanted to dig deeper so I asked further questions.

Why is he doing that since he's supposed to be seeing me?
35.1.4>27

I asked, how does she feel about him romantically?
57 no changing lines.

If I approach him about this how will he react?
47 no changing lines

Is it appropriate for me to ask him about it?
59 no chaning lines (perhaps telling me that it would disperse my worries)

What is a good way to ask him about it?
31.1.4.5>36

So the yi is encouraging me to ask him about it, to clear my doubts. Willowfox or everyone, I would appreciate your help :)

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Why is he doing that since he's supposed to be seeing me?
35.1.4>27

I suppose he is looking out for number one.

I asked, how does she feel about him romantically?
57 no changing lines.

This suggests that she does have some feelings for him, they maybe small but they are there.

If I approach him about this how will he react?
47 no changing lines

With restraint and cheerfulness.

Is it appropriate for me to ask him about it?
59 no changing lines (perhaps telling me that it would disperse my worries)

Yes it is, because there should be no barrier or hidden motives between you and if there appears to be then discussion is needed to clear up the issue.

What is a good way to ask him about it?
31.1.4.5>36

In a gentle and friendly way, keep any feelings of upset or anger well suppressed.

spica

visitor
Reaction score
Willowfox, again thanks for your concise and to the point answers. It really sounds alot like how he would react. I asked a few more last questions, hope you could help me with interpretations. I would be buying the books on interps soon. Thank you so much.

what will his reply be?

Why will he be cheerful when an 'approach' is definitely accusatory?
17.2.6>10

What will be the possible end result of this?
56.3> 35

Am thinking of leaving him and moving on; is it a wise move?
9,1.5*>18

Why wouldnt he talk openly to me?
55.5*>49

Is the new guy I recently met a better partner for me than him?
12.1>25

If I break off with him how will he react?
40.2*.6>35

Does it mean he will be liberated, so it would be a good move?

and a question: will he and the girl get together if i break off with him?
54.2.5>17

Now I am not being nice to him because I feel like I've been taken for a fool. It is not something I would do to a partner so I expect the same. How is he reacting to my blocking him?
18.2.6>15

Does he know why I'm unhappy with him?
13.2*>1

What will he do to resolve the situation tht I can expect?
7.2*>2

I sure hope that it is like what the hexagrams say - that he will take an active part in communication, which he has never done through our relationship.

I think this is too many questions. Sorry. This will be the last.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
what will his reply be?
o
I get the impression that he will be very upbeat and happy in the way he responds.

Why will he be cheerful when an 'approach' is definitely accusatory?
17.2.6>10

He is with you, talking to you, he feels a bond exists between you, so when you ask he sees you as not being a threat to him, so he laughs it off.

What will be the possible end result of this?
56.3> 35

Basically a loss of faith in him.

Am thinking of leaving him and moving on; is it a wise move?
9,1.5*>18

Best to make no move, just let things happen of their own accord because if he is being sincere then it looks good.

Why wouldn't he talk openly to me?
55.5*>49

Probably considering how to respond to your questions.

Is the new guy I recently met a better partner for me than him?
12.1>25

It looks to be a yes.

If I break off with him how will he react?
40.2*.6>35

It means that you will be liberated to pursue another path.

and a question: will he and the girl get together if i break off with him?
54.2.5>17

Basically, it looks to be yes.

Now I am not being nice to him because I feel like I've been taken for a fool. It is not something I would do to a partner so I expect the same. How is he reacting to my blocking him?
18.2.6>15

I do not see him being overly concerned about it.

13.2*>1

What will he do to resolve the situation tht I can expect?
7.2*>2

spica

visitor
Reaction score
Willowfox, you have connected pretty well with the guy I am speaking of. Thanks, I did enjoy reading your replies.
But he did seem "distressed" because he knows something's up, but probably it is a projection.

By the way some of the interpretations I read on the internet do not fit with what you said, wonder how you integrated it? For instance 47 no changing lines

Oppression and opportunity exist together in this enquiry.

The situation has used up reserves and left dryness. The beauty and joy that existed are spent. Adverse conditions prevail. Beware. But even in the midst of adversity some people prosper. This can be done if the adversity does not break ones spirit, causing withdrawal into inactivity.

The trouble can bring to the surface treasures of personal strength in choosing the right track through the wilderness. Then, good fortune. But only through great effort and perseverance.

Do not waste words. There is no belief in those who hear and your words are not heeded.

Tiredness or even exhaustion may have arisen, possibly because the life giving enthusiasm and connections - the flow of energy - has gone. The actions of life are still there, but the spirit has gone.

Even in this dry time, attempting to find insight will lead to satisfaction. The perception needs to be one in which a real view of the situation is achieved and acted upon. The hidden difficulty needs to be brought to light and dealt with.

It doesn't fit with cheerfulness, how did you get that, I would like to learn more.

Thank you.:bows: also you missed out on the last two hexagrams, was wondering if they were repeated.

Thanks.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
By the way some of the interpretations I read on the internet do not fit with what you said, wonder how you integrated it? For instance 47 no changing lines

Hex 47 is about oppression, you are oppressing him, so he has no choice but to act with restraint and will try to make light of the problem at hand. He knows there is trouble so if he loses control then he has most certainly been proven guilty, so the best policy is to put a brave face on and hope the problem eventually goes away as he is not in control of this situation at this time. Caught off guard and unprepared.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Didn't notice there were another 2 questions, nevermind, here we go;

13.2*>1

Yes, it appears that he now knows.

What will he do to resolve the situation that I can expect?
7.2*>2

He will try and explain why he did what he did.

spica

visitor
Reaction score
Willowfox,
You explain my guy friend very well. It seems you have gotten the gist of his character from the hexagrams. I think it's amazing. It is strange since I thought no-one was like him in behaviour. It is strange to me. If he knew about the iching, I would have thought you were him explaining himself. You have caught on about his restraint, and evasiveness. You have also caught on about his sweeping things under the carpet till it goes away. How did you guess?

Anyway I hope you don't mind, I asked 4 more question because I seem to be unable to formulate a question that goes to the root of the matter.

1. If he gets on with the other girl, what would be the reason? (Is it love or something else)
27.5*>42

2.What can I do to resolve the situation between 3 of us?
53.3>20

3.Will he be willing to break ties with the girl at all?
61.3.4.6>43

4. Who initiated this: her or him?
47.1.2*.4>3

I still haven't found a good question that asks what I really want to know. But I guess it is like peeling the layers of the onion. I will get to the bulb eventually.

Thank you for your help:bows:
Do you recommend Karcher's book for beginners?

edit: He has decided to go interstate till next week. I asked, why is he going?
28.1>43
Is the iching saying that he wants to seperate and get away for a while?

Last edited:

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
1. If he gets on with the other girl, what would be the reason? (Is it love or something else)
27.5*>42

It would suggest that it is something else as he seems to need her, he feels that she has something that he needs in a woman, it does not suggest love but something more on the passionate side, but they certainly seem to like each other though.

2.What can I do to resolve the situation between 3 of us?
53.3>20

This answer suggests that you you let things develop at their own pace, show restraint by not attacking anyone, defend your own position if you are attacked but don't resort to open conflict. Hex 20 is telling you to watch what happens without intervening.

3.Will he be willing to break ties with the girl at all?
61.3.4.6>43

All I can say is that it will prove to be tough going, as he appears to be a very difficult man to change.

47.1.2*.4>3

I would say him.

Do you recommend Karcher's book for beginners? I don't recommend his book at all to anybody.

edit: He has decided to go interstate till next week. I asked, why is he going?
28.1>43

He is being very cautious as he seems to be walking on eggs.

spica

visitor
Reaction score
Hi willowfox, thanks once again. Wonder how you got the interpretations.
It has definitely helped me to see some things I never thought I saw before.

I asked Why does he want to be with me if he needs her?
60.3>5

Is he aware that he's being selfish?
19.2*.5>3

Does he prefer being with me or her?
1.5*>14

Is he flirting or being serious abot her?
41.6>19

Is he this way, that I can expect with most girls ?
5.3>60

how can i get out of this rut and get the truth to light?
31.2.3.4.6>59

Is she aware of her disgression?
55.5*>49

Did i do anything at all to them to deserve this?
46 no changing lines.

What can i learn from this episode?
2.2.5>29

By the way willowfox what book do you recommend for a beginner? also are you female or male if you don't mind disclosing.
Apparently my relationship is so messy and I should have had the smarts to nip it in the bud in the beginning. But now it seems hard to resolve. I wonder if those happy shiny couples have some skeletons as well?

How will the guilty party(s) have their retribution? I believe in natural laws
46.2.5*>39 (can't figure this one out, it seems to be a good hexagram,?)

:bows:

Last edited:
M

maremaria

Hi Spica,

Maybe it is not my business, but I think that asking 32 questions(if I have count correctly) about a matter it might be more confusing than helpful.

Maria

spica

visitor
Reaction score
I'm still hoping willowfox will answer my many questions. It is like a sort of salvation for me in a way, and no, i'm not confused, it has brought clarity. My head was a fog of confused mess because no one of the two people wanted to talk about this. I did ask, in a non threatening way. Anyway I'm more filled with curiousity than hurt because I have been through this crap for too long it sort of fascinates me. I am just wondering how am I going to piece them together and then decide the path without turning back, or continue on this path hopefully facilitating positive change.

Willowfox, thank you for bearing with me through the questions. I hope you're having fun interpreting, boy I would do it myself if I could!

47.1.2*.4>3
I would say him.

Now this answer is interesting:

1.External adversity often evokes internal gloom. If one remains a victim of this oppressive stimulant, one is trapped interminably. Find inner light despite the outer dark.
2.Despite external well-being, internally despair and gloom exist. But an important offered opportunity can help disperse the gloom - but only if one revitalise ones inner spirit.
4. The desire to give of oneself to others has been thwarted by connections with those in fortunate circumstances. Strength will emerge to find ways of giving.

How did you get that it was him who initiated from these responses.. it shows a man in deep depression, maybe she helped him, is that so? And what does 47.4 mean, when desire to give of oneself is thwarted.. any insights is very very helpful.

thanks once again:bows: no more new questions and I mean it. Thanks for putting up with me.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
I asked Why does he want to be with me if he needs her?
60.3>5

Quite simply he doesn't know when to stop, what he sees is what he wants, he only wants to enjoy himself at the expense of others.

Is he aware that he's being selfish?
19.2*.5>3

I don't think he does realize that he is being selfish at all, he just takes life as it comes, sometimes he gets lucky, sometimes not, it would seem that he has a knack for picking up women quite easily, so why should he worry.

Does he prefer being with me or her?
1.5*>14

You have asked 2 questions here so I am not sure who he wants to be with. But my feeling is her.

Is he flirting or being serious about her?
41.6>19

This suggests a serious intent.

Is he this way, that I can expect with most girls ?
5.3>60

At heart he is a lady's man.

how can i get out of this rut and get the truth to light?
31.2.3.4.6>59

The first two lines suggest that you bide your time for the moment until some definite 'evidence" shows itself but don't bother nagging him as it will have no effect. Hex 59 says eventually the truth will be exposed.

Is she aware of her digression?
55.5*>49

This suggests that she is unaware of the situation that is just happens to be in.

Did i do anything at all to them to deserve this?
46 no changing lines.

No.

What can i learn from this episode?
2.2.5>29

I suppose learn not to expose yourself to this type of man again, be very careful who you hook up with in future, restrain your impulses, be cautious.

I like Wilhelm and Balkin.

How will the guilty party(s) have their retribution? I believe in natural laws
46.2.5*>39

Like the other answer said sometimes he is lucky and sometimes not, so nothing really fazes him as he will continue to charge ahead without thinking or caring of the consequences.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
47.1.2*.4>3
I would say him.

Now this answer is interesting:

1.External adversity often evokes internal gloom. If one remains a victim of this oppressive stimulant, one is trapped interminably. Find inner light despite the outer dark.
2.Despite external well-being, internally despair and gloom exist. But an important offered opportunity can help disperse the gloom - but only if one revitalise ones inner spirit.
4. The desire to give of oneself to others has been thwarted by connections with those in fortunate circumstances. Strength will emerge to find ways of giving.

I have never seen the above interpretation before and therefore have no idea who wrote it or where you found it, so no comment.

Anyway, i still feel he is the instigator.

spica

visitor
Reaction score
Hi willowfox,

I have never had any hookups with this man, I know 2.5 speaks of a yellow undergarment but I am unsure how else it could be interpreted. What I mean is that he has intimacy problems, by not speaking, and due to our aggrieved unresolved conflict, have stayed apart though in regular contact through telecommunications.

This man I actually love very dearly and have done so for a long time. He isn't a random hookup but a friend I sort of grew up with. This girl I speak of is also my childhood friend, so one can imagine the situation that is now happening.
One of the reasons why he wouldn't speak up, is probably as you said, that he would rather sweep things under the carpet. He has no sense that avoidance is a relationship destroyer.

This man I feel loves me, but as you said, is a ladies' man. It does come easy for him, but he has alot of restraint, at least that I know of.

I am aware that, as you said both of them like each other, and you're right he's serious about his liking her, based on a bond from young.
I actually feel that he is more compatible with her, but I was perturbed by the way he thought he could have it all, so to speak.

I don't think he had a hookup with her, but you're right regarding his "here and now" attitude. Sag qualities are strong in his chart, and he's the libra archetype, if you're into astrology.

I will just "sit" and wait, like I have been doing for years, for some semblance of "truth" that is so hidden. Actually it isn;t hidden at all, as I have mentioned she didn't hide it from me.

Also, this girl is not as innocent as you pointed out. She's one of my friends whom I have said sayonara to, and I actually feel happy doing so.

thanks for your book recommendations, and if you wish to add something please do. Would like to learn more from your expertise:) anyone else feel free to comment.

Sparhawk

One of those men your mother warned you about...
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I know 2.5 speaks of a yellow undergarment but I am unsure how else it could be interpreted.

The Yi is telling you that you need a weekend at the beach and must wear one of these:

yellow-bikini.jpg

If that man doesn't react, somebody else will... :rofl:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
anyone else feel free to comment.

I wouldn't know where to start - which of the 32 questions would you like elucidation on :rofl: theres only 32 hexagrams left to get.

spica

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks for your advices, everyone. You may pick any of the 32 (or counting) to be expanded upon because I didn't expand and focus on specific ones.
Sparhawk, would have preferred a pic of Jessica Alba in a yellow bikini... ;)
Thanks willowfox!

ben_s

visitor
Reaction score
Sparhawk,
The Yi is telling you that you need a weekend at the beach
Oh, now I understand what it means to "be firm and correct."
:D

Sparhawk

Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Sparhawk, would have preferred a pic of Jessica Alba in a yellow bikini... ;)

Hmmm. Don't tell me you are another Topal in disguise... If you are not, send me a picture and I'll decide. Besides, Jessica Alba has become waaaay too skinny for my taste... :D

Sparhawk

Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Here. That 2.5 inspired me to draw a new Yitoon. Gee, I wish I had more time to make the darn things... :D

steve

visitor
Reaction score
Leave old willowfox
you pick on someone that can decipher a code..
like mother said "
If we were all the same, what a boring world it would be Stephen

Steve

spica

visitor
Reaction score
I asked two more questions, at different times.

First: Does he love me? 19.6 (The sage approaches offering the treasure of experience. It is great good fortune to receive it.)

Is he happy having me as a partner? 51.6>21

Hmm, so what does that mean? I am still sticking to him because he is too mysterious in his moves. There's someone else whom I can move on with but I haven't gotten over this guy.

Hi sparhawk, that Yitoon is nicely done, what with that changing line, very appropriate :) Now you haven't checked up on Jessica Alba for a long time because she's just balloned up :D

Steve, I definitely am not picking on willowfox. Hope he (I'm quite sure of this!) answers
my two questions.

knotxx

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I am not willowfox, and I never have great luck with yes/no questions to the yi, but here's a shot. Bradford translates 19.6 as

Authentic commitment
Promising
Nothing wrong

And 41 to me is often about calming down, getting yourself out of a twist of emotions. I think it's saying: things are fine, but you must calm down.

I don't know (of course), but I wonder about 51.6. I mean I wonder if the yi is talking to you directly instead of answering your question. 51.6 is also about a shock that frightens you badly, and that you have not recovered from yet. But nothing bad is actually happening to you, it says.

But if it IS in answer to you, notice that 51.6 says (in hillary's key) "there are words about a marriage."

in any case, both of these lines say: nothing is wrong. And both advise calm. I think that's good advice.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).