...life can be translucent

Menu

hex 27 does this mean go for it?

diamondlion

visitor
Reaction score
this is my first time using this site. I asked what is the likley outcome of a specific new career path, one in which i find exciting but not prepared for at all. (someone suggested i might be good at it). and i got the hex. 27 with no changing lines. Part of me really wants a career change but i put up so many obstacles for myself that i doubt it can or will happen. What is hex 27 telling me and where can i go from here?

Thanks.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Welcome!

I say 27 is telling you to nourish your dream and not feed your self negative suggestions. If you think you can or you think you can't you're both right.

D

diamanda

To me it sounds like saying "pick a job that will nourish you".
Or, "this job will nourish you".
If you're certain it will bring in the money for you, go for it.
27 is mainly about sustaining oneself.
If this was the ideal job for you, i'd personally expect a 48 or something.
Of course one can always take nourishment metaphorically.
But in my experience, 27 is a hexagram quite 'practical' in nature usually.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I think 27 unchanging asks you to consider very carefully your needs in life and how this new career path will affect your nourishment on all levels. I don't think its a prediction, its saying figure out what you need, how will this career fulfill those needs.

Very often 27 refers to money, our physical survival needs so thats something to look in to. And then how it nurtures other areas, you know it provides excitement but how tiring is it etc etc. What you think are obstacles maybe actually practical realistic considerations that you can't simply dismiss without thought.

diamondlion

visitor
Reaction score
nourishing words

I meditated on your responses last night. As well, i read thomas Cleary"s Taoist I-Ching. 's I felt that I was being asked to nourish the possibility of the query. If it is something i am seeking, seek it further and develop it more. Nourish the thought of it and put some thoughts into action, maybe take some steps. I think by doing this i will be nourished. More of a emotional and spiritual nourishment though. I am not feeling it as a financial nourishment in any way. Which I am also considering. Perhaps the I -ching wants me to nourish my wallet, which this prospect would not do for some years being that it requires schooling. Do you have any suggestions for further clarifying the answer?

peace

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
Hexagram 27, no moving lines

Welcome to this site, Diamondlion!

Getting hex 27 with no moving lines means that your concept is perfectly well-balanced.

Let me explain: The lower three lines of hex 27 refer to your nourishing yourself, on the practical level, in the sense of earning your daily bread; providing for yourself. The upper three lines refer to your receiving and giving spiritual, cultural, educational, literary, psychological and other types of higher nourishment to others. Your field, I take it, has something to do with words, perhaps writing or teaching, and maybe giving metaphorical "nourishment" to others. Either that, or you are in the restaurant business! Ha!

Hexagram 27 means: what goes in and out of an open mouth. That could be food. That could be words. That could be encouragement. That could be inspiration. The words that come out of our mouths depend entirely on what we put into our minds. In the case of hex 27 with no moving lines, all is perfectly balanced and well-modulated.

Best of luck to you! Your concept is looking real good to the I Ching! :bows:

diamondlion

visitor
Reaction score
interesting barbara

thank you for the insight Barbara,

The career in question is actually eastern medicine/ accupuncture.

I really enjoy learning new insights into the I-Ching. You say the bottom hexagram addresses the self and the upper is conserned with others. Since my answer had no old lines you say it is perfectly balanced. I'm still learning about this. Perhaps since there is nothing changing there is no going forward. "Lower Jaw/ Nourish" Makes me feel like i have to nourish myself first. If i nourish myself then i can nourish others. Talking about my ideas and about eastern medicine can nourish me and in that way i am feeding myself. The thing i'm getting hung up on though, is that i am used to having to hexagrams. he first has represented the present moment and the second i take to represent what is likely to happen. Not having a second hexagram kind of throws me off. I havn't come acrooss that yet.

D

diamanda

Since it is unchanged, it strongly shows you that the most crucial point
here is to consider and secure your (physical and practical) nourisment
and survival. You said you will have to study for years, so it makes total
sense to concentrate first and foremost on how you are going to find and
secure money for food/rent/survival, for all those years of study. Of
course ideas and studies etc can "nourish the soul", but in order to do
that we need to make sure we remain alive first ;)

javalava

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Perhaps since there is nothing changing there is no going forward.

I doubt that. The Yijing has plenty of ways to say "stop" if it needs to. No, I think Barbara is right -- your enquiry is just where you should be, neither too strong nor too yielding. Perhaps its time for asking Yi some more questions?

As your new to the site, you may like to look at Choosing a question.

diamondlion

visitor
Reaction score
nourishing of course

thank you diamanda and javalava

Diamanda, i like what you said. If i understand you well then an unchanging hexagram adresses the "basic" needs. An unchanging 27 is saying i must first secure basic nourishment. I first need money and food in the here and now (which is funny because i am unemployed). I feel trapped by my circumstances. Oh well.

I do think i will think of some other questions in the line of guidance.

Thanks all

javalava

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I feel trapped by my circumstances. Oh well.

Or maybe your circumstances contain exactly the kind of problems, prompts and triggers you need? Though those "opportunities" are not always what we want! ;)

Good luck and I hope it comes clear for you.

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
Static Hexagrams

Static hexagrams are indeed hard to interpret. There can be many reasons why you got the static form of this hexagram.

You got hexagram 27 in general because it is about correcting your way of earning a living. If you look at the meanings of all six lines, only the top line is a clear signal to go ahead, but that position is the place of one who is already engaged in the service of other people. If you are sure you wish not only to provide for yourself but also take care of patients, which is a calling of considerable responsibility, the Yi has endorsed your plan as well-balanced. The Yi does not make certain decisions for us. It's not easy being a doctor. The "go ahead" can only come from you.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).