...life can be translucent

Menu

treading carefully - hex 10 unchanging

i chaching

visitor
Reaction score
What is the potential for my ex-girlfriend & i reuniting?

Here is my interpretation of Hex 10, unchanging (treading carefully / conduct): don't let the break-up swallow up your whole identity (self-worth is very important not only for myself, but for attraction). it will not be dangerous to attract her back if done with good humor and without presumption. In other words, I woo her back not by reasoning with her, but respecting the forces of mutual attraction (reason negates passion).

Three questions:

If the I ching thought that I should let her go and not pursue her, would it have given me this reading?

Does my question infer the possibility of never being more than just friends? If that's the case, and my question is a little ambiguous, can somebody help me to ask a more pointed question? My ultimate desire is to have her back. It just doesn't seem right to be without her.

Also, what is the significance of this reading being unchanging, compared to changing?

Thanks for any help!!

Last edited:

dalila

visitor
Reaction score
Hi i chaching,

In my experience, i ching readings are usually pretty straight forward, answering the question as it is asked. For this reason, I don't think your response infers anything about whether or not you should let her go. My own, perhaps simplistic, interpretation of your reading is that you should be very careful in the way you approach her, go step by step, don't rush her, pay attention to what she has said to you about your relationship and her reasons for breaking up, respect those reasons, and respond to them with care.

I have asked many, many questions like this of the i ching and honestly, it is very hard to infer what potential there is, or what's going to happen from the responses. I personally haven't found the i ching to be a great crystal ball, although I wish it were! Questions where the answer can be found somewhere inside me, in my subconscious, are the questions I most like to ask and have the most success with. Why not ask.. What is the best action for me to take to lead to us reuniting?

I feel for you. I know how painful this place can be. Good luck!

B

blue_angel

To answer your questions, no. If the Iching thought you should let her go and not pursue her any longer, your answer would most likely be 23 or 12. Somewhere along there. You got 10. When I get 10 it usually has a lot to do with what's going on inside my mind. I'm my own tiger. But either way Iching says "pursue at your own risk." You can have success. But the one thing that sticks out for me here, is "if you can not please her, another words if this treatment does not work, the tiger bites you" you lose. That's why I think you got 10. It seems apparently you can pursue her and have success. Get your woman back. But its unpredictable, cause what happens if that treatment fails you? She leaves and this time for good. So Iching says its up to you. For me... this question has served me well and been a guide in my journey. For others, apparently not. So it will be your own experience and you will have to feel your way through and see what works, like we do with all of life.

Blue_Angel

B

blue_angel

I actually like what you said "I woo her back, not by reasoning with her, but by respecting the forces of mutual attraction" I think you have a very good understanding of the answers you receive, and the only thing we can do is offer different perspectives. I do like the "child playing on the tigers tail" view. If I were a child, how would I be? It must be exciting and adventurous on that tigers tail. What a fun ride and so soft, the fur. But I could slip and fall, so I'm careful or I could upset the tiger, and he could bite me. For some reason though, I think when the tiger sees how fun and sweet I am,
he wont bite me at all, he'll be protective and
want to to play too. You never know...

S

sooo

:) Yes, pretty much. Not sure how long but full of drama and possible peril. That's how I'd interpret 10 in this kind of situation. Could also stretch it a bit and say, a high maintenance relationship.

i chaching

visitor
Reaction score
Dalila's interpretation was spot on: "My own, perhaps simplistic, interpretation of your reading is that you should be very careful in the way you approach her, go step by step, don't rush her, pay attention to what she has said to you about your relationship and her reasons for breaking up, respect those reasons, and respond to them with care." And I did just that until one day she unexpectedly called me in the middle of my workday with a question. And i had not gotten much sleep the night before, and so was not in a good frame of mind. I said something that was completely innocent, but actually betrayed her trust in me nonetheless. And that was all it took for her to run away for good, and not even be my friend (which is generally what eventually happens after a break up anyway).

Blue Angel said "It seems apparently you can pursue her and have success." Yes but only as friends, which I blew (although it takes two to tango) and that's fine. Blue Angel also said "It must be exciting and adventurous on that tigers tail. What a fun ride and so soft, the fur. But I could slip and fall, so I'm careful or I could upset the tiger, and he could bite me." And that's exactly what happened.

Sooo said "Not sure how long but full of drama and possible peril. That's how I'd interpret 10 in this kind of situation. Could also stretch it a bit and say, a high maintenance relationship." Absolutely! I am so glad we didn't end up back together haha!

equinox

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks for all those updates! It's really interesting to see how results play out in the long run.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).