...life can be translucent

Menu

How literal should hexagrams be taken on example of 38.2.4.6

innertruth

visitor
Reaction score
Hello!!
Maybe this question should be placed under Exploring divination....

Hexagram 38 and lines 2.4.6...
38.2 : One meets his lord in a narrow street. No blame.

38.4: Isolated through opposition, one meets a like-minded man with whom one can associate in good faith. Despite the danger, no blame.

38.6: Isolated through opposition, One sees one's companion as a pig covered with dirt, as a wagon full of devils. First one draws a bow against him, then one lays the bow aside. He is not a robber; he will woo at the right time. As one goes, rain falls; then good fortune comes.

1) When these lines mention "lord,like-minded man, companion" do they refer to one person within
the asked situation or to different persons?? (for example if you are in opposition with someone you asked about, do lines speak of meeting someone third?)

2) How literal should be the interpretation?
In other words, do these lines point at some inner search of truth within psyche, inner work to find a union etc..
OR do the lines point at real time and place events and people outside, in the external world?

SO on example of 38 - You should strive for inner union to overcome external conflict, or you should seek for third persons who can help you?

At the same time I see these lines as 3 variants of situation development, is it correct?

Last edited:

innertruth

visitor
Reaction score
Found a thread on this. Brilliant one http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/friends/showthread.php?14909-38-2-huh
38.2 makes me think more of an insight/lifesaver - idea - that pop up when circumstances
are so narrow, and there is not much space to move...Or might be through an encounter equally - but
person also is a carrier of some "saving" idea .

Also could 38 talk about karmic connections - controversial but still present in your life..

innertruth

visitor
Reaction score
Kudos to that thread really!!!!!! So much insights..

Another short sum-up I found in another language for 38:
The hexagram shows that your life is currently lacking harmony. It seems that everyone is trying to get at you, and are aggressive. You are being set off even by the minor things. Hold yourself, don't panic, situation will soon change. It is hard to find compassionate people around now. Some woman is ennerving you. Control your words, actions and don't start anything new. The events or things that are occupying your life or scope of interests in present time are, in reality, far away from what you really want.

B

blue_angel

I've had this reading so many times in the last years it should be tattooed on my forehead. It's really individual I feel. Personal for you. Your own guidance on whatever question you asked and whatever situation you find yourself in, but I'll offer a very distinct situation for me, shortly. In case it may be useful.

innertruth

visitor
Reaction score
Trojina, you saved my day. More so, it is true. Objective truth of this Hexagram,

QUOTING
The Image in 38 from Wilhelm says "Thus amid all fellowship The superior man retains his individuality" A youth has to leave where she belonged in 37 and be her own self in 38.. One cannot know ones own self so clearly if one is constantly enmeshed in a family, so one has to know not belonging, feeling strange....

38 says its okay to connect over small superficial things to keep things friendly so to speak, but don't try to make the two of you see the same way or expect real fusion or unity....its not there....and its fine that its not there.

And TWO AMAZING EMOTICONS
You see they are both perfectly happy doing their own thing. I think they might exchange remarks about the weather and the price of bread but I don't think emotionally...or intellectually they are ever going to see the world the same way....so its good they can just emote side by side.

If they tried to get too close this might happen

see not enough room for either of them to be themselves.....and lets face they both need plenty of room to be themselves

B

blue_angel

For me, yes 38.4 was/is someone real. As is 38.6 and also 38.2. However, my take on it all is quite different due to my experience with it. And you seem to have found your answer already. I think its best to allow you to sit with what you have already found, rather than add confusion with my own.

Best wishes on your journey

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).