...life can be translucent

Menu

hexagram 32>2 relationship question

kardani

visitor
Reaction score
I'm still in a learning phase, so I still occasionally get stuck and that's when I come here for a better understanding...

back story--My boyfriend and I just recently broke up over a pretty petty fight. he however, is swearing it's over for good. He is emotionally very repressed and so I believe that this dramatic breakup is not the ending, since we have had breakups in the past only to come back together stronger than ever...but I am unclear, because he is insisting not this time.

question-Will we get over this? What will the future hold?

32-2.3.4 changing to 2

The enduring phase (32) is ending and this breakup (2) is our future? :eek:

This is not at all what my intuition is telling me...Is this correct?

zander

visitor
Reaction score
question-Will we get over this? What will the future hold?
32.2-try and center yourself.
32.3-don't resist what the situation is as it stands now.
32.4-no need to take the initiative to turn things around, better to leave things as is.
2-the overall theme is about being receptive and accepting about the current status of your relationship.
You need to clear your head first, and make no assumptions.

kardani

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks zander. You may be right. I do have a 100 thoughts in my head currently.

I just thought 32.4 was accepting that there is no potential left. And 2 , other than about being receptive, it is also about a breakup...I'm still learning though...thank you for the interpretation.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe it will go on as before but perhaps 32.4 is asking 'do you want this anyway'...is this really nourishing you. In my experience 32.4 does seem to indicate what you want just isn't there. 32.3 points to someone not behaving well, being at fault to a degree i think in being too changeable/whimsical/capricious. I don't know if that refers to him but breaking it off totally over a minor thing..?...perhaps this space might give you a bit of time to think over what you really feel about this behaviour. ( I do tend to find 32.3 quite clearly points out fault in my own or others behaviour..usually mine lol, but its one of the few lines i think where fault is that clear...to me anyway, it might just be something like not following through what you said you would do etc)

Last edited:

kardani

visitor
Reaction score
Yes these are all things I need to consider...hexagram 32 is a difficult one to understand. I know it is great in terms of a committed relationship...so in terms of a break up, as a response, I imagine it is not good.

for example, if I had phrased the question "will X find his way back to me?" and then gotten 32 as the answer, I'm assuming it mean...No he will not because our breakup will endure? Is that correct?

U

unsubscribed_cm

Let me have a shot at this - But I could be totally wrong.

32 is about a permanent situation or dealing with one - perseverance.

32.2 sounds like the situation is not your fault or something unusual is going on. Something excessive is going on that is not working. I myself wouldn't say that would be the relationship.

32.3 again sounds like someone is ... uh... (I get this line allot) moody.

32.4 I would assume that this means this is a empty situation.

Perseverance seems to me to mean don't give up on something.

Resulting hexagram 2 means allow things to take shape out of the formlessness of it all.

marien

visitor
Reaction score
Yes these are all things I need to consider...hexagram 32 is a difficult one to understand. I know it is great in terms of a committed relationship...so in terms of a break up, as a response, I imagine it is not good.

Kardani, I wouldn't take it as a good or bad type answer. I think it's more about your attitude, and whether or not you want to give endurance to the relationship. I once had the same reading about finding an apartment. I had been looking for a month with no luck, and was just about out of hope and patience. I had 32 > 2 one morning after asking "will I find an apartment today?" With that 32.4 especially I thought of giving up completely, though ended up pushing myself to go out and look. Turns out I did find a place that day, the one where I've been living since. Sometimes the Yi is just showing our attitude, or the recent influences that have created the situation. In this case hex 2 says it's up to you. It's all about giving form to things, rather than being in a passive or subordinate position. Maybe the lines mean something different in your situation, though I hope you won't give up the effort if the relationship is worthwhile for you.

Best of luck,
Mary

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score

for example, if I had phrased the question "will X find his way back to me?" and then gotten 32 as the answer, I'm assuming it mean...No he will not because our breakup will endure? Is that correct?

I think it tends to means things go on as they have been. Re your question thats very difficult to know if it refers to the break up continuing or the relationship continuing. Theres no easy answer, its the part you have to figure out for yourself. Whatever is usual continues. But in this case i think you also have to take the lines into account..32,3 is someone chopping and changing..so it may perfectly describe his behaviour continuing as it has in the past... he wants to break up, then he gets together again...and this isn't really a good way to go about things..but in the end i think you have to figure what was really ongoing, continuing..sounds like what continues is his vacillation

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
A Steady Character

sounds like what continues is his vacillation

Hexagram 32 unchanging could be read as a command: "Make up your mind about this relationship!"

Steven Karcher speaks of hexagram 32 in terms of "fixing the omen." In other words, if one is given a gift, like someone's friendship or loyalty, then one should really try to remember this friendship and not throw it out the window at the first sign of discomfort or difficulty, which I personally have a tendency to do and have done.

32.4 is an interesting line. Getting it, you will either give up right then -- or you will refuse to give up.

If you don't give up, your configuration turns into hexagram 2, not seeing things in terms of who is right and who is wrong. It is to be more steady and nonjudgmental.

I am thinking right now of hexagram 11, line 3. Hexagram 11 is translated as peace and flourishing, all wonderful things. But line 3 in hexagram 11 says that even when things are usually "level" that there will come a "slope." This means to me that in a way we always expect too much, at least I do. We want always to be content and satisfied, forgetting that quite frequently we'll be disappointed, frustrated, or even badly shaken up by a relationship. It' s all a part of the process and if one can just take it all with an impartial frame of mind without judging it, then one has developed a steady character, much to be desired.

kardani

visitor
Reaction score
I truly have some clarity after this "session". I am not in a place as of now to leave OR continue...so I feel it is best that I just quiet my mind or RESTRAIN it (lol) and then let the situation take shape on it's own. As of now I really do not have any power. I tried to resolve our issues but he wasn't interested in doing so. So all I can do now is just sit tight and wait, and maybe while I'm waiting I'll come to some sort of epiphany about him and I.

Thanks to all for being so selfless.

kardani

visitor
Reaction score
It's now 2011...and this actually meant exactly as Trojan said....i was in long term situation (32) but that I needed to figure out what was best for me, bc the situation as it was currently, was no longer working.

dragona

visitor
Reaction score
Could you elaborate a bit, please, i got lines 2 and 3 and seems quite an simillar situation...having a hard time with it. Thank you, d.

Shalom

visitor
Reaction score
Hi , I'm after getting this after a break up. If your still around can you tell me if you stayed apart or got back together?

Thanks

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).