Default 58. Tui / The Joyous, Lake

58. Tui / The Joyous, Lake

-- --
    ----- above TUI THE JOYOUS, LAKE
    -----
    -- --
    ----- below TUI THE JOYOUS, LAKE
    -----

This hexagram, like Sun, is one of the eight formed by doubling of a trigram. The trigram Tui denotes the youngest daughter; it is symbolized by the smiling lake, and its attribute is joyousness. Contrary to appearances, it is not the yielding quality of the top line that accounts for the joy here. The attribute of the yielding or dark principle is not joy but melancholy. However, joy is indicated by the fact that there are two strong lines within, expressing themselves through the medium of gentleness.
    True joy, therefore, rests on firmness and strength within, manifesting itself outwardly as yielding and gentle.

True joy, therefore, rests on firmness and strength within, manifesting itself outwardly as yielding and gentle.
    -Wilhelm

Default Hex 58 from its line structure...

Here is an intriguing hexagram with so many special features and symbolism. Also a hexagram that is generally either very clear or very obscure when it comes up as an Oracle . The deep lake may smile in waves on its surface, but its depths are not easy to see into.

From its structure, it has 4 Yang lines and thus it is process with two open Yin places in the third and final positions. The open Yin third place removes the personal or individual power or pressure pushing the process to be about individual self-expression.

The open Yin final place keeps the process from moving on to what comes next. This represents discussion without either a direction to go all the way toward what comes next or express what is truly individual passion and personal motivation.

It is the friendly happy hour discussion without anyone intensely scoping out who can be hit upon and taken home. Therefore a great open community chat.

Frank
    I Ching hexagram meaning from line structure
    and King Wen Sequence Explained: www.stars-n-dice.com/fluxtome.html
    Learn astrology meaning of signs, houses, planets from just the dot-number patterns on the dice cube:http://www.stars-n-dice.com/learnastrology.html
    New Yi Oracle Perspective:http://www.stars-n-dice.com/vaginaliching.html

Quote Originally Posted by rosada View Post
    58. Tui / The Joyous, Lake
    ... The trigram Tui denotes the youngest daughter; it is symbolized by the smiling lake, and its attribute is joyousness ... True joy ... rests on firmness and strength within, manifesting itself outwardly as yielding and gentle... W/B
    Rosada:

兌
    dui4

to exchange / to barter / to cash // ... to weaken by adding water // joy / cheerful talk

... the name of H.58, has two components:

• upper (outer) å…« ba1, eight / split, an old style broken line
    • lower (inner) å…„xiong1 elder brother / a term used in addressing a senior of the same generation to show respect.

A Senior, firmness and strenght, geting into the middle of the broken line, or between the two flexible lines, the gentle. True JOY in words of W/B.

For continuity with H.57, I'm tempted to say «penetration allowed», but after the communist simplification dui4 became å…‘ «penetration resisted». May be that's the idea of which dui4 laughts. (1)

Yours,

Charly

Hyena's laugh actually a sign of frustration
    Subordinate animals actually emit more giggles than the dominant ones
    Scientists found that hyena's usually giggle when they were fighting for food, or in some kind of social conflict.

Default Hex 58 by its King Wen Sequence numbering...

Hex 58 is the 8th hexagram in the final full decad beginning with the Monad hex 51 about the thunderbolt that strikes the individual in their heart--not a lightning bolt of electricity more like Cupid's arrow or the sudden realization of what must be done (Cf. Wilhelm hex51 line 3--sort of).

Within that decad this is the 8th hexagram, the dynamic polar opposite or dichotomy of the x-axis of timing development. The ceaseless fluid motion of Flux, seen in hex 57 as the sustained winds or growing wood here has become the fluid accumulation of running waters into a set of deep lakes. When you are struck by Cupid's arrow your fluid restlessness will eventually bring you to the set of topographical elevations where your energies are still moving lake to lake but not flowing wild. It will only be the next pair 59 and 60 that will finally solve the restless energy problem and fit the water precisely to its ultimate lake like Cinderella's slipper exactly fitting her foot.

Frank
    I Ching hexagram meaning from line structure
    and King Wen Sequence Explained: www.stars-n-dice.com/fluxtome.html
    Learn astrology meaning of signs, houses, planets from just the dot-number patterns on the dice cube:http://www.stars-n-dice.com/learnastrology.html
    New Yi Oracle Perspective:http://www.stars-n-dice.com/vaginaliching.html

the dynamic polar opposite or dichotomy of the x-axis of timing development.
    Hi Frank
    Give us a clue
    Is this saying...and some fell on stony ground?
    You've told us where Cinderella's slipper is in 59 and 60 which I understand, however I've lost track of where the slipper is residing is in Hex 58.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by fkegan View Post
    ... dynamic polar opposite ... dichotomy of the x-axis ... ceaseless fluid motion ... sustained winds or growing wood ... fluid accumulation of running waters ... a set of deep lakes... struck by Cupid's arrow ... eventually bring you to the set of topographical elevations ... your energies are still moving ... but not flowing wild... solve the restless energy problem ... Cinderella's slipper exactly fitting her foot.
    Hi, Frank:

My mind doesn't believe what my eyes read!

Everibody knows that the slipper did lead Cinderella towards marriage, say, the Prince arms. And wasn't Cinderella the only girl that had a slipper, remember Aphrodite...

Yours,

Charly

Hex 58 - Following the homecoming there is a real chance to party. Taking all the new things you have brought home with you and putting them on display for all to see.

I must admit I'm having a bit of a blank regarding Luis's picture. OK so we have the huge violet influx coming in, however I'm struggling to make sense of the youngest daughter playing blind mans bluff.

What sort of comments do others have on the picture in this card?
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by my_key View Post

I must admit I'm having a bit of a blank regarding Luis's picture. OK so we have the huge violet influx coming in, however I'm struggling to make sense of the youngest daughter playing blind mans bluff.

What sort of comments do others have on the picture in this card?
    Mike
    'Violet influx' ? No idea what you mean ? do you mean big purple flower is called influx ?

I just interpreted the card as having fun, party games, joy. I find 58 is much to do with those kind of occasions, fun, lots of chattering, sharing, games may come into it...even blind mans buff.

Huge violet influx ? Please enlighten me Mykey or i shan't sleep wondering what on earth you can mean

Quote Originally Posted by trojan View Post
    '
    Huge violet influx ? Please enlighten me Mykey or i shan't sleep wondering what on earth you can mean
    Violet - Colour representing spirituality or cosmic consciousness; the seventh and highest quality an individual can attain; holy love attained through the highest spiritual devotion; represents honour, spirituality and self-esteem

Purple - all I get is aubergines

Mike

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast