...life can be translucent

Menu

Acting on instinct 4.5,6 > 29

em ching

visitor
Reaction score
I asked what is the crux (behind the concept) of acting on instinct?
4.5,6 >29

I often don't allow my impulses to direct my actions.
Is it saying that that you must do this, in order to express yourself and even if sometimes things go wrong at least you've learned?
(rather than denying a bit of life by being too cautious? That would also correlate with 29 which I think says you shouldn't be afraid to explore the furtherst corners even if they are dark?

:rolleyes::confused:

:bows:

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
You throw caution to the wind and jump head first into the action, in the firm belief that it will all work out okay, so you confidently cross a busy street as you feel/know that no car will touch you. Like a child who is always sure that no harm will ever befall them, so they show no fear, no hesitation, they just leap without looking or considering the consequences of their actions.
So people act impulsively in the belief that they are indeed doing the right thing, it's a matter of faith.

my_key

visitor
Reaction score
I asked what is the crux (behind the concept) of acting on instinct?
4.5,6 >29

Perhaps MENG needs to answer this one.;)

For you the crux behind acting on instinct may be something like this

4 - Allowing the hidden fruit to ripen
4.5 -You have voiced your concerns, accepted your immaturity this is the first step towards bringing in a new experience for you
4.6 - By worrying too much about it you have to be careful that you don't block it happening now. Just relax about it and let it all happen naturally.
29 - Be aware that you might just be repeating old habits that you have to challange.

Mike

em ching

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks My Key :) What you say about repeating the old habits - are you referring to a lack of self-confidence which has resulted reluctance to act on how I feel, which needs to be changed? I need to go back to a state of childhood impulsiveness when I didn't see danger around every corner and sometimes generally mistrusting myself and others too hastily? Maybe it's just saying I need to free my inner child from my habit of drowning in the abysmal which impedes my action - and thinking about it in this way is not conducive to acting! So yeah - relax and go with the flow.. sums up the Yi! Allow yourself to be a student of the world (4) no matter how dangerous it may be (29).

Willowfox - that's a nice way to put it, do you think the reading is highlighting what is good about acting impulsively? ie placing trust in the Way, in a way, as a child would before he is dogged down (or allows himself to be). Faith is good, but is then checked as you grow older and have to acknowledge the darker shades of life and experience. Perhaps its saying even asking this question is a product of my returning to bad habits of self doubt etc. I need to free up that instinctive nature of being which is more fun and results in growth as you're more open to experience.

Thanks both. I suppose I ask because often I'm inclined to do or say something but then check myself - it's finding the balance I find tricky. Knowing when I'm acting impulsively because my ego wants something; or because I want to influence someone, or whether I'm just being creative or expressing my true self.

Well I know it comes from over-analysing :rolleyes:
But it is hard to know what to listen to, (the voices in your head that is) but yeah - 29 could be referring to my bad habit of turning everything - thoughts, motives etc into a negative, or something with a hidden agenda - rather than having allowing childlike expression through without fear or expectation - that's acting free of ego I suppose.

Independence is also key here and maybe that is expressed in hex 4 - where the student becomes gradually ready to act independently and go ahead fearlessly.
Sounds good.

:bows:

my_key

visitor
Reaction score
Hey Em Ching
It sounds like you have started to get a real handle on this reading, what it is saying to you. You've got a whole heap of new tunes to play now.

Be Well
Mike

em ching

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks.
Think it comes down to trusting yourself, no matter what.. within reason.

Mira72

visitor
Reaction score
This is a beautiful answer by the yi. Good question, too.

It seems to me that acting on instinct (which might be slightly different from being impulsive...) comes from a (good) place of not knowing, and proceeding without assumptions. Open yet cautious...not defensive.

Enmity is a learned mechanism...it is not natural. nature is not inimical to itself. enmity is entirely a construct of the human mind...so instinct works when we are not fearful, but open. instinctual living, might be the highest form of not knowing? but since that place of profound not knowing might even be the highest form of living, we may not always be 'there', it is qualifying, delineating the difference between instinct (natural) and impulse (tendencies).

It is a pretty comprehensive and conclusive answer.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).