...life can be translucent

Menu

61 unchanging

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
In your own readings how do you take 61 unchanging ? I know it depends on question but in your personal Yi shorthand, in a nutshell, can you summarise the message ?
Is it 'trust yourself' ? I tend to find unchanging hexagrams in answers pretty much to the point...what do you think the basic point is when you get it ?

Yours Sincerely T

alev

visitor
Reaction score
Hi trojan,
I have gotten this hex unchanging before when i have asked questions about what to do about a situation or when I have asked before "is this the correct path for me to take or the right thing for me to do?" and I always interpreted it exactly like you said, to trust myself. Basically, when i got this hex in these situations I felt like the message to me was to relax and find inner clarity because the answer is inside myself and I already know the truth, I just need to do away with the doubts, fears etc that can mislead me. And these situatinos that I had asked about were pretty big decisions that had made me anxious to do the right thing, so I did feel comforted with getting this hex because I felt like it meant that would trust my intuition and make the right decision.

Thats been my take on it based on the times it has come up for me, but I admit the Image has confused me at times when it talks about criminal cases. But it does say that forgiveness is the highest form of justice and mentions a higher understanding. Which kind of falls in line with getting in touch with your inner self too.

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree with Alev.

I love this Hex. It's saying "Look you know how you're feeling about this - deep down - so trust it." It's wrong...Or it's right... depending on the instinct or "inner-tuition."

I've always got this one in relation to trusting myself more and letting things work out by relinquishing control. So often about wanting to control and outcome. It's also the one that could symbolise the soul, the focus of inner change that is constantly and gently knocking on the door of our petulant personality.

Have FAITH dear child...Have FAITH! :D

Yours faithfully,

Topal

D

diamanda

Similar for me.
"You already know the truth about this, deep down".
I find i often get it when i'd like the truth of a situation to be different than it is.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Ah thanks all, actually it would be good if it says this :) to go by my instinct

Last edited:

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
Really Listen

Static 61 means to me: Become totally open. Really listen (to the other person) and you will learn something.

I remember I once got static 61 before going to a meeting at which I thought I'd learn a lot from an expert, and I thought there was some possibility of forming a business alliance of some kind with this consultant. I participated in the workshop with great enthusiasm, having gotten hex 61.

Unfortunately, what the man said in his lecture meant rather bad news for the company I was representing. Nevertheless, it was important that the facts had become clear early on.

Some people seem to think getting hex 61 is "wonderful," but it doesn't mean that anything will ever come of it other than gaining an insight. The insight may or may not make you happy. But it will certainly be the truth. :eek:

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Some people seem to think getting hex 61 is "wonderful," but it doesn't mean that anything will ever come of it other than gaining an insight. The insight may or may not make you happy. But it will certainly be the truth. :eek:

Good point. The route to real truth is seldom pretty. In fact, very often a battle-ground. lol.

Topal

martin

(deceased)
Reaction score
To me 61 has a lot to do with intimacy. Being intimate with self and others and everything.
From that comes sincerity. And truth. But it's not like the truth-seeking of science or a court. The atmosphere is different, warm, friendly, safe, not judgemental.
Perhaps less intellectual too (feeling is involved), and more personal, although not necessarily subjective. The safe etcetera atmosphere promotes objectivity. Nothing to fear.

What is the message of 61 unchanged?
Perhaps something like "be friendly and intimate with yourself, others, everything"? :)

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
Two Dolphins

Following up on what Martin just said, hexagram 61 is sometimes called Two Dolphins. Dolphins are intelligent and playful. They are said to save swimmers in trouble in the water. We instinctively feel safer around dolphins, is it not true? "Warm, friendly, safe, and nonjudgmental," I believe Martin said.

Yet, there is that impartiality of the truth, too. The human desire coming into contact with the non-human aspect, that impartiality of the spirit world or the animal world, or even the corporate world for that matter. Because the hexagram shows a mediating space where things that are different are able to come together and connect. What comes of that connection is an insight or glimpse into the truth.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
If it is simply 'be true' thats good enough for me. Thanks folks :)

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
Hear the truth

I find i often get it when i'd like the truth of a situation to be different than it is.

Trojan,

Yes, be true. That's understood.

But also: Hear the truth

Yasmin

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I have had 61UC several times about a situation which was not as I wished it to be. At first, I got out of denial, but was not at peace about it at all! Then each time I drew 61UC about this situation, I discovered a deeper layer of truth. Until I reached the deep understanding and forgiveness stage mentioned in the image. Inner clarity and acceptance. My perception about the situation evolved considerably along the way... The truth can be multilayered, and it can take several rounds to get to the bottom of things, sometimes!

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
ooh interesting this old thread came from years back. If I get 61 uc now it still doesn't mean a whole lot to me as an answer despite all the feedback here. Suppose I have to live it to know it

I must continue with the Unchanging Threads in Exploring Divination so I can get to 61 again and get a load more answers on it ..... :D

S

sooo

Since I still don't know what "the truth" is, I must still rely on the truth in me. When the truth in me matches in a timely way with the truth of another, there's sharing of this truth energy, but personal differences typically split them apart again eventually. That's been my observation anyway.

F

flipflops

I asked "what had I needed to know about him" about someone who I thought I could trust and discovered I was later deceived by and received 61UC - I take this to mean that I had needed to connect deeply and truthfully with myself and to trust my deep instincts, that I had ignored.. the danger for me with this casting is that I might have wanted to believe it meant that he was truthful - rather than it being a clear message that I had needed to reflect inwards, connect and trust my deep instincts about him (pay heed to dreams for example).

D

diamanda

Since this thread, I had an interesting occurrence of 61 unchanging. Not very recently, but it definitely made an impression and I still remember it. There was a particular piece of information I needed to hide from a particular authority figure. I was very worried that they would manage to find out. I asked, "will I manage to keep this a secret from them?". I got 61 unchanging. I took it to mean that yes, the truth will remain hidden, within. And that's how it played out, I succeded in doing that.

CheersC

visitor
Reaction score
Static 61 means to me: Become totally open. Really listen (to the other person) and you will learn something. I remember I once got static 61 before going to a meeting at which I thought I'd learn a lot from an expert, and I thought there was some possibility of forming a business alliance of some kind with this consultant. I participated in the workshop with great enthusiasm, having gotten hex 61. Unfortunately, what the man said in his lecture meant rather bad news for the company I was representing. Nevertheless, it was important that the facts had become clear early on. Some people seem to think getting hex 61 is "wonderful," but it doesn't mean that anything will ever come of it other than gaining an insight. The insight may or may not make you happy. But it will certainly be the truth. :eek:
Hello! So to you it meant you would have had clear ideas after that

CheersC

visitor
Reaction score
I asked "what had I needed to know about him" about someone who I thought I could trust and discovered I was later deceived by and received 61UC - I take this to mean that I had needed to connect deeply and truthfully with myself and to trust my deep instincts, that I had ignored.. the danger for me with this casting is that I might have wanted to believe it meant that he was truthful - rather than it being a clear message that I had needed to reflect inwards, connect and trust my deep instincts about him (pay heed to dreams for example).
Thanks

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).