...life can be translucent

Menu

Hex 7.6 : What Should I Do to Get the Job at X?

laylab

visitor
Reaction score
I have an interview for a job in a place that I very much want to relocate to (I used to live there).

I asked: What should I do to get the Job?

and got hexagram 7 The Army, Changing line 6

Rosada said about this line:

"7.6 Ultimately you will recognize and be able to organize your world to provide you with nourishment on a continuing basis.

This last idea, that 7.6 is about finding/creating a world that will sustain us is what I think is the point of hex. 7. That is, while there's a lot of talk about armies and corpses, this isn't a hexagram about fighting. It's about how to survive. The image tells us that the superior man increases his masses not by slaughtering an enemy, but by his generosity toward the people. So ultimately the lesson here is on how to work together, how to create a team and establish a fief."

ok..that sounds positive but how does that help me figure out what I need to DO?

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
7.6: "Inferior people should not be employed."
20. View.
I see 7.6 - 20 as describing the whole interviewing process. I think the I Ching is telling you to apply and let them see you and you see them. I'm assuming that then if you are a good match this will lead to you being offered a position.

The Bach flower essence Wild Oat is often prescribed for finding one's right work. Add Wild Rose and Rock Rose and the $$$ will pour in. :)

laylab

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks Rosada. I have some Bach remedies at home and will check to see if I have the ones you mentioned.

I already applied and they approached me for an interview so at least I know that whatever they saw on my CV interested them. Now I just have to present myself to them in a way that fits what they are looking for.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
In that case it sounds to me as though all you have to DO is go in there...

20. Lookin' Good!

Perhaps this inconclusive advice is indicating there will be further interviews. Maybe this initial one is just a Look-See and that the NEXT round will be the one requiring more careful attention to detail.

Meanwhile
Aspen and Mimulus are for when you're feeling kinda fearful..
r.

Last edited:

sveet

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
*not letting me edit: many years not navy years

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US