...life can be translucent

Menu

What's the significance/meaning of back to back hexagrams on a related issue?

moksha_

visitor
Reaction score
Consulting the i ching, I received two back to back hexagrams on two different questions but related to the same issue, in this case a person. For example, I receive 36.4 > 55 as one answer, then the other answer is 55.4 > 36.

First question was, what should I do so that me and this person can be friends or be more in harmony? I received 36.4 < 55
Second was, if I behaved this way, how would this person respond? 55.4 > 36

I'm not looking for an interpretation of those hexagrams, just wondering the significance or meaning of getting such answers? I found it weird that I got back to back hexagrams as answers. A similar thing happened to me in one of my threads.

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
Think of the mirror reading you got as someone saying to you,
"Psst. wake up and pay attention to the first reading"

I say this because if you understood what 36.4 was saying,
you wouldn't want to be friends with this person.

moksha_

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

I'm aware of the possible interpretations, but is it really that bad? No positive twist on it at all? It doesn't mention anything about misfortune or danger or anything like that. Hexagram 36 by itself says it's fruitful to determine among difficulty.

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
but is it really that bad? No positive twist on it at all?

It is a very dark hexagram.
Yes, the line is bad.
It called the person the 'dark one'.

You may as well continue until you find out the thing about them that you do not know, then you'll know for your self what exactly the line was referring to. (you can have a learning experience)

When I got this line it was about someone who was concealing some dark secrets, I found out, and I did sneak away.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).