...life can be translucent

Menu

The Sum of Things

Sparhawk

One of those men your mother warned you about...
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Here is a very interesting book, free to download as PDF but soon to be republished as a second edition, by Paul Martyn-Smith.

The Sum of Things

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Kind of rambles and mumbles all over the place, don't he?
Different way of thinking than I'm equipped to follow.

Sparhawk

Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Kind of rambles and mumbles all over the place, don't he?
Different way of thinking than I'm equipped to follow.

Sparhawk's maxim: "The field of Yixue is full of ramblers, mumblers, beggars AND choosers" :rofl:

I don't mind them anymore (well, only when they get in your face for not good reason other than because they "virtually" can and feel entitled to confront you, lest they miss the opportunity...) as long as I am able to blow away the chaff from the seeds.

And, of course, to be fair, I must include myself in such a group. :D

votri

visitor
Reaction score
Interesting work !
I like the way he plays with number in the Appendix A. The Maps
With those numbers, we can clearly see that the sum will be as follow:
DoSoHaDo.gif

Sparhawk

Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was just informed, and confirmed, that the link to the PDF book is not working anymore. It appears that after publishing the second edition of his book, Paul took the other one out of circulation.

LloydWilliams

visitor
Reaction score
Link broken. Shows "Forbidden Access denied by access control list." Using both Safari and Firefox on Mac.

p mac

visitor
Reaction score
Hi. Yes the last 2007 edition was given as a free down load but has been withdrawn. All Info on values of math are on my site, or are in 'The Sum of Things' available from ABE Books - or there is a link on my site to Readers.ie.

Well I might ramble on if one doesn't know what I ramble on about, but as the work covers the practice and narrative of symbolism from the Book of Changes (which I do start rather cryptically) as well as it's links to other math from various sources like Tibetan Bonpa and Buddhism = in both the practice of meditation there's a rather broad subject base as I also link this to taking LSD and all visual and verbal mental activity = psychology and physics.

I have put up 2 basic videos on youtube called Basic I Ching math P1 and P2 so free to watch and I expect more will be posted on contracted integers and their link to the Binary images of Heaven and Earth (Trigrams and Hexagrams) found in linking The Well and Bagua to the Ho Tu and Lo Shu etc.

There was only a limited print run of the new 2010/11 edition of which some copies are still for sale, but feel free to work the math out from site and links given etc.

My regards - Paul.

p mac

visitor
Reaction score
The Divine Revelations - the Judgement's and Law's of the sacred Mountain.

Hi all. In addition to the free download of 'The Sum of Things' another 440+ page book of 'The Divine Revelations' is now also given for free. This is a much more in-depth work just on the I Ching = The Materials, The math, and The Oracles.

http://files.me.com/paulmartynsmith/hg51ic

This is given for personal investigation of anyone who has interest in the possible workings and applications of the Practice and Mathematics of the I Ching.

Enjoy - Paul.

p mac

visitor
Reaction score
Just to say 'The sum of Things' is still a free download if you follow link at start of this thread or go to my site I Ching Math.

Regards - Paul.

p mac

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Hilary - my thanks.

I have to still do the final edit on the book 'Divine Revelations' but I noted one major error on page 124 in the Contracted Integer Reversals. They should read 48327615 to 51672384 (not 51672315) as all reversals = 9s.

I also corrected a couple of other small errors - so sorry my dyslexia shines through my work in silly errors as I read what I see and that doesn't always agree with what is actually written.

All my best to your husband with his books - I also eventually wish to get the works done as e-books.

To start with 1 again (News Letter) might not be OK as 128, and 256 and 320 appear in the amount of Hexagrams in the 8 x 8 Square's of Direction and Elements (TiCheek).

My best regards :bows: - Paul.

p mac

visitor
Reaction score
Downloads for all Paul Martyn-Smith's work.

The downloads of 'The Sum of Things' and a longer book on the I Ching called 'The Divine Revelations - Judgement's and Law's of The Sacred Mountain.' are available on indendant.academia.edu Paul Martyn-Smith. There are also 4 short Papers on the math of I Ching, A Start/introduction, Contracted Integers, DNA to Yarrow Stalk Oracle and the central Book 2. The Book of Creation from Divine Revelations.

http://independent.academia.edu/PaulMartynSmith

All can be read as e-books or downloaded freely. The only rights set on the works are that they are never copied or used for material benefit without credits and respect, and I've noted copyrights have already been broken by some who are making a film and publishing a book claiming the math in the I Ching is their own - so no respect is given by them. A great shame this work has not been able to be shared openly without such things occurring, with people trying to get funding for their own movements, I do understand these negative motives, that in the ned might see more positive results (the sages used the dark to gain completion of their works). So I still I hope the work is completed in all its applications, but because of the present situation the work has only been stolen in parts and it has failed to have been fully understood, which has wasted many years. Though the values found in this math have been claimed by these people, they cannot show the correct math to gain them - as the exact values are only found in the symmetric Magic Squares and the revealing of the 5th Element's values in the Ho Tu, which them creates the Lo Shu.

All credit must be given to our own ancestors who left The Book of Changes for us to comprehend, and the whole tenet of conduct or treading is for sharing for the mutual benefit of all mankind. I therefore live in hope.

Anyone reading the works can also refer to the work of Lee Burton, as Lee and I worked together on the math but lee has a deeper understanding of its link's to Rodin's Torus and the work's of Randy Powell (both part of the VBM Movement) who did not give a math based on the Hexagrams, Magic Squares, and the 8 Spoke (3 x 3 Magic Square), but who now seem to have changed their minds. :bows: Blessing to all on the I Ching Community for a new era of sharing wealth and understanding - Paul.

Last edited:

p mac

visitor
Reaction score
All of my books have been on the open public domain all of the time. They are all posted on academia.edu together with Papers on all the basis of the maths. The broken link probably arose when Apple stopped hosting sites, but my page on FB gives all the links to 'The Sum of Things' and 'The Divine Revelations - The Judgement's and Law's of the Sacred Mountain'. The Divine Revelations comes from a comment made by Chung Fu Tzu. The Sacrred Mountain is the 9 Stack of Sumeru or Meru the World Axis. My Blessings and Metta to all who study the Tao and The Changes. Paul Martyn-Smith.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).