...life can be translucent

Menu

What will biopsy require? 56 unchanging

poised

visitor
Reaction score
My trip to dermatologist last week lead to the doctor taking four skin samples for biopsy. Two on my nose, two on my lip. Looks rather awful right now, but I could conceal it with makeup if I chose to. (He told me to wait, so I will.)

The skin samples are out for biopsy right now.

I had a basal cell carcinoma removed from the back of my neck five years ago. All went well, barely any scar. I could handle more of these without fear. But these four were larger bumps and if they turn out to be cancerous, could leave horrible scars. Or worse?

Whatever it is, will apparently be "a trip," as we said in the sixties. I am a woman, place a certain value on my looks…now what?

LiSe's version of 56:

Itinerant troops
Itinerant
Small expansion
A determination about wandering is auspicious

The great image says:
High on the mountain there is fire: Itinerant
The noble one is clear minded and cautious in imposing punishment and does not protract lawsuits

Fire
Mountain
day 24 of a yin moon

Fire on the mountain could be lumps on my nose? Skin cancer?

In every country, even far away from home, one finds the same universal rules. Human rules can differ fundamentally, but the voice of the gods is everywhere the same.
Who hears these voices can speak all languages on earth, he will find safety and a home wherever he is. God and Allah and Manitou and Buddha all come from the same source, only the names are different. So speak and behave from out this source, and accept the human rules as being part of the local landscape. Adapt to them with extra care, to make up for being unfamiliar with them.
In every unknown and new situation, behave like being in a strange country.

Well, yes, aging is like being in a strange country. And I do take extra care with my skin, using only EWG-approved sunscreen and makeup, always wear a hat in the sun, and basically avoid the sun most of the time.

But my perhaps poorly worded question asked for an indication of whether surgery would be required. Any thoughts?
:bows:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I have seen 56 refer to transient conditions. I've seen it refer to transient antibodies in blood tests....good news ! I've seen 56 come up for viruses and bugs...all kinds of conditions that merely pass through

I dare not of course make any kind of prediction in your case as I simply don't know. I just wanted to put it here as a possibility that these lumps on your skin might be due to some temporary condition rather than anything that's there to stay.

I hope so anyway.

poised

visitor
Reaction score
I have seen 56 refer to transient conditions. I've seen it refer to transient antibodies in blood tests....good news ! I've seen 56 come up for viruses and bugs...all kinds of conditions that merely pass through.

Many thanks, Trojina. I do hope these little lumps are temporary things that will resolve on their own. Even a small surgical procedure to remove them once and for all with no complications would be fine with me.

Appreciate your input and experience, very much.

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
. . .my . . . question asked for an indication of whether surgery would be required.
56 unchanging

Yes. But biopsy is surgery.

☲ knife
☶ bump

This suggests to me that you will need more work -- travel to the doctor. You aren't anymore vain than other human beings. I worry about my bumps all the time. I do not know whether avoiding the sun does us more harm that good.

Cases have been reported in Britain in recent years of rickets in children of many social backgrounds caused by insufficient production in the body of vitamin D because the sun's ultraviolet light was not reaching the skin due to use of strong sunblock, too much "covering up" in sunlight, or not getting out into the sun. Other cases have been reported among the children of some ethnic groups in which mothers avoid exposure to the sun for religious or cultural reasons, leading to a maternal shortage of vitamin D; and people with darker skins need more sunlight to maintain vitamin D levels.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rickets

Please follow up on this.

poised

visitor
Reaction score
Diamonds are a girl's best friends

Knife and Bump….I am amazed, pocossin.

I do take vitamin D daily, lots of it, even during the summer.

And yes, the doc thought there would be more work to do, which I believe translates to taking off some or all of these bumps after the biopsy report is completed by the lab. Three of the four are rather small, so I'm not worried about tiny scars; the fourth is above nostril and large enough to see from a foot or so away. Doc joked that I might need a ruby; I'm lobbying for a diamond nose piercing stud. Will my medical insurance pay for it? Hah. obamacare sux.

http://bodypiercingmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Nose-Piercing-Stud.jpg

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).