...life can be translucent

Menu

I Ching Acupuncture book

cesca

visitor
Reaction score
Has anyone read "I Ching Acupuncture" by David Twicken? Published on lulu.com -- it's £31 so I'm not going to splash out without a recommendation. But my students are asking about it.

Sparhawk

One of those men your mother warned you about...
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
No, but thanks for the reference. Wasn't aware of it. A little steep at US$50.00 but I'll put it in my list of books to buy. I see that he also has some other books at Lulu.

I'd love to hear some comments about it.

I see he also has a website: Healingqi.com

Last edited:

frank_r

visitor
Reaction score
Has anyone read "I Ching Acupuncture" by David Twicken? Published on lulu.com -- it's £31 so I'm not going to splash out without a recommendation. But my students are asking about it.

Hello Cesna,

Yes, I have read this book and also some others that are speaking about the connection between acupuncture and the Yi.
The first that introduced this idea is Dr Chao Chen. He Yu Chen and David Twicken wrote the book I Ching acupuncture together. Later David Twicken wrote a book about it himself.

This books are both about the so called balance methode. And are using the Yi. Also Dr Tan is using this method. He has also writen a few books about this very interesting and fascinating connection between acupuncture and the Yi.

David Twicken also wrote some other books about the connection between the Yi and acupuncture. Personally I like the book about the Extra meridians and The Yi very much. That's a very good book at least I think. But the books of David are already more complex. When you want to start with a good book that's introducing this subject you can best start with :The perfect seasons from ILan Migdali. When you want to get deeper the you can go further with Dr Tan(this is more acupuncture than Yi) and later David Twicken, he is more Yi than the others but also more complex.

Hopefully you know enough now if you want more information please ask.

Frank

cesca

visitor
Reaction score
Acupuncture and Yi

Many thanks, Frank!
:bows:
I'm supervising a student's dissertation, on methods of applying the Yi to clinical (acupuncture) practice -- this will be very useful to her.

Sparhawk

One of those men your mother warned you about...
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Cool! Gracias Sergio.

cesca

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks to all who replied -- really helpful!!
:bows:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).