...life can be translucent

Menu

Faery Wisdom Oracle?

B

bruce

Before you guffaw the notion that faeries exist or that they can have legitimate value as an oracle, consider the writing of a friend of mine: Jessica Macbeth. I first met Jessica about 3 years ago, and learned of her work in this area. At first I was very skeptical of this deck of cards and Faery Oracle she had written, illustrated by well known and respected artist: Brian Froud. That is, until I was going through a personal crisis, and Jessica offered a reading from her cards. The reading?s message was pivotal in the direction my life took from that point on. Very powerful. It opened my mind not only to the nature of oracles in general, but to the more faery-like subtle influences at work in the psyche, as illustrated by Jessica and Mr. Froud.

Jessica?s insight goes beyond flighty and ill-grounded fantasies, common among new age philosophers and seekers of ether realms. As a practicing Buddhist, her connections to faeries is both metaphorical and very real; not so unlike the Yijing we all love. In fact, the similarities are striking. Consider this tiny sprig off the tree:

?What this is about...
He. She.
Balances.
Yin/yang.
Universal polarities
in all things.
Opposites
attracting
Oneness.

This is a path for working with the natural cycles of the Sun and the Moon, through the wheel of the day, the month, the year. Cycles run through everything we do?conception, birth, growing, blossoming, fruiting, harvest, and returning to the earth. It happens with each breath we take and with all the major and minor cycles and events of our lives.

As we work with the energies of God and Goddess in ourselves and in the world, through the awareness of sun and moon magic, we become truly aware that there are points of power in the movements of energy - and those points are always in the moment, the powerful now, the present here, the only place where change is ever possible.?

If you would like to know more about Jessica and her work, here are a couple of links:

Faery Wisdom
Amazon.com

Bruce

heylise

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Love this. It is the kind of 'book' I wish I could have made myself. Recognition everywhere. And which may be a very valuable addition to the Yi. They are very different, and yet so many things are so similar. In unity I see hex.64 and 1, as if they cooperate. The sage like 58 and 26. And probably they spread over more hexagrams at a time. The other way the same thing happens. As if Yi and the faeries share space. Which of course they do.

Thanks
LiSe

M

micheline

my irish grandmother, who came to america all by herself at the age of 17, taught me about the wee faerie folk, and they have been whispering in my ear ever since. Love the site, Bruce. Thank you.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).