...life can be translucent

Menu

How to work with Trump election results? #23 unchanging

P

pristad

Hello Clarity Community,
This is my first step out of the shadows on the site, so...hello!

On November 13 2016, a few days after the U.S. presidential election (which had a powerfully upsetting effect on me), I asked:

"How can I best work with the results of this election?"
Yi said #23 unchanging - Splitting Apart (Wilhelm) or Stripping Away (Barrett)

The two interpretations - and Karcher's - all offer very different perspectives on change. I felt Wilhelm's to be most apt when I received it, especially about "..dark, inferior forces overcome what is superior and strong, not by direct means, but by undermining it gradually and imperceptibly so that it finally collapses."
It goes on to describe a house falling apart because of a shattered roof (not a glass ceiling!-( and the hexagram's connection with the 9th month (Oct./Nov.)

And the Judgment notes it does not further one to go anywhere. So the instinct to flee was/is futile:-/

Interestingly, Hilary's approach is much more (to me) clearly trigram-based with the image of erosion...though this might be considered more of a mudslide IMO.

And Karcher and Hilary both point to the rottenness and old futility that need to be stripped away. But like this? Well, apparently so.

Your thoughts and responses are most welcome. Thanks.

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Trump ran on the platform that he would strip away all the Washington insiders. Although it appears his election is throwing the whole system into chaos perhaps this was the only way the stuck energies could shift. The image for 23 encourages helping those below. I see this as meaning that while there may be lots of change and confusion in the higher levels of government our focus should be on what needs to be done in our own worlds, our own immediate communities.

T

The9thSpade

Today is 3rd July, 2019 and a lot has happened between that election and today. Funny thing is, a lot of people have been doing exactly this advice, and doing so in ways I never really expected.

Everything from going to therapy for the first time and benefitting, to quitting their careers, to running for office, to mass demonstrations ... it's been strangely polarizing, but in a way that has really opened our eyes and hearts to who the people around us actually are.

I couldn't even tell you how many people I know personally who have come to terms with the toxicity of a loved one or friend, and just calmly said Goodbye to them, and are moving on. It's been really jarring, but uplifting for people.

"Feels like a flaying" ... yep, we Americans can all vouch for that, regardless.

liquidity

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Today is 3rd July, 2019 and a lot has happened between that election and today. Funny thing is, a lot of people have been doing exactly this advice, and doing so in ways I never really expected.

Everything from going to therapy for the first time and benefitting, to quitting their careers, to running for office, to mass demonstrations ... it's been strangely polarizing, but in a way that has really opened our eyes and hearts to who the people around us actually are.

I couldn't even tell you how many people I know personally who have come to terms with the toxicity of a loved one or friend, and just calmly said Goodbye to them, and are moving on. It's been really jarring, but uplifting for people.

"Feels like a flaying" ... yep, we Americans can all vouch for that, regardless.

Great points. I asked yesterday "What do I do to help the appalling political situation in this country?" And I got 63 After Completion.

So I think the flaying has resulted in a very deep renewal. A great (positive) change has happened inwardly in this country, and we are going to see the ramifications outwardly.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).