...life can be translucent

Menu

Trusting Intuition: Hexagram 52

krish42

visitor
Reaction score
I've made several mistakes in the past because im always silently talking to myself and chattering inside. I asked the I-ching "How can I learn to trust my intuition?" and it casted Hexagram 52 with no changing lines. It means keeping still. What does that mean?

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
It means not picking your thoughts to shreds, when the answer comes stick with it. Many people doubt themselves and when it comes to intuition which is something coming from your own head, they say right, lovely, but after a few hours the doubt starts to creep in, maybe this or maybe that and in the end they have destroyed the answer.

Like in horse racing, you look at all the names of the horses, and suddenly one name jumps out, now what you should do is write it down on your ticket and give it to the bookie. But what usually happens is that people starting studying the horses form etc and then go against it saying it hasn't got a chance. Wrong thing to do.

Therefore to trust one has to believe, and to be completely confident in one's choice or decision.

She's says the first thing that comes into her head, right, because she's psychic.

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
Meditate...Whatever comes up is your intuition

=CC

No! Do not meditate, intuition is spontaneous not something to deliberate over for hours or days.

Think of the oracle at Delphi, ask a question and get an instant answer.

cutiecat

Inactive
Reaction score
Yes i can see your point. i agree sometimes the first thought that jumps at you is your intuition. But when a person is taken by the self-doubt and thinking too much - meditation is useful to clear all this anxieties and garbage to come to the clear mind and then your intuition may become even more powerful. Also it helps with relaxation, and when one is relaxed things can be picked up easier.

-CC

Last edited:

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
But when a person is taken by the self-doubt and thinking too much - meditation is useful to clear all this anxieties and garbage to come to the clear mind and then your intuition may become even more powerful. Also it helps with relaxation, and when one is relaxed things can be picked up easier.

-CC

I have found that meditation can actually make one's anxieties worse, and intuition is a separate issue from meditation. Monks can do in depth meditation for 30 years but their intuition is no better than any average person in the street.

cutiecat

Inactive
Reaction score
Yep, agree. It totally can make anxieties and even depression worse in some cases. Not sure about the monks though. I think may be there are trying too hard :) But I think 52 points out meditation in this specific case.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).