...life can be translucent

Menu

Is the source for Yi and Tarot the same???

S

seeker

I think I mentioned in another post that I sometimes ask the same question to Tarot if I am not entirely clear on Yi's answer and vice versa. I just sometimes understand one better than the other and it helps get a clearer picture.

However, it occurred to me that I was assuming this was ok because I think of them as 2 different oracles, like asking to different people. But if they have the same source, wouldn't that me like asking Yi the same question over and over, something I have often been guilty of doing.

If not, then what do you do when the answers differ greatly and you can't make a connection. For instance, I asked Yi about a situation long term and got 46.5, but the same question for Tarot pulled a final outcome of the hanged man in reverse. I can't see a relationship between the 2 answers, but maybe I am just being obtuse.

yly2pg1

visitor
Reaction score
Hi seeker,

Yi or Tarot both have the same source, if you practice them yourself.

I use Tarot as a reference too.
And I would do that every once a week when I visit my old friend who has been practising Tarot for the last 30 years. Both should be giving you the same answer but sometimes in different perspective.

We always tempted to ask the same question over and over again, worse still in a day!
In that case, Yi will give you more doubts than clarity.
This is my experience.

One of a good way to get a quality reading with Yi, in terms of timing, is after meditation.
Some people do it early in the morning. Some prefer to do that after a short period of fasting.
Bottom line, the mind is clear and calm. And the connection with the future realm could be
established via Yi.

Frankelmick

visitor
Reaction score
Seeker,

Just my thoughts.

I think that 46,5 asks you to be patient with yourself and to proceed slowly and appropriately.

Then everything will be just fine.

When you asked the Tarot the same question, perhaps you received an extra bit of information to supplement the I Ching reading.

XII The Hanged Man represents a time when you have to wait and be patient. You can't force the issue. "Winter is here, Spring will come soon".

But maybe XII The Hanged Man <U>reversed</U> is an image of you as someone who can sometimes be unwilling to trust and be patient.

Maybe a useful meditation would be to visualise XII The Hanged Man turning so that the person is hanging by their foot, waiting patiently?

As I say, just my thoughts, but I hope that some of this is useful to you.

Best wishes,

Mick

pagan

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Seeker,
In my experience the Tarot and the ICHING and Astrology all give very different focus. This is why I have a hard time with a one-to-one correlation from astrology to Tarot to ICHING. Its like comparing a house and a car. Yes they both have windows and doors and seats, and I suppose you can travel with a house and live in a car but not efficiently. And you can find a 'symbolic' motor in a house, and a 'symbolic' kitchen in a car, but so what? In most cases it is best to use the house for what it is and a car for what it is and allow them their differences.

As it applies to Tarot for me, I notice that the ICHING gives me a peak at the maximum benefit that can come out of the present situation I am asking about. The Tarot seems to lay it out in terms of what it 'looks like' now and in the future, but is less direct in giving the 'solution' to the problem, and much better in giving finer details of an question. Like you see the people involved as for example, the queen of wands or the King of swords, so you can pin down a little better who is influencing the question and how.

Astrology gives you a really good notion of when a situation began and when it will end by looking at the transiting planets. It tells a lot about timing. Often with astrology I say "well I don't know what is going to happen but I can sure tell you when it will be over".
P.

S

seeker

Thanks for all the input, interesting ideas I will have to mull over. Winter is here, Spring will come, hmmmm. I saw something like that in an I Ching reading recently as well. Certainly is accurate. Right now I am waiting for the solstice to see what happens. I have gotten 24 a few times in the last few months, and it popped up again a couple of times recently. I know the times in I Ching are not always literal, but I think this one might be, though not sure what it means. Guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).