...life can be translucent

Menu

The sun, the moon and the yarrow

buzzurro

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
These are the news: LiSe Heyboer's Yi Jing, book of sun and moon now features a beautiful online divination system called Virtual yarrow stalks (linked as Yarrowstalks, under the hexagram maps). :rolleyes:

This specimen of virtual yarrow was grown by me, LiSe, and also Hilary - who suggested the use of iframes to show the hexagram texts - from the seed of this other specimen, which I planted just one year ago, although not in an ideal environment.
I'm so glad that this new plant grew in a natural environment, by the light of both sun and moon, it's an event I want to celebrate! :)

And that's not all: it turns out that yet another specimen of virtual yarrow exists, although this one is clearly of a different variety found in North America! :p

So, to celebrate the international spreading of the virtual yarrow, an old song from an international POPular group seems appropriate (to me, of course...:D)

heylise

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Didn't realize you would post it in the 'News'. Did not see it because I haven't been here for quite some time. But of course it is where it belongs!:brickwall:

I love it, it is a beautiful oracle, and I wanted one on my website since a very long time. I use it every day now. Poor SanShan, always my favorite, gets neglected now.

I use Ewald Berkers oracle for its great "journal", very easy to enter oracles. And often the text gives another meaning for a hexagram or line.

But.. umm, well, I like my own translation most of course. That's why I made it. And I like Wilhelm a lot.

Hmm, going to ask this oracle about the translations.
About Wilhelm: 64.1,6 to 54
About mine: 54.1,6 to 64
About San Shan: 19.2 to 24.

Lol, SanShan is clear: going back to the oracle I love a lot. "With affection".
The other two are interesting. Same road the other way.
Wilhelm has its moral. It is an essential part of it. Has its good and annoying sides. It can feel very 54-like. But to get there you have to find a way through chaos. Nice way to describe a reading.

Mine is chaos :rofl:
And to deal with that you have to 54 :mischief:

LiSe

Sparhawk

One of those men your mother warned you about...
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
About San Shan: 19.2 to 24.

LiSe

Oh my... Amazing. I can't believe how some can use the Yi everyday and not see the magic within. Isn't that some sort of illogical contradiction? I mean, either one believes the whole of it or none at all.

Wow, spooky and sentient-like of the Yi to answer like that...

heylise

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
No, impossible not to see it, unless you don't want to.

I started with Yi (long ago) with lots of doubts, used it because of its wisdom but hardly believed it could actually answer. More like Chris says: every hexagram applies, you make it apply yourself. That was already a huge beautiful thing, that your mind was able to find answers in random things.

But now I feel humble about universe and how it works and pervades everything and how it connects with small dumb me with some coins asking for an answer.

LiSe

buzzurro

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Didn't realize you would post it in the 'News'. Did not see it because I haven't been here for quite some time. But of course it is where it belongs!:brickwall:
Sorry, I should have sent you a PM... :eek:

I love it, it is a beautiful oracle, and I wanted one on my website since a very long time.
Thanx for appreciating... :hug:

I use Ewald Berkers oracle for its great "journal", very easy to enter oracles. And often the text gives another meaning for a hexagram or line.
This reminds me of something a wanted to write a few months ago: when I saw Ewald's journaling software I almost regretted having bought the license for Total Yijing. And his online Virtual Coins are great too. :bows:

:eek: You know what, I've always thought of your translation and Wilhelm's one as being sort of complementary opposites... of course I do agree with you and Luis on the magic... but now I'll have to figure out how to 54... :confused:

mollies

visitor
Reaction score
Buzzurro and Lise

Very very fine piece of work, these Virtual yarrow stalks!!
Thanks so much. It works fast, it's fun to do and makes the Yi even more accessable.

Carin

buzzurro

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Very very fine piece of work, these Virtual yarrow stalks!!
Thanks so much. It works fast, it's fun to do and makes the Yi even more accessable.

Er... sorry for the delay... thank you very much! :eek:

Starting from december 24 I've been through a very long 33 time, and during this time I've been working on yet another version of Virtual yarrow stalks! :)

It is the one referred to as the full version, and it's available in two different fashions, on LiSe's site and on my free Geocities space.

Some minor modifications were also made to the old simple version.
Enjoy! :bows:

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Lovely! Especially with the slower animation (maybe you could set the default slower?).

I cast my reading for the week there, and received 45 unchanging. Really funny and apt, as I'm just inviting Change Circle members to post suggestions and requests for gatherings -
http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/friends/showthread.php?t=7459

buzzurro

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Hilary, thank you so much! :blush:
I've just set the default speed to 1/4 second delay on my free web space: easier done than said! :D
Not easy to decide what the default speed should be, it also depends on the browser, os, cpu...

Looking forward to start bothering you again with some assignment from the Yijing course ;)

buzzurro

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Latest news!

Here I go again with yet another update: Geocities has announced it will shut down on october 26. This means that if I want to keep a personal site I'll have to subscribe to another free hosting service.

Now, my personal Geocities site only contains the two versions of Virtual yarrow stalks, and nothing else.

The same two scripts, although with a different look, will remain available on LiSe's site, along with her outstanding translation and her precious articles about the Yijing, that is a much better place for an online divination tool to be.

So, what would be the point in opening a new personal site just for those two scripts...?
I'm not sure, but I'm thinking that letting that little site disappear is probably the best thing to do...

Last edited:

heylise

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Now there is also a coins oracle. Emanuele did a wonderful job, it looks very very pretty. And it works wonderfully.

I have been tumbling the coins over and over again just for fun.

buzzurro

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! :bows:

I'm so happy to see this new thing online, programming it has been a lot of fun, and I hope it will be helpful too...

Now I guess Happy With What You Have To Be Happy With could be more appropriate, but I like The ConstruKction of Light better...

heylise

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I also gave the link to the coins HERE, because I thought it would easily be overlooked in the I Cing News part. I did myself before, I only look here occasionally. But I guess two threads is confusing. Will post "over there" that the thread goes on "over here".

hattah

visitor
Reaction score
I love the coins!

I will have to try the yarrow next. The answer I received to my question "What can I do to make my next work week successful?" ...well I am still chuckling. I received Hex 5 Xu "Waiting for a break in the weather"

It tickled me because all it has done in Maine this summer is RAIN! And my job has to do with people who come to recreate, camp, canoe whatever. So we have spent a lot of time waiting for it to stop raining.

I had two changing lines and they both made me laugh out loud because 9 at 2 covers completely the atmosphere I am working in at this time and 9 at 5 is the only way to deal with any of it.

Wonderful! :D

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).