...life can be translucent

Menu

Being seen as hex 10

zahrah

visitor
Reaction score
Can someone please tell me their views on what it means to be seen by another person as hexagram 10 (unchanging). My question was about my boss - how does Boss see me - but the answer really wasn't what I'd have expected.

This is important to me because he is a central, powerful figure and much will depend on him going forward. In the past, he has been incredibly supportive and I've really come to like him.

I read as much as I could find about this hex and found out that it does relate to hierarchy and being within limits but, on the other hand, am not certain I like the exotic, clandestine appeal of tigers and such.

I am grateful for any observations, as ever.

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
You didn't mention any changing lines.
How about: that it's up to you to demonstrate your worth

gato

visitor
Reaction score
he expects you to work harder....and harder.... and harder. no need of yi :)

chucklesthegirl

visitor
Reaction score
Maybe he sees you as being very cautious, as if you were tip toeing through an environment that feels risky to you?

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
How does Boss see me?

☰ ☰
☱ ☱

Heaven above Lake. Heaven is reflected in the Lake. He sees you as a reflection of himself.

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
He sees you as a reflection of himself.

:rofl:

Personally, I think it's saying that everything depends on the way that you conduct yourself. Are you traditional in your work style? Or are you rather eccentric?

I liked what gato said. Don't all bosses want to see the employees tip toeing around them as if they were big tigers?

Or, is it that, for some reason, your boss sees you as the Tiger?

Do you have your boss tip toeing around you, Zahrah?

willowfox

Inactive
Reaction score
He sees you as cautious, polite, and good humored, a nice person.

zahrah

visitor
Reaction score
he expects you to work harder....and harder.... and harder. no need of yi :)

I am a natural workaholic, this man would a misogynist if he wanted me to work any harder.

zahrah

visitor
Reaction score
Ha, ha... well, the only way he'd be cautious around me would be if he were attracted to me and didn't know what to do about it. But I think he deserves more respect than would be granted to him by an assumption like that.

It is probably likeliest that he does think I am cautious which, in fact, is exactly how I am as a person. This is also very interesting to me because I was in a self-imposed situation once when too much caution became apprehension which badly influenced my work and perceptions of potential employers, leading me to be rejected from a possibly great job. What it is, is fear of failure, the biggest fear I have.

Yet, I do think I've learned to deal with these feelings better; I recognize and respect my need to feel safe, but won't allow it to become harmful once again.

And who'd guess the man could be so insightful?

This has been very interesting, I've given it some thought late last night after reading some of your answers and realized how significant this hexagram actually is to me, for reasons I wouldn't wanna bore you with here. 10 does speak of me and it's been good to learn how.

Thank you all.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).