...life can be translucent

Menu

New to i-ching

J

jeanystar

Hi Connie,
I have been using the I Ching for about 25 years, and I dont thnk I have gotten the same hexagram , same lines in one day except for maybe once or twice. It is a reading I believe you should take very seriously.
As far as educatonal material....I can only only tell you how I have studied it.I bought many versions of translations by different authors....sometimes I would just sit in a book store and read them, too, before deciding to buy. After a reading, if you can consult many different texts, you really start to get a feel for the essence of a hexagram and the changing lines.
That is how I educated myself, and it continues.
Good Luck.

gene

visitor
Reaction score
Boy, I wish there were one definitive book out there that is clearly superior to all the others. I like the Wilhelm/Baynes because it is very esoteric in a sense, and yet in another sense, it is not, very down to earth. I think it has failings, and yet overall, is slightly better than any others. For what I consider to be a very down to earth spirituality, I think Master Ni Hua Ching has the best.

There has been a lot of discussion lately about multiple moving lines, and this is good. It is a very frustrating aspect of the I Ching which I think has never been thoroughly and adequately explained to the Western world. I am not sure the Chinese want us "round eyes" to know all that much about that. Nevertheless, it is nice that in the Wilhelm/Baynes version, there is the third part of the book which gives some explanation of how the lines all relate to each other. But could any book exhaust the knowlege? It would have to be an encyclopedia I suspect. Wilhelm/Baynes is my favorite, but it is certainly not a cureall.

Gene

jtorz132759468

visitor
Reaction score
If you wish to understand what I Ching is all about, check out this book and understand the basic fundamentals of I Ching that will set you right to learn more advanced stuffs like Feng Shui, Qimendunjia, Plum Blossom Divination etc. as the source of them all is I Ching - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079YSV5JL

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).