Menu

36.3.4 to 51

sugarfree

visitor
Reaction score
I asked about the future of my relationship with someone and received:

36.3.4 to 51

Line 3
Darkening of the light during the hunt in the south.
Their great leader is captured.
One must not expect perseverance too soon.

It seems as if chance were at work. While the strong, loyal man is striving
eagerly and in good faith to create order, he meets the ringleader of the
disorder, as if by accident, and seizes him. Thus victory is achieved. But in
abolishing abuses one must not be too hasty. This would turn out badly
because the abuses have been in existence so long.

Line 4:
He penetrates the left side of the belly.
One gets at the very heart of the darkening of the light.

We find ourselves close to the commander of darkness and so discover his
most secret thoughts. In this way we realize that there is no longer any hope of
improvement, and thus we are enabled to leave the scene of disaster before
the storm breaks.

I found this reading disturbing because I have some evidence that there is something going on behind my back, that secrets are being kept. This reading seems to confirm that.

I interpret this to mean that I will uncover the truth eventually, which I find very comforting. I "capture" the leader (line 3) and get to the "heart of the darkening" in line 4.

Does anyone disagree with my interpretation? Agree?

lloyd

(deceased)
Reaction score
An alternative reading ...
36 means that one should conceal one’s ‘rectitude’ to not get hurt.
3 is at the top of the light trigram, overdoing it in general, and with a correspondent (6) who has gone into the dark (maybe he is not the only one?). So 3 should hide its light and work on the situation gradually and cautiously.
4 suggests compliance as a course of action in an atmosphere of rest and recuperation. Doing things at the right time you get to the heart of the matter.
51 signifies a period of fears, followed by laughter; it proposes self-cultivation.

tigerintheboat

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Shock and Injury

The main features of the reading are shock (H51) and Brightness Hidden or Brightness Wounded (H36); either you are hiding because of injury, or you are hiding in fear that you will be injured. Either way you have been given or will be given a shock, which you must process and remain calm.

Because you asked about "the future of the relationship," it can be difficult to isolate the players. Since you have these suspicions of the other player, then it is reasonable to think that the future (for you) consists of a shock, an injury, a ferreting out of the truth and a movement toward the exit (Line 4, "Moving to go out of the gate from the courtyard.") Learning the truth will not be a fast solution to the problem (Line 3)

Rather than assuming a future fixed in stone, you might ask some questions about possible actions in regard to the other person.

Tiger

sugarfree

visitor
Reaction score
No shocks yet. But, given what I've seen I absolutely suspect that something is up. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. I hope it's not as bad as it sounds.

I did ask what action I should be taking regarding this person and got 49.3.4.5 to 24

Some kind of radical change is called for. This is also reflected in 24, the turning point. All three moving lines speak about being believed. I don't really understand what it's telling me.

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
Your relationship is full of real but hidden problems and right now you have not identified them.

H36.3: Line 3 moving says two things. It says you will come face-to-face with the source of all the trouble that had been hidden from you before. But it also says that it will take a long time to rectify that -- so best not to be hasty. Actually, you could hurt someone, too, by being too hasty.

H36.4: Line 4 moving in H36 indicates you'll see a really unpleasant side to the other person. You'll certainly be looking for the exit. Whether you can or cannot leave is a separate question.

H36 is all about hurting and being hurt, needing to hide so as to avoid injury. Not so wonderful. But our situations are sometimes determined by Fate and we have to live through them for some unknown reason, probably in order to learn certain lessons. It is said that those living in the east are more accepting of Fate than we are here in the West.

I think H51 can sometimes indicate a state of affairs in which one person is yelling at another person. In other words, your partner may be an explosively angry-tempered individual. And your H36.3.4 may indicate that you'll soon come to see clearly why he is this way.

As for your hexagram 49, I would say that it bodes well for the future, should you be able to change your mind. It's really how you view your partner that has to change. You may be giving in a lot to your partner because he's loud or yells, for example, but in the future you may get a new perspective on your situation and not give him so much authority, especially when he's like that.

That's my take, given your hexagrams. Of course, I could be completely wrong.

Last edited:

Tigercat

visitor
Reaction score
Beautiful and insightful interpretations to this hex combo by lloyd, tigerintheboat and ginnie

3 months ago my girlfriend and a female friend got drunk and private messaged a boy who considers himself a "ladies man". This boy came and met them, but he was accompanied by another girl. This happened on the day I found out my father died. Needless to say I was deeply hurt.
4 days ago my girl "liked" a shirtless photo of this boy on Instagram. When I asked her about it she exploded into a rage and anger storm. Never told me why she followed and liked this boy's photos on Instagram or why she met him in person, just blamed me for being unreasonable.
I have retreated from the situation and am considering leaving her for good.
So I asked Jing why did she do these actions? And I received hex 36 lines 3,4 changing to 51

Couple of commentaries on line 4

Wilhelm/Baynes: That is, he finds out the inmost sentiment of the heart. Blofeld: This is a way of saying that he saw clearly into the other's heart. Ritsema/Karcher: Entering tending-towards the left belly. Catching the heart, intention indeed. Cleary (2): Entering the left belly is finding the heart’s intent.

So I was shocked (hex 51) and I can see the intentions of my girls heart (line 3 and 4)?

I dont know, all I know is she did some things that dont look good for our relationship and when I asked her about them she became enraged. Really at a loss with how to proceed

Olga Super Star

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
So I asked Jing why did she do these actions? Really at a loss with how to proceed
Hi Tiger
- well no cat.

Careful, as you might be accused of hijacking someone else s thread ;)

As to your query in the past I myself used to ask why someone did something, the reason for that being what I cared most. With time I have learnt to ask how best to deal with something as the motives at the back (or bottom?!) of someone s acts can be several and diverse (and sometimes not investigable or not for you to know).

Best

:bows:

Topher

visitor
Reaction score
Beautiful and insightful interpretations to this hex combo by lloyd, tigerintheboat and ginnie

3 months ago my girlfriend and a female friend got drunk and private messaged a boy who considers himself a "ladies man". This boy came and met them, but he was accompanied by another girl. This happened on the day I found out my father died. Needless to say I was deeply hurt.
4 days ago my girl "liked" a shirtless photo of this boy on Instagram. When I asked her about it she exploded into a rage and anger storm. Never told me why she followed and liked this boy's photos on Instagram or why she met him in person, just blamed me for being unreasonable.
I have retreated from the situation and am considering leaving her for good.
So I asked Jing why did she do these actions? And I received hex 36 lines 3,4 changing to 51

Couple of commentaries on line 4

Wilhelm/Baynes: That is, he finds out the inmost sentiment of the heart. Blofeld: This is a way of saying that he saw clearly into the other's heart. Ritsema/Karcher: Entering tending-towards the left belly. Catching the heart, intention indeed. Cleary (2): Entering the left belly is finding the heart’s intent.

So I was shocked (hex 51) and I can see the intentions of my girls heart (line 3 and 4)?

I dont know, all I know is she did some things that dont look good for our relationship and when I asked her about them she became enraged. Really at a loss with how to proceed
Old post but i think 36.4 was describing how you could see through her feelings and you she felt somehow hurt (or guilty), 36.3 usually for me was a line when you have to uncover the reason of something that happened, and you could return to the solution of the issue within 7days or less 3 is also fine, 51 in your case is the shock you received from knowing that she liked someone else and you found that out

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).