...life can be translucent

Menu

Foot in mouth disease 59 unchanging

synthesis

visitor
Reaction score
Hello all and thank you in advance for any thoughts on the cast I made for my situation.

I woke up this AM realizing an email I had sent out yesterday to a superior could have been interpreted as an insult rather than the compliment I intended. I basically said "I can't remember the last time X (highly regarded but outspoken employee from another office) had praised anything that came out of this office." I meant to say that someone that is not easily impressed was highly pleased, but I think it could have been read as "you don't usually do such a good job".

I am horrified to think that I might have instilled doubt where I wanted to inspire confidence. So I asked "Can I fix this?" and got 59 unchanging.

A simple interpretation might mean "the situation will go away", but I'm hoping for something deeper, like, "your prejudices, and those of others, can be dissolved" if we have a further discussion on my real intent.

Thank you again, and thanks for the forum. I really like talking through the interpretations, as it helps me to process.

yamabushi

visitor
Reaction score
Hello all and thank you in advance for any thoughts on the cast I made for my situation.

I woke up this AM realizing an email I had sent out yesterday to a superior could have been interpreted as an insult rather than the compliment I intended. I basically said "I can't remember the last time X (highly regarded but outspoken employee from another office) had praised anything that came out of this office." I meant to say that someone that is not easily impressed was highly pleased, but I think it could have been read as "you don't usually do such a good job".

I am horrified to think that I might have instilled doubt where I wanted to inspire confidence. So I asked "Can I fix this?" and got 59 unchanging.

A simple interpretation might mean "the situation will go away", but I'm hoping for something deeper, like, "your prejudices, and those of others, can be dissolved" if we have a further discussion on my real intent.

Thank you again, and thanks for the forum. I really like talking through the interpretations, as it helps me to process.

Judgment of hexagram 59 (Wilhelm);

THE JUDGMENT
DISPERSION. Success.
The king approaches his temple.
It furthers one to cross the great water.
Perseverance furthers.

I think you should go directly to your superior and explain the misunderstanding.
And everything will be fine.

synthesis

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you Yamabushi. I did and it was as you said.

Love this forum:bows:

synthesis

visitor
Reaction score
ha, ha! That honesty will take you far my friend...you wait and see :)

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
I think most people would interpret your words favorably, not the other way around.

It's very hard to know what to say sometimes, as almost everything we say will be misinterpreted by somebody ...

It did no harm to apologize ...

synthesis

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks Ginnie....what I did not say is that I am sometimes bluntly critical of this person, so I did fear a possible negative percepton, especially since I mocked her a bit for resisting, then following my advice in the same email. Still, it may be as you say.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).