...life can be translucent

Menu
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Positive and Negative Hexagrams

butterfly spider Guest

I am feeling on the downward side of poor and have been sorting out my bank statements. Despite this and other family issues I am actually feeling positive - as if things are not that bad and that Spring is around the corner. Dreading hexagram 63 again I cast the coins - and got hexagram 14 unchanging. I felt like jumping singing ringing friends - almost akin to winning the lottery. I looked at interpretations of about 8 years ago and whilst I would like to think that my financial fortunes are going to improve - I think that hex 14 is more to do with my inner sense of happiness and good fortune. Bradford posted a lovely thread on this hexagram. Thank you.
    Winning the lottery would be lovely but I think that the inner state of peace and the feeling that I am actually quite a lucky girl are truly great havings.
    In the sense that hexagrams are positive or negative and the original thread - I do think that when a positive message is needed the I Ching does come up trumps sometimes.

Xx

hexagram 15 is lucky. kun over gen. its a very lucky combo. in numbers its 2 over 8. it means modesty. very lucky combo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bryanmichaelstephens12031986 View Post
    hexagram 15 is lucky. kun over gen. its a very lucky combo. in numbers its 2 over 8. it means modesty. very lucky combo.
    I think you missed the point of this thread completely. Go back to the original post.
    Last edited by bradford; March 2nd, 2017 at 01:40 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bradford View Post
    A farmer named Sei Weng owned a beautiful mare which was praised far
    and wide. One day this wonderful horse disappeared. The people of his village
    offered sympathy to Sei Weng for his great misfortune. Sei Weng said simply,
    "What makes you think this is bad?"
    A few days later the lost mare returned, followed by a whole herd of wild
    horses, led by a beautiful wild stallion. The village congratulated Sei Weng for his
    great good fortune. He said, "What makes you think this is good?"
    Some time later, Sei Weng's only son, while riding the stallion, fell off and
    broke his leg. The village people once again expressed their sympathy at Sei
    Weng's misfortune. Sei Weng again said, "What makes you think this is bad?"
    Soon after, a war broke out and all the young men of the village except Sei
    Weng's lame son were drafted and sent into a horrible battle. The village people
    were amazed as Sei Weng's good luck. But Sei Weng only replied, "What makes
    you think this is good?"

thank you so much for posting this! this is one of my favourtie Chinese tales and I actually just got into this thread to make a reference to this very story, as see so often people here, not only looking for either positive or negative outlook, but also wishing others good luck...

very happy it's been already mentioned!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6