...life can be translucent

Menu

I Ching computer programs or mobile phone applications?

lynng

visitor
Reaction score
I am new to I Ching and very new to this web site. I must thank Hilary and all those who contribute for the wonderful resources you make available.

I am learning how to program applications for the Apple iPhone and am interested in developing an I Ching app as my first project. I've seen and tried a couple I Ching apps from the iTunes store, but I really have little experience to make a good judgment as to whether these apps are legit or useful.

Have any of you any experience with an I Ching computer program or a mobile phone application? I'm very curious as to what you might think about the whole idea of a computerized reading and whether you have found any good programs or applications out there. What do or do you not like about them? Would you ever use one?

My apologies in advance if my inquiry is posted to the wrong discussion or whether it is even appropriate for this web site. I do wish to learn more, and this community seems like a good place to start. Recommendations, anyone?

Thank you so much,
Lynn G.
Rochester, Minnesota USA

lynng

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks for your patience

Being a newbie to this web site, I'll have to admit that I might have posted my inquiry a little too soon. An exploration of other discussions in this forum shows that this topic has been discussed before. I'll be sure to read those threads. In the meantime, if you have any comments in this regard, particularly about apps on the iPhone, please do let me know your opinion.

Thanks,
Lynn G.
Rochester, Minnesota USA

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
No experience myself, but I do know that Mark McElroy was looking for such a thing and expressing dissatisfaction with what's on offer at present. (He said so on Twitter.) So maybe you could ask him.

lynng

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. Yi Jing - Book of Changes is an excellent iPhone app!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).