...life can be translucent

Menu

Hex 27 unchanging for job interview tomorrow

emiliana2010

visitor
Reaction score
Hi everybody!
Here I am job hunting again... :(
I cast the Yi for an interview scheduled tomorrow.

How will the interview go?
Got hex 27 unchanging.

I am undecided about it's meaning. Since it's unchanging it could mean that there will be lots of talking and very little results, or also that it could provide me with a job that would pay for my food.

I'll post the result of the interview, so if you want to share your view of hex 27 unchanging it will be interesting.

All the best!

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
copied over from where it was in 'exploring divination'

'You may need to pay more attention to detail. For example you have posted again a question that belongs in Shared Readings in Exploring Divination.

I wouldn't give you a job if the job involved attention to detail because I'd think you just aren't noticing where you are.

You posted a question about a cat here. it was moved. This needs to be moved too. So as an employer I'd think 'does she pay attention to what she is doing ?' Shared readings is clearly marked as 'shared readings' with a description of what it is for..but you didn't see that, several times...?

In many jobs attention to detail matters. Make sure you answer the questions they actually ask in the interview. If your attention drifts you may go off at a tangent and not provide what is asked for.

I think you need to be a lot clearer about this role and what it entails.'

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
27 unchanging

Judging solely by the casting, it will go well. food = salary = employment. As for your neglect of detail, I think you are an artistic person in an artistic profession who recreates reality according to your inner light. If so, neglect of material details is a positive.

emiliana2010

visitor
Reaction score
First of all I want to apologize if I created any problem to anybody. :blush: I used a link to enter the forum. Once inside distinguishing Shared Readings from Exploring Divination is not that obvious, they look pretty much the same. But Trojina, what you write is correct so I'll make it a point to pay more attention where I am whenever I login.
And Pocossin, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and experience. :hug: I'll post the result of the interview and meantime I keep my fingers crossed.

Emiliana

emiliana2010

visitor
Reaction score
So, back from the interview.
The guy talked and talked and talked. Great, I thought, usually people like this are very happy if the other person just listen, so I relaxed and listened to him. It was obvious that he is in love with the magazine he publishes, very proud of it.
In the last five minutes he gave a look at my portfolio and seemed to like what he saw.
He then said that he'll be interviewing some more candidates and next week decide whom to wellcome onboard.
Referring to food, this job would eventually be just a snack, since all the layout should be done in two days only each month.
So, some more waiting and I'll post the outcome. Nevertheless, I'd love the get that snack! :)

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Once inside distinguishing Shared Readings from Exploring Divination is not that obvious, they look pretty much the same

Interesting...I wonder if we are seeing different things. To me they are very distinctly marked forums. Maybe we are using different views or something.

Anyway Good Luck. 27uc asks you to consider what needs this will fill also. So it is interesting you say it is a snack. Sometimes things can look very tasty but they just aren't what we really need. If you don't get it then perhaps you can comfort yourself with the fact that actually you needed a better meal and you are holding out for that.

emiliana2010

visitor
Reaction score
Yes, Trojina, I will not sigh if I will not get it. I want a real job, one that can support me and pay my bills. The hunt is still on.

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score

Got hex 27 unchanging.

I am undecided about it's meaning. Since it's unchanging it could mean that there will be lots of talking and very little results,

It's interesting that there really WAS a lot of talking - by the interviewer. I do also get the "nourishment" aspect of a job interview - maybe Yi was saying two things at once? Maybe since it's unchanging it meant a lot of one-sided talking (there was little if any "relating" in the interview, corresponding to no relating hexagram in the reading), plus it will provide you with a little sustenance? I hope you get the job (and a better one at some point soon).

emiliana2010

visitor
Reaction score
Thank Lisa for your input. :) I realize there was another aspect I didn't mentioned related to 27. I follow a very personal diet where bier yeast is a no-no. I rarely have lunch outside and when I do I always manage to have a piadina (a kind of tortilla) with fish and salad. In the neighbourhood where the interview took place I couldn't find any cafeteria which had piadinas, so I had to eat a sandwich (bier yeast) and feel my stomach bloated and swollen like a balloon for the rest of the day. :(

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
I rarely have lunch outside and when I do I always manage to have a piadina (a kind of tortilla) with fish and salad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piadina

Piadina or Piada is a thin Italian flatbread, typically prepared in the Romagna region. It is usually made with white flour, lard or olive oil, salt and water. The dough was traditionally cooked on a terracotta dish (called teggia in the Romagnol), although nowadays flat pans or electric griddles are commonly used.

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe Yi was saying THREE things at once. Like, "Allll the hexagram 27 things, you. Alllll of them."

(Ha ha. I don't know. It does probably still depend on the result of the interview, which we don't know yet.)

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I think Yi was perhaps asking or saying

"Do they meet your needs and do you meet theirs ?" No relating hexagram indicating you as yet have no subjective stance to this. It's an open question. At least with a cast like this if you don't get it you'll know it's for the right reasons....because you can't meet one another's requirements as much as someone else. It wouldn't be because of anything you did or said or because they didn't like you or anything like that.

The lunch episode might sort of reflect the experience of the interview that day.

Sandwiches are okay in themselves as sandwiches but your body can't use them up effectively. So you and sandwich cannot meet one another's needs. The problem with drawing this analogy is sandwiches don't have needs...not as far as I know anyway ...but I guess if they had they'd rather be eaten ? :D

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
It wouldn't be because of anything you did or said or because they didn't like you or anything like that.

Yes - what a bizarre "interview" in which the interviewee was asked to say almost nothing.

Thinking about that...what would be an employer's motivation for bringing someone in for an interview, and then having almost no exchange at all with the person? Maybe your portfolio was actually the only thing that mattered, and they called you in just to lay eyes on you, so they know there's a real person attached to the portfolio and make sure you don't have three heads or something? :odd:

Either that, or this particular person is just utterly clueless about conducting interviews?

emiliana2010

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you pocossin for the detailed explanation of what a piadina is. :hug:

Thank you to you too, Lisa. :) Somehow your previous post brought up the nourishing aspect to my attention. Of course I know that 27 is related to that with which one feeds oneself, but somehow it bypassed me. I see that I don't have to rush when filing my Yi readings.

And Trojina, you're spot on. :)
The more I think about this bite-size job and the more I expect it (provided I get it) to be in the way of a real job. If I get it, good, if I don't get it, better.

Thank you all!

Last edited:

emiliana2010

visitor
Reaction score
OUTCOME
I was expecting a reply by Monday/Tuesday and actually it arrived early today (Saturday...).
The guy says he appreciate a lot my professional skills by the choice fell upon somebody else. :rolleyes:
Good.
Now I want to enjoy this rainy weekend (the cats don't go out that much and want to be cuddled), cook something nice and in a couple of days see what's the best course of action for me to take about work.

Thanks everybody! :hugs:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).