...life can be translucent

Menu

Will X get fired? 43 unchanging

mulberry

visitor
Reaction score
Quick post: a colleague of mine misbehaved severely (no harassment or anything like that, but purposefully made the company, and several employees, look bad in public). Another colleague has threatened to quit in light of this. I asked, will X be fired?

43 unchanging seems to be Yi saying, "yes, we're having a conversation about directly this" ("one must make the matter known at the court of the king", the translation "Removing Corruption", denouncing the criminal in court etc) but I'm not sure what beyond that. I used to be against yes/ no readings but recently I've found them accurate amd helpful.

I read the 43 uc thread in exploring div & it was helpful-- I'll also update later. In the interim, any thoughts on this?

Knowing the situation firsthand I think X won't be fired-- but this seems to indicate some kind of punishment will be administered, no?

Tim K

visitor
Reaction score
If he makes a sincere apology and is truly sorry then no.
Otherwise he will be fired.

Juliah

visitor
Reaction score
I would say that the situation will be solved through a higher official as an arbitrator and some administrative punishment will be imposed.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
I see this hexagram as a snapshot of the incident as it describes voicing an opinion in public. As there are no change lines I see this as meaning no change will come as a result of this so the employee will not be fired.

mulberry

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone! My coworker didn't get fired. He made the kind of apology Ashteroid mentioned—sincere, and truly sorry (after I told him he had to—I was angry at him, but also wanted the apology). He apologized to everyone openly. Juliah, there may have been an intervention from someone higher up as well but if so I didn't hear about it. Rosada, he didn't voice an opinion so much as make a mean joke at the expense of others at the company. But, you're right he wasn't fired.

All in all the storm appears to have passed, though feelings are still bruised and it's the kind of thing that could come back to haunt him if anything else goes wrong in the near future.

mulberry

visitor
Reaction score
Just updating this thread to say, in hindsight, my tone was way too nice about this guy! He's since done numerous fire-able things and bullied a couple of coworkers (and, at times, me). The other colleague I mentioned in this thread is long gone, pushed out by him. He retains his position because of some links to funded projects/clients, otherwise he'd be out by now.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).