...life can be translucent

Menu

I need help with 40 changing to 50

furrytaleinny

visitor
Reaction score
I'm thinking about a career change, and I asked the I Ching if the career I want to go into is a good direction for me. My answer was 40 changing to 50. The changing lines were the third and the sixth. I don't understand what the answer is because the two lines contradict each other. Can someone please explain what this is saying to me? I would greatly appreciate it.

Furry

M

micheline

the lines may be two separate messages, not contradicting one another. This job may be a good direction, providing you approach it in a humble way without pretensiousness or unnecessary display. With a clear and focused eye on the goal, you need only one arrow ( inherently you have what you need) to nail it dead-on.

maybe it could advise you not to appear over-qualified or to imagine you must appear more qualified than you are. keep it simple and direct in aiming for what you want.

void

visitor
Reaction score
Perhaps also it might be pointing to the manner of 'release' from the job you are currently in.

Are you angry or disgruntled in anyway with current employers ? If so you need to deal with or let go of that in order to move on. Also for some reason I feel line 3 here is warning against antagonising people in your current job/career - you might need them. I feel it might be saying don't under value the path you are already on, theres lots of useful stuff there to cook with (50) If theres been a 'trigger' factor in making you want to change, something thats made you think 'I'gotta get out of here' I feel it might be very easily dealt with, line 6, and you will return to 'normal' your usual path before you considered change. Hex 40 does ask you to think about why change is necessary - only make this change if it is really called for and if it is then do it without delay.

Just my 2pence worth

furrytaleinny

visitor
Reaction score
Dear Micheline,

Knowing myself, I can't imagine that pretentiousness would be a problem, but I have the feeling I need to watch for the possibility in my pursuit of success in this field. It isn't a new direction for me. It's a field I have already proven myself in and am returning to. But I have to learn to use a new set of tools in a new environment, and, heeding your advice, I will be ever mindful that I am 'the new kid on the block'. I thank you for your help.

Dear Void,

No, I'm not angry or disgruntled at all with my current employers. We have a relationship of mutual respect.

There is a trigger, but it's not made me think 'I gotta get out of here'. The trigger was getting a chance to dabble in the other work recently, and it's simply a matter of loving it more than I love my current work. In fact my current job will be difficult to leave and I'm in no hurry because I'm proud to be part of the team, I love the product and the pay and perks are especially good. Although I don't see how it's possible now, I am going to stay open to the possibility that I can ply my trade with the help of or within my current company. Anything is possible. Right? Thank you too for your help.

Furry

J

jesed

Hi Furry

Just in case the comment could bde useful

hex 40 points an interior situation of un-calm, anxiety, doubts; and this interior doubst are show exteriorly being active but without clarity.

That is not the best way to face a new change... but the good new is this situation would evolve to 50, where one achieve interior comprehension and exterior clarity.

In traditional teachings, one of the meanings of line 3 (Confucio's comment) is: or you take the car of the new situation, or you remain walking with the wage of the past... but you cann't take both.. chose.

And one of the meanings of line 6 is: you had achieve a liberation, and started a new path.. but then, unexpected, something from the past appears and obstacles the new time.. so you should take a decisive and energic decision to cut the past and fulfill the liberation and new life.

The way I would read: you already had chosen a new career, you want that change, but there are some doubts about leaving the past path: don't hesitate..

Best wishes

furrytaleinny

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you Jesed. Now I feel like maybe I shouldn't have asked this question. I didn't have any doubts at all after this recent dabbling. It was like a giant light bulb going on for me. I was more sure about my career direction than I have ever been before in my life. And I have a game plan in place for the transition.

But now I think maybe I should have doubts. Maybe that's what the I Ching is telling me.

Furry

J

jesed

Noooo

the other way around:
"you already had chosen a new career, ...don't hesitate.. "

J

jesed

ps

More simple:

"I asked the I Ching if the career I want to go into is a good direction for me"
Yes... don't hesitate on take that path

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).